[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so bad? you'd think for a "remake"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: kamen-rider-the-first1.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kamen-rider-the-first1.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
Why was this so bad?

you'd think for a "remake" of the original they would have made it not dogshit

still better than The Next though they somehow found a way to top themselves on that
>>
>>13725845
because japan kinda sucks at most movies
>>
>>13725845
It was quite nice until Rider Town. Seriously, fuck that part.
>>
>>13725845
I liked the suits. Helmets would have been perfect if it covered the back of their necks more.
>>
>>13726467
suits were great
>>
>>13725849
>I don't watch Japanese cinema
>>
>>13725845
Because they turned muh manly superheroes into pretty boy wankers. Not even joking, that is the #1 problem with it. Hongou is a loser and Ichimonji is scumbag. It is not okay to take cultural icons and completely change their character.
>>
>>13727652
Devil's advocate here, but a lot of Japanese movies are terrible. I mean, a lot of movies in general are terrible, but Japan has this sort of... unique brand of maudlin, navel gazing, half grotesque and half over-sanitized.... badness. Which was really on display in The First and the Next.

What India does with singing and dancing, Japan does with melancholy and tragedy-tinted sentimentality
>>
>>13730577
I agree completely, and I have a deep respect for japanese cinema. There are lots of cultural reasons for that, but melodrama is melodrama.
>>
>>13726509
They were, I also loved that first Rider Kick scene vs Spider.
>>
I thought it was okay
but I went in with the expectation that it'd be complete shit like Kamen Rider films generally are, and what I got was complete shit with good fight scenes and nice-looking suits
>>
>>13725845
Hiring Inoue long after no one restrains him/takes him seriously anymore, for one
>>
>>13725849

Japan really isn't that great at movies that aren't either samurai, arthouse or big-budget animation. Just like how we Amerifags actually kind of suck at comedy movies.
>>
>>13730505

>who is Batman
>>
>>13732333
It also doesn't help that he thought he could bring to life all the ideas his dad was only able to hint towards in the first series. (Inoue's dad is the main writer on the original Kamen Rider)
>>
>>13725845
I only watched it for the fight scenes, the music, and the idea of a hero of justice battling against all odds.

I pretty much laughed at the idea of Hongou believing that water is alive.
>>
>>13725845

Kamen Rider The First
>GOAT costumes
>Nice Shocker update, and gave them a good introduction
>Solid fight scenes
>Boring characters that are extremely paper thin
>Forced subplot that feels unnecessary and dull
>Not enough legit Shocker
>No real tone to the movie beyond a carbon copy Michael Bay film

Kamen Rider The Next
>Even worse than The First
>Plot threads from last movie are totally ignored
>Kazami Shiro is butchered to Fant4stic levels
>New villains have 0 charisma or even a chance to show it
>Fight scenes are forgettable
>One of the most pants-on-head retarded subplots I've ever seen, complete with try hard spooky elements that feel like they were shoved into the wrong movie
>>
>>13730505

Ichimonji actually winds up as a better character because at least he has a primary motivating aspect to his character, even if it happens to be "wants to get his dick wet".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.