[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[EG] Victory Gundam BD - Disc 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=772425

Finally done with box 1, admittedly a little later than I wanted. Moving on to box 2.

One more box and 0083 to go
>>
>>13723147
thank you for your service
>>
>>13723147
Oh sweet!
>>
File: 1443655714520.jpg (174KB, 496x691px) Image search: [Google]
1443655714520.jpg
174KB, 496x691px
>>13723147
You are a wonderful person, RX782
>>
>>13723147
Oh shit nigger. It's time

Thanks a bunch RX.
>>
Why does Tomino hate this show so much? It seems pretty good so far.
>>
>>13723446
Lotta negative emotions went into this show. He probably doesn't like that, his post-depression shows are considerably lighter and more hopeful.
>>
File: CRwkWbZU8AAfsBW.jpg:orig.jpg (39KB, 637x777px) Image search: [Google]
CRwkWbZU8AAfsBW.jpg:orig.jpg
39KB, 637x777px
Cool, thanks!
>>
File: feelsasgood.png (339KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
feelsasgood.png
339KB, 640x480px
>>13723147
>>
>>13723147
A: 10
V: 10

Thanks based RX
>>
>>13723446

>>13723452

Tomino's embarrassed that he let his emotional state at the time run rampant and affect the show in many ways. Had he not been depressed, he likely wouldn'tve made a lot of the bitter franchise killing choices he tried to make.

In short, he knows he didn't necessarily give this show his full effort. I still think it's great in spite of that, as his pessimistic take on war almost suits the drama, but I can understand why he'd hate it. In a way, his impulsive decisions to kill certain characters or alter the plot, or make silly designs could be seen as unprofessional and childish.
>>
>>13723147
Slightly upset that they only put 5 eps on this disc instead of 7 episodes like the others, but I'm glad we're finally getting disc 4 nonetheless. Thanks RX
>>
>>13723446
Because he didn't want to make it, made it dark and depressing to piss Bandai and gunota off
Also very repetitive because he clearly didn't put too much effort in characters and setting.
Also, drama for the sake of drama without anything to tell.
Basically like Attack on Titan.

I still like it, it has moments with a lot of pathos.
>>
>>13723566

I'm not sure how you'd argue that it's anything but unprofessional and childish to be honest. Something good did come of it in the end, because Victory is one of his better Gundam shows in my opinion, but it was despite him and not because of him.
>>
>>13723800

I'm not. I think Tomino is personally an obnoxious and even ungrateful man considering what he's accomplished and how he views both it and the fans, but there is no doubt that he's also a genius capable of creating good solid works despite that.

In short, I like his work. I don't think I like the man himself very much, though I have met him twice and seen him act kind to people as well, so it depends on his mood (and I'm sure otaku are tough to deal with at times).

But yes, Victory is good in spite of his attitude. Though I do think his bad attitude still unwittingly created a more interesting show despite both himself and itself.
>>
Bump.

>>13723624
Cliffhanger to divide the box sets.
>>
>>13723147
720p batch when?
>>
>>13724908
>Rx782
>720p batch
>current year
>>
>>13724974
It's a meme at this point
>>
>>13724834
Yeah, I figured that one disc would have to have less episodes, given that there are 51 episodes, and 51 isn't a multiple of 7.
>>
>>13723147
Why is the Rig Shokew such a downgrade from the Shokew?
>>
Hey, has anybody talked about slapping subs on that Zeta release?
>>
>>13723147
That looks disgustingly overfiltered.

ew.
>>
>>13733950
Blame the original BD.
>>
>>13733950
You should see the second half of disc 2.

>>13734292
Speaking of quality, have you looked at the quality for the next box and discs? Does it stay the same quality as disc 3 & this one, or does it get disc 2 tier worse?
>>
>>13734431
Disc 3 only looks better because in my switchover to the 16mm filtering script, I neglected to remove the edge enhancement on disc 2, and remembered to bring the filter back for discs 3 and 4. The rest of the series will probably be this bad.

I haven't fully obtained box 2 yet, but I'm sure it's the same.
>>
>>13734781

..... so you can v2 disc 2 and fix it a bit?
>>
>>13734781
Adding to this, I took a few days of back-and-forth filtering tests with unfiltered, DNR-only, and DNR+digital grain, judging filesize differences and subjective appearance. It was my opinion that the DNR+digital grain version was the most pleasing of the three, so I went with it here.

>>13734818
I'm not bothering.
>>
>>13734874
>I'm not bothering.

Crapples. I don't blame you, I know you're done.

It's just one of those "well, great, now I KNOW" things.
>>
>>13734781
>Disc 3 only looks better because in my switchover to the 16mm filtering script
Huh. Well there was that glow in the corner in the disc 2 16mm episodes I posted about that hasn't appeared in disc 3 onwards, so as long as that's pretty much gone I'm 100% content.
>>
>>13734874
We'll miss you, especially when G and X get Blurays.
>>
just out curiosity, are you going to upload the whole batch to bakabt when you're done?
>>
Approaching the end of an era here ;--;
The Grain Era that is
>>
>>13736747
>X
>Blurays
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.