[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dragonar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

Every now and then one of you oldfags will talk about metal armor dragonar... is it good? Is it worth watching? Are the kits worth getting?

Talk to me /m/
I need fuel to continue being a fat piece of shit
>>
good subs never
>>
File: 18341962281_3fa259cd5f_o.jpg (546KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
18341962281_3fa259cd5f_o.jpg
546KB, 1920x1280px
Anywhere to watch full episodes?

I got the Robot Damashii toy, its great
>>
>>13722941
Lots of stock footage
>>
Translation is pretty bad, makes the show funny at best, confusing at worst.
>>
>>13722974
If you can read italian then you are fine.
>>
The kits are old school but awesome. Top notch mecha designs. Inexpensive too.

The series is pretty good. Don't expect like a top notch 80s mecha series but also it's not notably bad or anything. Decent OST, cool battles, again, awesome mecha.

Good stuff overall, nothing to fear getting into the franchise and merch.
>>
>>13722941
>one of you oldfags

(raises hand)

>will talk about metal armor dragonar... is it good?

Meh. It's OK. Or rather, it WAS okay. Compared to a lot of the shit made today it's fucking stellar.

>Is it worth watching?

I guess? Honestly, I was underwhelmed.

>Are the kits worth getting?

Fuck no.
>>
>is it worth watching?
Meh
>are the kits worth getting?
I have all the MC kits, and they are pretty solid. They need some glue on the seams to hide the gaps. Articulation is okay. They aren't terrible. Similar quality to most of the 90s gunpla kits, meaning they rely solely on polycaps and need some paint to look really finished.
>>
>>13722996
Kind of wish they would make a remake of the show this time showing these mechs versions of animation
>>
>>13722941
>is it good?
don' know, no subs

> Is it worth watching?
If you know moon speak watch it and tell me

>Are the kits worth getting?
no clue
>>
It's basically gundam, set in an AU, before all of the AU universes were established, hence the name change.
Okawara designed mecha
Tomino style writing
Same artistic style

It was an alternate universe before alternate universes were a thing.
>>
>>13723208
There's tons of little paralels too. The Earth military even have Ball equivlens before the Dragonar units.
And the Dragoons are pretty much GMs (though they seemed a bit more significant in a fight).
>>
>>13722941
It's Gundam if you want to laugh instead of feeling despair at the world. I don't mean laugh because it's crap, I meant laugh because the show is comedic. Show's good.
>>
>>13723227
I think it was sunrise's attempt to revive Gundam before they knew it was going to be popular
>>
File: 1435514275938.jpg (370KB, 753x450px) Image search: [Google]
1435514275938.jpg
370KB, 753x450px
>>13722974
It'll get them eventually, just be glad that Alpha Numbers isn't doing it. In the meantime, at least one of /m/ Subs' members is focusing on Dorvack.

>>13723208
It does help that Kanda did another show with youths piloting mechs beforehand.
>>
Yeah dragonar's fun. It doesn'r re-invent the wheel but it has a lot of really good things going for it
>>
File: 227372-gundam-seed-aile-strike.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
227372-gundam-seed-aile-strike.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
Gundam SEED seems to have more in common with Dragonar than Gundam 0079.
>>
>>13723923
I have to agree
>>
So can somebody tell me more about the 1/144 kits?
>>
>>13723923
>Kira Yamato has the charisma of a Caucasian, the dick of a black man and the MC powers of a Japanese man.
>Kira Yamato is the fusion of all 3 protagonists of Dragonar into one.
>>
No.13724783▶
>>13723923
>batshit crazy loon is one of the main villains
Come to think of it, yes. Muruta Azrael is essentially Dorchenov, but with a better motivation, isn't he?
>>
File: ObariDragonar.jpg~original.jpg (154KB, 608x902px) Image search: [Google]
ObariDragonar.jpg~original.jpg
154KB, 608x902px
>>
>>13722974

Someday, Starseeker will sub some more of it.
>>
>>13733442
In an ideal world someone who isn't me will sub it.
>>
>>13724789
Dorchenov is somewhere between Azrael and Glemmy. He has the former's kill crazy streak, while also having the latter's 'Just sort of bumblefucks his way into the role'
>>
>>13733572
We need you. The current subs are terribad
>>
>>13733572
At least you're doing some work on the side for Dorvack (and possibly the Layzner blu-rays) nowadays. That'll give you another breather after Gyrozetter.

>>13733606
That comparison makes sense.
>>
>>13733712
My sole role on Dorvack right now is encoder. My light project was going to be finishing the Ginga S film, which I suppose I'll finish even though someone has alledgedly beaten me to it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.