[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nagai and Anno Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: N and A Interview 1.jpg (1MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
N and A Interview 1.jpg
1MB, 3300x2550px
Hello /m/, I'm Joe Stronger. I like a lot of old shit, but a lot of it is in Japanese. So today I'm going to dump this here in the hopes that someone someday will make better use of it than I can.

I originally sought this book, the Devilman Kaitaishinsho or Devilman Tabulae Anatomicae, because I fucking love Devilman, but when I heard about this interview from evageeks (which is only partially translated and even then is like a page and a half translated from Japanese to French to English) I got even more interested, especially considering Anno at one point in the interview cites the works of Ken Ishikawa, who is my favorite mangaka and created Getter Robo which is my favorite mecha series in existence, as his bible in High School. So naturally, I wanted the rest.

I don't have the whole book scanned, sadly, only the opening 12 or so pages that contain the interview, but I figure these pages are valuable enough in their own right. Due to my minimal knowledge of moonrunes, I can't exactly use them, but if any of you can, then I figure it's work it to give you these pages.

So to whoever has a plan for these pages, godspeed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mmPcfr-xrLWVF2eERQejJHUGs

(Note: I am aware that these images are only slightly related to mecha on the basis of Uncle Go and Anno, but I still figure they have a place being shared on /m/)

(Another Note: If a large number of people ask, I might also scan the rest of the book. It'd be long and tedious and would all be raws, but I figure if I died tomorrow or anytime in the future and shared at least some of my love for the classics, then that'd be worth scanning.)
>>
>>13721063
thanks for those
>>
>>13721063

Getter Robo is mediocre.
>>
>>13721153
your mom is mediocre

5/10

hi spic how was your day
>>
>>13721164
I am white. I do not know where the spic is.
>>
>>13721153
Mecha as a whole is shit, so a series being mediocre is the best you're going to get, so thanks for admitting the Getter is one of two or three series worthy of the honor of being called mediocre.
>>
>>13721153
It's a series that got started in the early seventies by two hacks that can't even come up with original ideas, let alone use them properly. Fuck did you expect?
>>
>>13721215
nice one famm
>>
>>13721327
>>>/v/
Go to somewhere where they'll support your shitposting, Dynamic Pro fan. I know you already frequent the board, so it shouldn't be that hard for you.
>>
>>13721344
what are you talking about hermano? I'm on your side
>>
>>13721063
Wasn't this already translated from french? Thanks regardless.
>>
>>13721355
You think you can just vals in here and pretend to be one of us, gringo?
>>
>11 posts, 5 posters
>all these shitposts by one guy
wew lad, we 6 posters now
>>
>>13721369
Only a partial translation surfaced on Evageeks, which originated from an /m/ pastebin, but that was almost 6 years ago and I'm unable to locate the original.

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/401342/Translated-interview-between-Nagai-and-Anno/
>>
>>13721406
>only one person could possibly dislike series I like
You really need to learn to grow up and accept the fact that people might find something you like mediocre and that it may, in fact, be mediocre at best. I know it's hard, but I'm sure you can do it.
>>
>>13721063
neat
there's never enough scanned text stuff like this
>>
>>13721429
http://gettermario.dynamicforum.net/t974-entretien-go-nagai-hideaki-anno
>>
>>13721454
>accept the fact that people
That people are spics.

I'm fully aware of that, you didn't have to remind me.
>>
Gundam - shit
Mazinger - shit
Macross - shit
Getter - mediocre

OK, so Getter wins.

Because it's the best. Take that, Dancougar fags.
>>
>>13721515
This was already addressed in an earlier post. Learn to read, please.
>>
>>13721509
You know nobody hates Eva more than the spics, right?
>>
>>13721509
Keep it up with that boogeyman anon, I'm sure it'll continue to do wonders for you now just like it has in the past.
>>
>>13721454
>let's just ignore the 11 posts, 5 posters scenario
You really need to stop shitposting, you cocksucking faggot
>>
File: heavy suicide.gif (390KB, 255x144px) Image search: [Google]
heavy suicide.gif
390KB, 255x144px
>>13721063
>Interested in seeing what /m/ thinks about this since the subtle parallels between Getter and Eva have always interested me
>"lol getter sux"
>>
>>13722324

Just like EVA. Now I see the connection.
>>
>>13722324
>Go Nagai
>Getter
trollan
>>
>>13722439
>Anno at one point in the interview cites the works of Ken Ishikawa, who is my favorite mangaka and created Getter Robo which is my favorite mecha series in existence, as his bible in High School

Excuse me for actually reading the OP
>>
/m/ only cares to talk about Gundam, Muvluv, and Kamen Rider, sorry about your wasted thread OP
>>
>>13722547
Eh. At least 2 or 3 people cared. As long as someone grabs the files I'm satisfied.
>>
>>13722757
My apology was pretty genuine as I honestly care too. I'm just kind of aloof to the ongoing shitposting crusade against Getter Robo, of all things, lately. It was barely even in the OP
>>
>>13722772

Maybe it's because Getter Robo kinda of sucks.
>>
>>13723534
>kinda of

This has to be bait
>>
>>13723534
You sure put a bunch of drawings in their place, amigo.

How dare they be made out of ink? How outrageous!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.