[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is this consider a bad Super Sentai again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

So why is this consider a bad Super Sentai again?
>>
Watch it and find out retard.
>>
>>13719647
Something about the ending and time-traveling.
>>
>>13719647
Not enough ol'e
>>
>>13719647
Because nobody actually watched except 1 autistic guy so that guy's opinion became "fact". A similar thing happened to both Macross 7 and Gundam ZZ.
>>
>>13719647
I heard it was bipolar.

Kept switching from serious to silly in a bad way.
>>
>>13719647
It was better then both the Sentai series that came before and after it.
>>
File: 1369884983694.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1369884983694.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>13719756
>Implying Carranger isn't the best Sentai
>>
>>13719726
>Something about the ending and time-traveling
Did you even watch the fucking show? It got bad at episode 9.
>>
File: b6hglvg.png (537KB, 523x727px) Image search: [Google]
b6hglvg.png
537KB, 523x727px
>>13719756
>better than Kakuranger or Carranger.
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>13719647
Because it got retooled from the "mature and serious" show it originally was. It is in fact a decent series if you can come to terms with the retool. At least for a sentai series
>>
>>13719736
This. It was unsubbed for a long time, so all /m/ had to go on was the opinion of a blogger who said it nearly killed Sentai.
/m/ can't think for itself and everyone needs to be able to comment on every show, regardless of whether they've seen it or not. Since you want to avoid getting called out on bullshit, your best option for this kind of shitposting is to simply repeat the opinions you've seen before that weren't immediately trashed.

Even after it started getting subbed and people watched it, though, we still have faggots pretending like Ohranger is somehow unique in having silly and serious episodes. They're also quick to shout RETOOL oh look someone's already done it despite the production schedules for this being incredibly tight and episodes with mature themes continuing to pop up. The show did not become completely silly, and other series like Jetman having similar levels of mood whiplash.

Everyone in the know is aware that Dynaman is the series the actually almost cancelled Sentai.
>>
>>13719647
Because people are faggots and didn't actually watched it.
It has some weird moments but it's still good
>>
>>13720085
>hey're also quick to shout RETOOL oh look someone's already done it despite the production schedules for this being incredibly tight and episodes with mature themes continuing to pop up.
I hope you're not implying it wasn't retooled. Becuase that would just be willfully ignorant.
>>
File: TOP SLAG.png (693KB, 808x480px) Image search: [Google]
TOP SLAG.png
693KB, 808x480px
>>13720199
Damn, that funny faced kid from Black turned smokin hot.
>>
>>13720211
>>
>>13719748

This.

Ohranger does this in a way that a lot of Sentai don't and is worse off for it. The show's original aim and intent is clearly thrown out the window, that doesn't mean there can't be serious episodes, but it was absolutely toned down in comparison to what it was set out to be.
>>
>>13719736
But multiple people watched Macross 7 way before it got decent subs, and had multiple opinions on it. There was no clear consensus back then. There's only one now because more people got to watch it for themselves. Once you get past the novelty of Fire Bomber and Basara's bullshit, the show is what everyone says it is nowadays.
>>
>>13720280
>But multiple people watched Macross 7 way before it got decent subs, and had multiple opinions on it. There was no clear consensus back then.
The operative word here is "multiple".
No one fucking watched Ohranger, so they only had one opinion to rely on. It was considered even more official because it came from off-site. Wow, this guy has a blog where he talks about Sentai all day, he must really know what's going on!
>>
>>13720285
>It was considered even more official because it came from off-site. Wow, this guy has a blog where he talks about Sentai all day, he must really know what's going on!
Ah, fuck, that was the worst. I hated that nonsense, it was even worse than when people would repost stuff from those old toku shrines.
>>
>>13720306
Remember the last time someone tried to support hat by quoting the PR wiki?

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Ep._9:_Suddenly!!_A_Traitor
>This Ohranger episode is the first made after the events of the Aum Shinrikyo attack on the Tokyo subway on March 20th, 1995; it marks a dramatic departure from the original 8 Ohranger episodes produced and the end of the original intentions of the series.
>added 01:18, November 10, 2014
>>
Why can't you guys admit the show got changed because of a terrorist attack? If you've even watched the show you'd be able to tell as much.
>>
File: face.gif (32KB, 298x354px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
32KB, 298x354px
>>13720211

She was the best part of Black.
>>
>>13720403
Not as bad as the time 9/11 forced the Gingaman retool.
>>
>>13719647
It isn't, /m/ just isn't familiar with older sentai. Keep in mind this was an anniversary series.
>>
>>13720437
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>13719647
The characters have no personality.
The sixth is stupidly underused.
The first 8 episodes are about getting the mech, then nothing happens till KingRanger's shitty introduction, then in episode 30 the story actually begins but it was too late, and the problems with the characters arent compensated except for Yuji rushing to beat Bacchsund which is about the only big character scene.
>>
>>13720085
>The show did not become completely silly, and other series like Jetman having similar levels of mood whiplash.
This is true.

>Jetman is great despite being focused on only two rangers and having a twist in the ending that makes no sense.
>Zyuranger is shit because it only focuses on two rangers
>Dairanger is shit because a twist in the ending makes no sense

Just dont try to find logic in this fanbase OP.
>>
>>13720403
I think most Ohranger apologist admit that, what they are actually saying is that Ohranger is still good despite that.

>>13720499
He's joking I think.
>>
>>13720512

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Dairanger is shit. Yeah it's twist ending made no sense, but much like Mass Effect that twist ending was confined to the last like 1% of the show. So while coming out of nowhere like that was stupid, there's still hours and hours of good show to enjoy before it shits the bed.

Personally, I had more trouble with Jetman. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into it.
>>
>>13720549
>I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Dairanger is shit.
You have clearly never been on /ssg/. I envy you.

>t that twist ending was confined to the last like 1% of the show. So while coming out of nowhere like that was stupid, there's still hours and hours of good show to enjoy before it shits the bed.
Yeah, I think the same, that's why I always defend Dairanger.
>>
>>13720518
>Ohranger is still good despite that
That's debatable.
>>
>>13720692
I was just saying what Ohranger apologist say, I personally disagree.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.