[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you build robots several times larger than the guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 400px-DinobotsG1.jpg (23KB, 400x139px) Image search: [Google]
400px-DinobotsG1.jpg
23KB, 400x139px
Why would you build robots several times larger than the guys on your side and several times more powerful who can use beam weaponry in dinosaur mode and give them small brains
>>
>>13717915
>give them small brains

Because they're several times larger and more powerful than you.

duh.

what do you think's gonna happen when they wise up and realize that you and you're enemies are both cunts fighting a pointless war
>>
>>13717924
Smart Grimlock didn't do anything too treasonous though. He just waxed poetic then made the Technobots so he could fuck around in the mud.
>>
>>13717915
iirc Spike took Ratchet and Wheeljack to see the dinosaur exhibit at the museum and Ratchet and Wheeljack thought dinosaurs were awesome and made robot dinosaurs.
They did give them that intelligence-boosting thing, but it only worked when the dinobots were in robot mode.
>>
File: grimlock king.jpg (118KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
grimlock king.jpg
118KB, 600x365px
>>13717929
>Smart Grimlock didn't do anything too treasonous though

In the comic he was always trying to usurp Prime even successfully once. He was like a more competent Starscream
>>
>>13717932
The issue is why would you make them dumb anyways
It's a big oversight for even 80s cartoon logic where the main villain can turn into a gun and then be used by his subordinates
>>
>>13717915

Like anything involving dinosaurs, it's obviously just a test of faith. Now stop questioning it and bereive.
>>
>>13717938
Well to be fair the comic allowed more room for development than the cartoon, and it's not like the two even follow anything more than "Autobots vs Decepticons with some Matrix and Unicron bullshit" anyways. How were the Marvel Dinobots created again?
>>
I don't think they meant to make them dumb, they just came out that way
>>
>>13717980
They weren't, they just crashed in the Savage Land, and were dug out by Ratchet.

They had average intelligence, and Grimlock even spoke normally... for a while.
>>
>>13717992
Ah, okay. So similar to what IDW later did though with a lot less Shockwave I presume?
>>
>>13717996
Nope, Shockwave was also involved with that. In fact, their fight in IDW was a homage to their Marvel incarnations.

Basically, the Dinobots were part of the Arks crew and crashed with the rest of them. Shockwave was on the Decepticon ship, and crashed on Earth for some reason.

The Ark then activated the five Dinobots to fight him, and all ended up deactivated after they all fell into a tar pit.
>>
File: Primitives fight.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Primitives fight.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>
>>13717915
While we're on the subject, it's not like the Geisters in Exkaiser were that smart to begin with (aside maybe Ptera and Dino) before they got their dino bodies.
>>
>>13718022
Oh, that's cool then. One more question, how is Target 2006?
>>
>>13717915
>small brains
simple brains
>>
>>13717929
If I recall correctly, the Dinobots seem to have mellowed out by season three and were generally more loyal by then.
>>
>>13718040
This is more on the subject

Why is the VF-1 a shuttle
Why do three guys merge into a tiny camera, why not a big camera
Is there a need to prefix everything with mechanical or sci-fi terms
What's the purpose of the Seekers when everyone can fly
Or for that matter, 'robots in disguise' when the Autobots are openly comrades with the human race
How does an Mayan girl in bumfuck nowhere know what properly regulates energy flow
Why is Bumblebee entertained by the thought of a relationship with the Mayan girl's brother's convertible when it's just a car and not a car robot
Why do you need a convertible when you live around ancient ruins
>>
>>13718098
Those are all valid questions, and the answer is 80s US cartoon writers aren't known for using logic.
>>
>>13718139
Why doesn't Chip just give himself robot legs
Why do humans ride in Optimus usually when he's the leader and it's a liability
>>
>>13718098
>What's the purpose of the Seekers when everyone can fly
Their ability to fly largely depends on how bothered the animators are
>>
>>13718161
>Why do humans ride in Optimus usually when he's the leader and it's a liability
Well you try riding in a C-list character and see if you get plot armor for long.
>>
>>13718040
The Geisters were just a bunch of dumb space pirates though. Except Dino, who was actually competent, and was thus the boss.
>>
>>13718139
>implying "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide" isn't the greatest love story ever told
>>
>>13718216
The Autobot base is too lightly armed too
Since Earth and Autobots are buddies, shouldn't there be armed guards at their base or human soldiers who work under them?

Not just a motherless family and a cripple
>>
This is a good one that keeps bugging me

Why are they 'robots in disguise' or 'more than meets the eye' when nobody uses alt mods as disguises when the Autobots are openly allies with humanity and Decepticons are their enemies?
>>
>no Ankyolosaurus Dinobot
>>
>>13718098
>Why do you need a convertible when you live around ancient ruins

To get the fuck away from ancient ruins?
>>
>>13718045
Pretty fuckin' great.
>>
>>13719195
Why the fuck would you post human guards at the Ark? There are AUTOBOTS there to fight off Decepticon attacks. We actually do see human guards equipped with anti-Decepticon weapons even early on in season 1 - at a factory mass-producing energy weapons to arm the Autobots and also G.I. Joe since this is the Sunbow universe. - but they don't fare too well, and Optimus Prime and co. still have to save the day. The point is, even well-armed humans can't really do shit against Decepticons.
>>
>>13717915
>Why would you build robots several times larger than the guys on your side and several times more powerful who can use beam weaponry in dinosaur mode and give them small brains

Because Wheeljack is a mad scientist.
>>
>>13721809
There is, in Beast Wars.
>>
>>13722014
>Why the fuck would you post human guards at the Ark
So the Autobots can have snowball fights and go to museums comfortably
Also combined arms

This seems like a really halfassed war effort, the appearance of the Decepticons should have stopped the cold war
>>
>>13722110
>So the Autobots can have snowball fights and go to museums comfortably
I got excited and thought you were talking about Rescue Bots for a moment. Then I remembered that happened in G1 too.
>>
>>13722290
Rescue Bots is all serious business, no time for tomfoolery
>>
SIMPLE BRAINS!
>>
>>13722294
Rescuebots SAVIN THE DAY!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.