[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the 3DS is cracked, I'm stocking up on games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3

File: 3ds srw.jpg (34KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
3ds srw.jpg
34KB, 600x389px
So now that the 3DS is cracked, I'm stocking up on games.

Already got G Generation, the first mission was fucking brutal, a Quattro gen break, more ELS and then Mr Bushido.

Grabbing SRW UX and BX, what other mecha games of note are there on the system?
>>
Liberation Maiden (assuming you grab the Guild 01 release)
Kokuga (for those not living in the US)
Gyrozetter
the latest Medabots games
both Gaist Crusher games (not quite as /m/, but power armor is close enough)
>>
>>13717464
>the 3DS is cracked
Can you load stuff up on to the SD card or do you need to use one of those horrible overpriced flashcarts?
>>
>>13717509
All you need is an SDcard and a brain, flashcarts are now obsolete.
>>
>>13717464
There was that Lost Planet spinoff....EX Troopers or something I think. was supposed to be decent.
>>
>>13717514
I hear N3DS models are still prone to arbitrary bricking.

Personally I already own pretty much every game I care about and am more curious about homebrew development than I am about giving Nintendo a well deserved fuck you (YOU SHOULD'VE GIVEN CODENAME STEAM ACTUAL MARKETING YOU ASSHOLES), so as long as I'm hearing stories about News getting bricked I'm not in a rush.

>>13717522
well except for that.
Yeah EX Troopers, the game you wouldn't know is a Lost Planet spinoff, that's also impractical to localize because so much of the text is in fact prefabricated images.

Anyway, call me when the hack scene mastered amiibo spoofing for good.
>>
Iron Combat: War in the Air

>>13717487
Kokuga's been on the US eShop for a while now.
>>
>>13717531
>I hear N3DS models are still prone to arbitrary bricking
Fuck that then, I'd rather keep my N3DS and just pay for stuff

I'm interested in what this might mean for games that will never ever otherwise get localized, considering the good stuff seems to be nip-only.
>>
>>13717536
Yes, but due to problems, Canada can't have it.
>>
>>13717514
I think I heard about this on /v/. Don't you need Menuhax and something called 'RX Tools' or something like that? How exactly does this work?
>>
>>13717569
Well that depends on what you're eyeing.

Also if you don't mind being a buyfag then you can at least defeat region lock with the homebrew channel hackware which is trivial to install and doesn't risk fucking anything up for you (until you want to install homemenuhax and you have to live without your home theme of choice unless you either use one of the vanilla themes or you can find a non-shitty custom theme on the web).
>>
>>13717531

The bricks you've heard of are either the"softbricks" from there being an element of RNG in the downgrade process, which is just a case of a reset and another try until the downgrade sticks, or dipshits who can't follow instructions trying to use firmware from the wrong region during the downgrade and fully bricking their model. I haven't seen a single report of a hard brick that wasn't user error. It's true that the N3DS will generally take longer to downgrade though.

>>13717598

It sounds complicated, but basically it's a matter of tricking the system into installing an older firmware version, then going from there to CFW, which is RX Tools in most cases. Hit up homebrew general on /vg/ for a step by step guide.
>>
>>13717622
I mean, I already have Ironhax and Tubehax on mine. Do I need Menuhax like /v/ said? They weren't very clear.
>>
>>13717628

No, but it's easier to boot to emunand using Menuhax.
>>
Uninterested in a handheld with phone hardware from 2009.

Resolution is way too low to play some of these games for the thing. Codename STEAM looked like a post-wani purge censored doujin.
>>
>>13717636
Fair enough, I'll get Menuhax when I have my 3DS back, then.

>>13717638
I don't blame you. I fucking hate my 3DS. The only reason I still have it is that my grandfather got it for me the same year he died.

At least I might get a few yuks out of it, now.
>>
So, is it the old-generation 3DS or the New 3DS that's cracked?

Because there are some games that are totally out of print now that I need to pirate.
>>
>>13717638
I'm just interested in Mario Land and Zelda, maybe DOA and Street Fighter.
I haven't played vidya in literally over10 years, so that shit looks pretty good to me.
>>
>>13717661
>maybe DOA and Street Fighter
I'm just going to say: don't. Get them on PS3 or something. Do not play them on 3DS.
>>
>>13717685
Any particular reason?
>>
>>13717699
They're just not a very good experience, relatively speaking. You'll be playing via a tiny screen on a portable.

And any and all exclusive content isn't really worth it.
>>
File: Belkan_Flag.jpg (21KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Belkan_Flag.jpg
21KB, 1024x768px
There's the Ace Combat 2 remake, Assault Horizon Legacy, which is supposedly very good.

It got the first superweapon in the series, so it's kinda /m/-ish.

Long live Belka
>>
>>13717638
You sure your eyesight isn't shitty?

I'd be with you if you were talking about Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (which at least makes up for pixellated blob syndrome with its phenomenal art style), but Code Name STEAM is like way too deep in the THIS IS MY ART STYLE visual philosophy to succumb to resolution problems. Everything is visually distinct in that game, to the point people write it off for looking like shovelware even!

>>13717699
Not him, but DOA had weird limited-time-release costume DLC which you'll never get now, and Street Fighter is both an obsolete version and has static backgrounds.

Though from a technical standpoint Streets is a good show for the MT Framework engine's mobile fork.
>>
>>13717723
It's not that good.

I'd take it over Infinity any day of the week but it's not that good.

And it's not just because of how they played it safe in making the game, it's just not well optimized for the platform. I don't like dropped frames in my ass combat.
>>
>>13717723
It's OK, but it has that shitty "press button to lock on to the enemy" thing shoved into it from the newest game. It doesn't kill the game but it does still feel like a pointless barrier between you and blasting a bad guy out of the sky.

>>13717739
>I don't like dropped frames in my ass combat.
I played the Plus version for the N3DS, it didn't seem to have any problems with optimization.
>>
I'll just wait for Citra.

Why couldn't Nintendo just do specific region locking like they did for Pokémon B/W? I actually wanted to buy a 3DS until I heard about the region locking.
>>
Is it me or did the 3DS did kinda shitty.
>>
>>13717904
The Plus version doesn't improve on performance.

It's still the same "barely about to shit itself to death" levels of chugging.

What makes it shitty is how apparently it was worth development time to add Nintendo mascot content into Plus instead of trying to tweak the code for when a New is running the game.

Maybe it's because the PSP had ridiculous amounts of ghosting with its display but ACX never felt as choppy as Legacy.
>>
>>13717946
Probably, it competes with phones with F2P gambling addiction games tho.
Days of buying complete games for 50 bucks is probably over, plebs want to pays hundreds over months of "free" play.
>>
>>13717925
Same, but at least it looks like maybe the crack helped with Citra's progress. Hopefully there will be a stable release soon. Just in time for FE Fates
>>
>>13717946
Compared to the DS? It fucking bombed. Complete disaster.
>>
>>13718048
DS and Wii had the whole mass appeal + critical mass of shovelware two punch combo going for them.

Yknow, the very same thing that keeps cellphone freemium gaming afloat.
>>
>>13718106
Yep. Casuals started just sticking to their phones, so their old strategy that made the DS and Wii work ended up completely fucking them in the ass, and now Nintendo is in hot shit.
>>
>>13718048
Vita was the bomb & disaster.
3ds was just disappointing.
>>
>>13718048
But the DS was the second best-selling video game platform in history. Anything would come up short compared to that.

Also, cellphones. But a cool 50+ million is still nice.
>>
>>13718162
50 million is less than the GBA, IIRC. That's not very great.
>>
>>13718125
The bigger problem is that at times it feels like the 3DS is a nogames device.

Well, not so much a nogames as it feels like it's the case that games come at a trickle's pace, so unless you're balls deep into Monster Hunter you're looking at a backlog of games that you can buy up in one go, complete in a month or so, and then proceed to wonder what's left to do with your 3DS.

Needs more games.
Someone go drag Carmack out of Oculus, a wizard like him would be perfect for getting mileage out of the 3DS hardware.
>>
>>13718183
That's about what happened to me.

I have five games. Those are all of the ones I'm interested in.
>>
>>13717464
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you implying that the 3DS can now also be region-free and/or spoof its region? If so god damn that's glorious.
>>
>>13718172
>GBA
>Most successful handheld of the early 21st Century
>Another handheld doesn't have the same numbers
>>
>>13718183
Games do come at a trickle's pace. Mostly Japanese studios develop for the 3DS, and they're split between that, the Vita, and phone games which are increasingly eating up the market. American studios focus on hardcore consoles, phones, and PC for the experiences that would've gone on the GBAs and GBs of the past.

Basically the 3DS is a little too pricy for children, hence the 2DS, but even then most studios look at the 3D and think they can't come up with anything to use it other than spending extra money and voxels on 3d effects for standard games. Like Rune Factory 4; no 3D except for the anime, the actual game has very little 3D.

There are still a lot of games, at least 15 per year. But 15 means that there aren't enough genres for everyone's tastes, and every RF4, SoS, HM, and other "life simulator" game means less traditional stuff for people to play.
>>
>>13717464
wait what happen? the fuck did I miss? I'm still using the shitty browser hack
>>
>>13717464
Do tell. I think I've earned the right to not google this, just this once.
>>
>>13719020
>>13719039
Someone got Windows 95 running on a 3DS.
>>
>>13717622
>Hit up homebrew general on /vg/ for a step by step guide.

anon they said i can't do it if my firmware is up to date. why did you get my hopes up.
>>
>>13719321
you are dumb
>>
>>13719391
I might be dumb but atleast I'm not rude like you. Also I figured out my mistake anyways
>>
>>13717659
Cave Story is awful, I highly recommend against playing it. Just get the vastly superior eShop version.
>>
>>13717925
Pokemon B/W are region locked? I played my American White on my JP N3DS
>>
>>13718048
>Complete disaster
It made money, and that's all mattered. At least Nintendo doesn't bleed money from it. Sure it'd be great if it made its way into history of top selling handhelds, but history or titles alone won't keep a company afloat.
>>13717728
>DOA had weird limited-time-release costume DLC which you'll never get now
I'm pissed when I found out that Ayane's iconic purple costume is one of those limited DLC.
>>
>>13717638
Fuck off /v/. No one cares.
>>
>>13719039
-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 http://i.imgur.com/tH9FMpc.png
DOWNGRADING: http://pastebin.com/ZfA8wtA2 http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
>>
>>13718525
Not even close. The DS sold almost twice the units as the GBA.

And the PSP sold just 1 million more than the GBA.
>>
>>13718183
I dunno, man, I was building a backlog of 3DS and Wii U titles even before I started working. Just off the top of my head there's Majora's Mask, Xenoblade, and Record Breaker I've still got to finish, I didn't even start Luigi's Mansion and that came out years ago. That's not counting the roughly two dozen games I've already beaten for it.

I have more DS than 3DS games, but the DS was shovelware all day every day so of course I do. The 3DS is far from a bomb: for that, you need to look at the Vita.
>>
>>13718183
>The bigger problem is that at times it feels like the 3DS is a nogames device.
Good god going by that you must think the entire games industry is dead.

Because the 3DS comparitively has had a much better frequency of releases this gen than any other console active at the moment.
>>
>>13720663
Yeah, this generation has been complete shit. The industry is definitely dying.
>>
>>13720663
As someone who bought a PS4 at release I'm still salty that there's only three fucking games for it worth buying if you're not an FPS junkie and one of them's a bundle of two PS2 games. Just because 2 times 2 is 4 doesn't mean that's all you have to fucking do.
>>
>>13720655
I can't say the same, since getting a N3DS back in February I've been finishing games faster than I get them.

MH4U being the only real exception since it's fucking MonHun and now I'm genuinely worried I won't be able to finish 4U before X gets localized. You can't just get through MonHun in a year, not unless you have no life.
>>
>>13720669
Genre might make a difference. I trend towards games that take a long time to complete, especially if you're not spending all day on them or just taking them slowly. Bravely Default had my largely undivided attention for a good few months.
>>
>>13720680
It might be that.

Speaking of genre, I'm kinda disappointed Capcom didn't try shoving more of its MT framework games onto 3ds to show off the MT framework mobile branch some more. I would kill for REmake to get squeezed onto the 3DS, doubly so on the New where the improved hardware could help out a bit (and maybe justify making another New-exclusive title to go alongside XBC and BoI).

I'd take the fmv backgrounds being downgraded to big fat jpegs if it meant more survival horror on the go, it's actually my favorite genre to play portable, and the design quirks that make the older members of that genre work kinda favor low powered hardware like the 3ds. You don't need to push pixels and have thousands of enemies in a tank controls game.
>>
Does the eShop still work? I've got a flashcart, downgraded the firm to like version 4, while my flashcart emulates the latest one.
>>
>>13720668
It's actually been statistically proven the PS4 despite breaking records in hardware sales is horrifically underplayed. Last I recall the general verdict is the average PS4 player barely buys more than 2 games and doesn't even finish either of them. Effectively the average 'hardcore' userbase has no life outside of a single game.

In actual fact the WiiU is technically the healthiest console at the moment because people who own the console are actually buying multiple games for it. Average rate is something like 5-6 games per console with most people finishing them.

Let that sink in for a moment...
>>
>>13720724
That said, PS4 has Bloodborne.
>>
>>13717464
>stock up on games
You mean stealing them
>>
>>13717739
>Thinking Infinity is better than AHL
Spot the sonygger.
>>
>>13720741
Zero reading comprehension, as expected of a 6fag.
>>
>>13720739

Sorry chief, I'm not fucking importing a console after they've already hawked two hardware revisions to me within a generation.

I would have happily paid full price for these games if they hadn't region locked their console, like I did with all the GBA SRW games.
>>
>>13720724
Oh, I believe it. I have about a dozen or so Wii U games and most of them are pretty great. The only PS4 games I've had any interest in were GTAV, Disgaea 5 and FFX, and the only one I've finished is Disgaea.
>>
>>13720736
Can hope for DS3 on PC changing staff back to DS to not suck like DS2 I guess.
>>
>>13720789
I dunno, I liked DS2 the most as a game, other than how they fucked around with some of the stats. In terms of mechanics there's a lot about it that I'd prefer over DS1.

DS3 seems to be going for a dream match / best-of-everything design though so I'm sure it'll work out fine.
>>
>Came to thread to find some recomendations of /m/ themed games.
>Found /v/ tier discussions about 3DS and whatnot.

Guys, let's talk business and when I say business I mean big fucking robots.
Someone give some /m/ game recomendations, console doesn't matter, but I don't think we need the obvious stuff like Front Missions or ZoEs spelt out.
Someone knows some more obscure but still fun games of genre and I want to know them too.
>>
>>13720833

Phantom Crash, like Armored Core with a dash of Jet Set Radio in the setting.
>>
>>13720833
Heavy Nova
>>
>>13720833
CODE NAME STEAM
>>
>>13720838
Don't forget the sequel S.L.A.I.
>>
>>13720861
Is it any good. I was looking at that as PS2 game would be easier to acquire and emulate than Xobx game. (Unless there is good Xbox emulator available that I've somehow managed to miss.)
>>
>>13720669
>get through MonHun
I.. what?
Does that mean you just finished getting all the gear you want?
Finished all the quests?
I don't.. I don't think I've ever played a monhun to a "finish", cause I liked to pick up and play even after I got all my gear.
>>
>>13720746
>Complains of frame rate drops
>Is perfectly alright with P2W formula and locking a lazily done campaign that's not worth $20 behind a $20 pay wall.
What other phantom complaints do you have? Not enough AC5 peace mongering?
>>
>>13719584
>It made money, and that's all mattered.
It not only made money, it's made as much money as the PS3 did if not more.
>>
>>13720877
4 has more of a story quest going on.

It's how you unlock the advanced features. Currently on the Dundorma/Caravan HR arc.
>>
>>13720898
Have you tried actually reading that post?
Did you miss the part where it said he'd rather play Legacy over Infinity?
>>
>>13720957
yeah, but I finished that in like a week tops
admittedly I was already in deep in online by then, but still
>>
>>13720741
>>13720898
>I'd take it [AHL] over Infinity any day of the week
>>
>>13720833
If you've got a 3DS, go for Kid Icarus Uprising. Lots of /m/ weapons, the whole final boss is fought in an awesome giant robot, and it's also just fun and funny as hell. Plays a lot better on N3DS if you're a lefty.
>>
>>13720969
Well first I dropped the game when herp derp rock wyvern in the everwood, can't scale that skill gate.

Then I got gud but then realized my N3DS cstick nipple was out of whack so I had to send that in for repair.

When I got it back I made it all the way to Pink Rath and that bitch was yet another skill gate for me so I dropped the game again.

And then two days ago I gave it a shot and killed Pink in one go so now I'm back in the endless grind that is Monster Farmer.

From time to time I do online as well but I like soloing shit and well when you hit a skill gate you just come to full stop until you G-G-G-G-GIT GUD.
>>
>>13720988
>recommending carpal tunnel uprising
>>
>>13720665
>this generation has been complete shit. The industry is definitely dying.
I dunno, I get the impression that the increasing demands for projects mean that more people work on a single project; whereas in the past lots of people worked on different projects.

But I won't deny the current gen has been pretty shit.

>>13718183
My biggest issue with the 3DS is that so many of its games are RPGs. A little variety would have been nice, even something simple like ports of some other MGS games would have been neat.
>>
>>13720997
You need the damn stand for that game. Don't get it digitally.
>>
Can anyone on /m/ confirm just how good LBX is? Looks kind of a lot like what a Build Fighters game might be.

I didn't even know there was an anime, but I guess that's for kids.
>>
>>13720966
I did and it clearly comes off that he prefers Infinity based on how he infers it.
>>
>>13720997
Sit cross legged and rest it on your knee stupid
>>
>>13721110
See
>>13720974
>>
>>13720668
>>13720724
But hey, KH3 is coming out soon enough, and that's an exclusive to the PS4, so rejo-

>it's not exclusive because the fucking XBONE gets it

...it's exclusive to the PS4 assuming you buy something that's not complete shit, at least.
>>
>>13721152
>Infers
Way to miss the point
>>
>>13721174
Ok so you're trolling, right?

>I said AHL is not that good
>I said I'd rather play AHL over Infinity, which would logically imply I consider Infinity worse than AHL
>BUT SOMEHOW THIS MEANS I THINK INFINITY IS BETTER, OR THAT I PREFER IT TO AHL, OR THAT I DON'T THINK IT'S A TOTAL SCAM GAME

EITHER YOU'RE A TROLL
OR YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD

EITHER WAY, GOOD JOB YOU MADE ME MAD.
>>
>>13720221
Says the page is removed.
>>
>>13720724
Yeah, it's weird. Destiny has long dry spells where nobody plays. Me, I only play when I've been drinking heavily, so...
>>
>>13720833
Get Liberation Maiden on the eShop.

Attack of the Friday Monsters is both a love letter to Ultraman and other kaiju series, and also a Tokyo-In-The-Eighties life simulator.

Also, even though it's not an /m/ game, get Code of Princess. It's absolutely hilarious. It has a warrior princess who dresses in a prostitute-like fantasy warrior style, and people actually point this out for her. If you enjoy the anime Slayers, you'll enjoy Code of Princess.
>>
>>13722238
I picked up Code of Princess on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty solid beat-em-up.
>>
I'm not too familiar with cracking the 3DS. Does it just let you run emulators and bypass region lock, or are there actual roms you can run on it?

>>13721077
It's pretty fun. I'm about 4 chapters in and while the combat isn't too deep, it's fun enough to mix around different robot parts and weapons. The story is silly and fun. I'd recommend it, but probably not at full price. Also know that it only has local multiplayer, no online.
>>
Anyone got Gyrozetter and Medarot 8 cia?
>>
>>13720833
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1!

EDF!
>>
I don't /v/ often, so can anyone explain what was cracked and what can run it? Can any DS I buy run CFW even if it's new?
>>
File: Pandora's Battery.jpg (12KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
Pandora's Battery.jpg
12KB, 200x243px
How thorough is this crack?
I've been carrying a hacked psp since like 08 because of all the extra awesome it could do due to web browser and homebrew (download youtube vids, skype, pspFiler, SatFinder, PSPMaps, all dose emulators, etc, etc) as well as being my mp3 player of choice. Most of that still works aside from PSPTube, but despite my current 128gb capacity (64gb microSDx2) and the promise of 400gb (200gb microSDx2) the psp doesn't really hold up as a mobile web device in 2016. The Vita sucked, my OpenPandora computer never shipped (and is obsolete now anyway) and decently powered tablets are too big and fragile.
Does the 3DS do the pocket-swiss-army-computer thing or is it just game pirating?
>>
>>13729976
The 3DS isn't nearly the console the PSP was.
>>
>>13717946
It boomed up after recently, but yeah it doesn't compare to how the DS sold. That's fine though, since it still is doing pretty damn well. Game-wise, there's a lot of nice stuff on it.

I haven't played the DS in a while, so is there any good /m/ games for it? Already played the Medarot games for it, as well as PS0
>>
>>13717464
I am just going to wait for a better emulator to be honest. 3DS has a shit screen.
>>
>>13729976
The vita is better than the 3ds. Just wait for a better emulator.
>>
>>13733139
>the Vita is better than the 3DS
At what?
>>
>>13733229
It's a better piece of hardware for one. But anyways just wait for that emulator so you don't have to play on that shit screen.
>>
>>13733234
Fuck off /v/.
>>
>>13733234
Fuck off /v/.
>>
>>13733234
Yeah, and I have access to a supercomputer at work that makes every console and handheld look like trash, but it still doesn't have any fucking G A M E S
>>
>>13733273
There are games for every system anon even the Saturn.
>>
>>13733261
>>13733248
I have never been to /v/ before but you clearly have. So you fuck off.
>>
>>13733285
Saturn doesn't have games, it has arcade experiences.
>>
>>13717464
as of when was it cracked?
>>
>>13733285
The Saturn's got more worth playing than the Vita, breh.
>>
Where can I get good deals on a 3ds? (<100)
>>
>>13733296
You'd fit right in there. They love shitposting about consoles and fighting an invisible brand loyalty war!
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.