[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this loathsome cunt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

File: 2016-01-06.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on this loathsome cunt?
>>
He served his purpose well in a series that served its purpose well, which was being fun. Dont get why there are people who are rabidly into TTGL but even more weird is that there are people who rabidly hate it. And even weirder is that people like Code Geass now
>>
>>13715676
I think Gurren Lagann is a pretty cool guy. eh kills baestmen and doesn't afraid of anything...

>>13715680
>liking code geass
I can see how it might be fun if you like watching trainwrecks. That and waifus.
>>
>>13715680
Thought that file was of Rossiu... It is one of the more solidly put together shows I've ever seen. I started/finished it last Saturday, and rewatching some episodes has me thinking that there's very little of anything that doesn't push the story forward.
>>
>>13715680
>And even weirder is that people like Code Geass now
It's like Char's Counterattack if it weren't shit.
>>
>>13715680
>Dont get why there are people who are rabidly into TTGL but even more weird is that there are people who rabidly hate it. And even weirder is that people like Code Geass now

Joke's on you, because I like both shows and always have. There are people who hate both and those will probably be closer to your tastes though.
>>
>>13715676
Pretty lame of them to rip off that scene from Ashita no Joe in order to make people sympathize with Kamina. Other than that, it was okay.
>>
>>13716691
>Pretty lame of them to rip off that scene from Ashita no Joe in order to make people sympathize with Kamina.
It's a really commonly homaged scene, dumbass. Not that I disagree. Characters like Kamina, Gai, Roy, and anyone else who's the "hotblooded idiot friend" type are all poorly-written garbage.
>>
>>13716709
Gai and Roy were also cases of mentors sacrificing themselves, but they weren't copying any other show's scene shot by shot. They deserve more respect.
>>
File: 56887077.jpg (22KB, 483x343px) Image search: [Google]
56887077.jpg
22KB, 483x343px
>>13716531
>if it weren't shit.
>Char actually succeeds in his retarded fucking plan because everyone in the world is stupid but him
>He then dies and we're suppose to feel sad about.
>>
>>13715680
I love Code Geass myself.
>>
>>13716719
>Gai
>sacrificing himself
He was on his way to check up on his Aestivalis, and he got shot in "self-defense" from afar by a group of glorified PMC salarymen. On top of not getting a badass heroic death like he hoped for, his death was played as a very dark joke
>>
>>13716722
Not because everyone was stupid, Char was just wantonly throwing lives at his problem and it just sorta worked out. Without the mind-controlled genocide, he wouldn't have succeeded.
>>
>>13715680
>fun
Here we fucking go again with weak ass defenses
>>
>>13716722
You don't know that Char's plan wouldn't have worked though. Nobody has proven that the Earth wouldn't have recovered and Gundam just leaves the question unanswered. And people still felt sad even though he died bickering with Amuro about Lalah as it stands.
>>
>>13716730
It's a metaphorical sacrifice, not a literal one. Akito still looks back on what Gai taught him.
>>
>>13716737
Fun is the reason mecha anime exist in the first place. Well, that and making money from toys.
>>
>>13716749
He knew Gai for a week, and all they did was stay up and watching Gekiganger
>>
>>13716806
Which becomes increasingly more relevant later in the show.
>>
>>13716755
>Well, that and making money from toys.
Why do people like to make this sound so evil? Anime studios make anime to sell toys so kids can buy (and play with) them.
>>
Rossiu a shit
>>
>>13716820
He starts off alright, then becomes shit.
>>
>>13715680
>weird is that there are people who rabidly hate it
/m/ is full of weirdos. Weirdos and teens tend to hate what is popular and you know /m/ is full of teens and manchildren.
>>
>>13716810
Kamina manages to have a shitload more depth to him than Gai, and if Kamina's outclassing you for depth then you've got problems.
>>
>>13716825
As much as I hated Rossiu, that punch really salvaged him for me.
>>
>>13715676
>Thoughts on this loathsome cunt?
Retarded.
>>
>>13716734

What mind-controlled genocide?

>>13716745

We do though. Earth's ecosystem was unlikely to be destroyed in the first place, just damaged enough to need thousands of years to recover. Even when Earth was pared down to the point people had to eat each other out of desperation people still clung to it though according to G-Reco and managed to eek out a living. It also says that living in space long term didn't turn out to be a good thing and both the people in Turn-A and G-Reco wanted to return to Earth, not leave it.

People didn't advance in to newtypes by living in space en-mass long-term, there was no perfect or even better society, spacenoids still treated each other like shit and had to be separated out in to small but distant colonies that barely interacted to keep peace and living in space sucked shit. Nothing Char wanted to do would have turned out well according to later series.
>>
>>13716737
You realize TTGL aired at like 9am on sundays? Its for babies. Fun is the main qualifier.
>>
>>13716981
For god's sake anyone trying refute this anon's argument, please do not use the
>people eat shit for fun
argument.

Or if you can't find any better argument, provide hard solid proof there are people who eat feces for fun. Not as a fetish, not as a part of a mental unless, but for fun.
>>
>>13715676
I have none.
But anyone who stopped watching the show because they couldn't handle this scene is a chump.
>>
>>13716737
>thinking fun isnt a totally legitimate defense
know how I know you have no IRL friends?
>>
>>13716882
Same here.
>>
>>13716979
>What mind-controlled genocide?
He cast geas on a shit ton of soldiers, and then threw them at the antimatter bombs.
>>
>>13717002
I don't think it's not a legitimate defense; I know it isn't.
>know how I know you have no IRL friends
Because you're a dumbass?
>>
>>13717014
It wasn't a cause and effect thing though. They were already mind controlled long before that happened. No such genocide.
>>
>>13716979
Tomino wasn't really thinking that far ahead when he wrote Char's Counterattack.
>>
>>13717025
He mind-controlled them for the explicit purpose of making them disposable. He wasn't being overdramatic when he told Suzaku he would become a monster.
>>
I used to think TTGL was the shit. I rewatched it recently, and it is nowhere near as badass as I thought it was. I think the charm comes in the form of unexpected humor and plot twists, and if you already know all of them, it's just kind of bland. Same for Gayass(You were all thinking it), KLK, Fooly Cooly, most of Gundam, Evangelion, etc.

Basically, when it was new, it was good, but now it's blended in with the rest of the putrid pile of cranked out anime. You just don't encounter any new thoughts or plots anymore, and THAT's why people get pissy about certain series, not that they actually hate it, just that it bores them and they can't figure out why, so they make a reason up. It's just the shaky bridge effect.
>>
>>13717063
Which is honestly why I like Eureka 7 so much. It kowtows to the memes of anime, but at the same time, has the plot undergo regression of aggression, instead of building up the character to be the ultimate fighting machine. The series also makes several jabs about social norms and pointless bigotry. The characters and plot are as recycled as any other, but the blend sits well with me, like wasabi and ginger potato chips. That and waifus.
>>
File: 1343017341011.jpg (217KB, 1140x850px) Image search: [Google]
1343017341011.jpg
217KB, 1140x850px
>>13717063
>that whole first paragraph
Anon, are you stupid?

>>13717088
Gas the colonies, space war now.
>>
>>13717088
Fuck AO though. That series was truly trash, and blatantly ignored what the original series established, and also basically acknowledged that AO wasn't canon and nothing happened. Waste. Of. Time. The robot designs were also lame by comparison.
>>
>>13717093
Not stupid, just eternally short on sleep. And what, I'm stupid for acknowledging what has been publically accepted for 15 years? I have to heavily pre-review any anime that comes out, so that I can be confident I won't be bored and waste my time. *cough* CGR2
>>
>>13717063
> the charm comes in the form of unexpected humor and plot twists

Are we thinking of the same show? Other than Kamina dying that soon, I had everything pegged down pretty early on. It's not like the protags ever lose. Lordgenome's warning had me immediately thinking "He was keeping Earth undercover from aliens or some shit."
>>
>>13717129
No, plot twists like the leading personality not being the main character, especially since the episode previews lead you to believe he is, Buta being the true hero, Nina being the Antispiral antenna, Viral not actually being a jackass, Yoko becoming a sexy teacher type, and the true star of the show, Leeron. Just, Leeron.
>>
File: Spike.jpg (32KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Spike.jpg
32KB, 640x427px
>>13717111
>And what, I'm stupid for acknowledging what has been publically accepted for 15 years?
By fucking who? The novelty isn't why those series are great. FLCL is super energetic, has obscenely good animation, and explores its themes well. You don't lose anything in re-watching it because there's very little else like it. KLK wasn't even bad because it's samey, it's bad because it meandered worse than Tristram Shandy and tried too hard to be TTGL. Moreover, your whole argument relies on the fact that "I think the charm comes in the form of unexpected humor and plot twists, and if you already know all of them, it's just kind of bland." applies to literally every piece of media ever. Your post is so inarguably retarded I can not believe that you would post it in good faith.
>I have to heavily pre-review any anime that comes out, so that I can be confident I won't be bored and waste my time.
Or instead of listening to stupid people and their opinions, you could form your own.
>*cough* CGR2
>*cough*
Fucking kill yourself goddamn.
>>
>>13717048
He was an usurper and needed troops who wouldn't be disloyal. They are no more disposable than loyal soldiers would be in WWI or WWII for instance.
>>
TTGL is /v/-tier normie trash. Always was.
>>
>>13717150
>No, plot twists like the leading personality not being the main character,
"TTGL was my first TV series ever, and I am incapable of recognizing the "mentor" archetype; as well as the explicitly defined main character
>especially since the episode previews lead you to believe he is,
There was never a single point where the next episode previews would have led you to believe this.
>Buta being the true hero,
He wasn't, also that scene marred a really good episode.
>Nina being the Antispiral antenna,
おめでとう! Your only valid argument for a plot twist.
>Viral not actually being a jackass,
"I equate character development with plot twists"
>>
>>13717063
> I think the charm comes in the form of unexpected humor and plot twists, and if you already know all of them, it's just kind of bland.
Might as well say that about every single anime after you've already seen it then.

>Same for Gayass(You were all thinking it),
You mean all 12 year olds were thinking it.

>KLK, Fooly Cooly, most of Gundam, Evangelion, etc.
See my first comment.
>>
>>13717153
Excuse me while I newfag. Anyway, FLCL has decent animation, but recycles frames a lot, I will give you that it explores themes. I do go back and rewatch occasionally, but even then only the first and the last 2 episodes. KLK was Sonic Adventure 2, with some fun character interaction, and what the fuck do you think samey is, don't say it's not and then counter yourself two commas later. Plot twists can be enjoyable later still, but not if that's the only driving force of the series, as it is with TTGL, Geass, etc. Good faith nothing, I post em likes I sees em. Cough.
>>
>>13717162
He didn't have the right to throw them at the antimatter bombs like that. There was a point where he was just disposing of troops.
>>
>>13717111
Wow this is a cancerous post.
This is a cancerous person.

It's gonna be another rough year, isn't it?
>>
>>13717164
Not next episodes preview. Current episode preview. "This is the story of a man" etc.
And really, Viral never develops. He gets the shit kicked out of him and cowers like a dog. His only development comes in getting pissed off that the guy who beat him ends up pussing out.
>>
>>13717111
>Not stupid, just eternally short on sleep. And what, I'm stupid for acknowledging what has been publically accepted for 15 years?
More like what all jaded hipsters think. Doesn't mean you're right though.

>I have to heavily pre-review any anime that comes out, so that I can be confident I won't be bored and waste my time. *cough* CGR2
Whatever you say man. I think you must be far more bored and wasting your time by typing all this nonsense though.
>>
>>13717167
What would you have done then? Something needed to be done.
>>
>>13717166
>KLK was Sonic Adventure 2, with some fun character interaction, and what the fuck do you think samey is, don't say it's not and then counter yourself two commas later.
Holy goddamn how are you this fucking stupid
>It tried too hard to be like TTGL
To a person with a functioning brain, this means "it failed." It wanted to be like TTGL, but it wasn't. Holy fuck I wish this board had mods because the underage shitposting is seriously getting out of hand.
>Plot twists can be enjoyable later still, but not if that's the only driving force of the series, as it is with TTGL, Geass, etc.
TTGL has one single plot twist, and it's just a way to transition the plot. It doesn't rely on plot twists if there is only one plot twist.
>>
>>13717176
Well duh, I'm on 4chan. Mainly because people are getting all hyped up about One Punch and other not as good as they think anime, and I'm killing the time until I have to get off my ass and go to work.
>>
>>13717166
>Anyway, FLCL has decent animation, but recycles frames a lot
Oh for heaven's sake, you're really doing it.
> KLK was Sonic Adventure 2
Forgive me while I facepalm.
>Plot twists can be enjoyable later still, but not if that's the only driving force of the series, as it is with TTGL, Geass, etc.
At this point I should really pity you, but I can't.
>>
>>13717188
I've watxhed twice as much anime from every decade as you, and I can confirm OPM is great.

Checkmate, faggot.
>>
>>13717188
Let me guess, you're another ONE PUNCH MAN IS OVERRATED, RAR! dude, right?
>>
>>13717187
>>13717169
Whatever you want to think, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you. But everything you think is new and engaging isn't, and my favorite anime is one you've probably never heard of, because most people haven't. Peace, the jaded underage hipster that you've managed to build a full profile of because of his opinions on generic grade anime.

P.S. If I'm not getting through yet, then keep on falsely accusing.
>>
>>13717174
>Not next episodes preview. Current episode preview. "This is the story of a man" etc.
That never implied that Kamina was the main character. How eould you even think that? Through the entire first episode, Kamina acts as Simon's self-appointed sidekick. The scene where he doesn't is when he's trying to break out of the village, and immediately afterwards he goes back to being the protective older brother. He's the one who tells Simon to get in the robot, and he's the one who tells Simon that he has to be the main character. Simon isn't just the first (and most important) mech's pilot, either. He's the first character we see and the series starts with his musings.
>And really, Viral never develops. He gets the shit kicked out of him and cowers like a dog. His only development comes in getting pissed off that the guy who beat him ends up pussing out.
I'm actually kind of impressed that something like TTGL was 2deep4u
>>
>>13717187
TTGL is, I think, more about nigh-endless ridiculous power escalation than twists, but the final effect is still a lot of emphasis on WTF is going to happen next. Once you've seen all the forms of the robots and all the galaxy throwing, it's boring.
>>
>>13717199
Not over rated, just not as exciting as everyone thinks. I even got a kick out of it with my shriveled blackened heart. For the first couple episodes.
>>
>>13717210
Might as well admit you're a Golden Age fallacy faggot who thinks everything from yesterday was great and perfect.
>>
>>13717210
>My favorite anime is pretty obscure and you've never heard of it, and if you have it actually sucks and I hate it.

Wooooooooooowwwie.
>>
>>13717213
Yeah that. It just made more sense to call it a twist than to call it the Dragonball Effect.
>>
>>13717213
That's what I thought about SvN, but I still watch that every once in a while.
>>
>>13717214
Excitement is not an objective measure of anything. The most boring thing you've ever seen can and probably does excite someone else and vice versa.
>>
>>13717216
Except I don't like a lot of the Golden Age stuff either. I'm not an anime fan, I'm a fan of specific series. Same as I like certain video games, but I don't consider myself a gamer, since most of them just don't interest me.
>>
>>13717210
>But everything you think is new and engaging isn't, and my favorite anime is one you've probably never heard of, because most people haven't.
I swear to god, if you're the underageb& who's been posting the "TTGL, LotGH, Giant Robo bad; Onee-sama e, Rose of Versailles good" image on /a/ I'm not going to do anything because there's nothing to do, but know that I hate you.
>>
>>13717229
Jesus Christ, you are the walking incarnation of the hipster stereotype. Do you wear thick rimmed glasses and a sleeveless vest, too?
>>
>>13717223
Which is why I'm saying all of those series bore me, not that they are total garbage. There are few series I attach that title to, usually pointless sequels made only to cater to fans.
>>
>>13717237
They don't make them in my size, or I would, just to piss off people like you. Unfortunately, a 44" chest and a 6'3" height is hard to find anything for, especially when combined with my 23" skull.
>>
>>13717236
What the fuck is onee-same e, rose of versailles? Sounds like one of those Shakespeare anime things.
>>
>>13717253
Never seen Onee-sama e but Rose of Versailles is one of the most well-known manga series ever. The anime is pretty gay though.
>>
>>13717236
>>13717237
The problem now is that I can't tell if you're responding seriously to blatant sarcasm, or perpetuating the joke.
>>
>>13717256
PSA: Gay things are not bad. Watch Yuri Kuma Arashi.
>>
>>13717150
>leading personality not being the main character
Simon's featured a lot more than Kamina in the op, the show starts out with Simon and is placed in his shoes right away...
>Buta being the true hero, Nina being the Antispiral antenna
Asspulls =! twists to be impressed by. Knowing that doesn't change how you view them in earlier episodes
>Viral not actually being a jackass
It isn't a twist if the character's developing to that point over the entire series.
>>
>>13716749
You're kind of missing the point of the character/scene.

Gai's death was pointless by design.
That's the joke/message. Not everyone gets the big, heroic sendoff. Not everyone gives their lives for the greater good. Sometimes, you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Christ, the show isn't even that subtle with the message. How is it so many people still miss it?
>>
>>13715676
>loathsome cunt
Okay anons, which of you taught Shrimpy the "C" word?
>>
File: rossiu.jpg (434KB, 956x3381px) Image search: [Google]
rossiu.jpg
434KB, 956x3381px
>>13716820
>>
>>13715676

He is a child abuse enabler violent caveman who is pro anti-thinking and shouts a lot. He mentally scarred for life his kid and thats why Simon never become as good as mamoru
>>
>>13715676
Only thing that made the show any good. Other than the last episode or two it's garbage after he dies.
>>
>>13717922
Thanks Shrimpy.
>>
>>13715676
Ashita no Joe is not /m/
>>
>>13717922
Don't forget he literally raped Yoko and raped Simon by letting him see it happen, after he'd already made Simon penetrate him without consent.
>>
>>13715676
Clawshrimpy's been banned for a while, so I can't get angry at him for that, but I CAN get angry at him for dropping off the face of the goddamn earth after realizing Dagwon was actually a manly show and not TOTALLY GAY GUYS.
>>
>>13719777
Getting one less crap 90s SR show subbed is truly such a lamentable loss, am I right?
>>
Can we get a motion to un-ban Clawshrimpy?
Honestly, his genuine sperging would be a breath of fresh air compared to the stagnant, low-effort shitposting /m/ gets nowadays.
>>
>>13719800
It is a horrible loss and if you are a mecha fan you should feel that. It doesn't matter if a show is good or bad, it at least deserves subtitles.
>>
>>13717256
I'm the opposite of this guy, I've seen Onee-sama ee but not RoV

Dezaki directed it as well

watching Onee-sama ee made me feel unclean
>>
>>13715676

Ashita no Joe is /m/ now?
>>
>>13717063
>I think the charm comes in the form of unexpected humor and plot twists, and if you already know all of them, it's just kind of bland. Same for Gayass
Please don't speak for us
>>
>>13720014
What else would you expect from a tennis anime?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 308x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 308x531px
>>13717199
>OPM

Not on my /m/, nigger
>>>/Reddit/
>>
Why does /m/ hate clawsgrumpy again?

He stood up for Kotetsushin Jeeg against the TTGLfag in/v/aders. That has to count for something
>>
>>13727994
Only because of his own irrational hate for TTGL. Also
>CGI Shin Jeeg
Bravo la famiglia
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.