[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quick question on preference: fenice or fenice R, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: fenice comparison.jpg (135KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
fenice comparison.jpg
135KB, 800x820px
quick question on preference:

fenice or fenice R, and why?
>>
Fenice R, it is basically Ebikawa's take on Wing Gundam.
>>
Fenice, just 'cause it's a bit more distinctive, being the "repeatedly beat up and patched together" machine. It's also the one that had all the memorable scenes in the anime. I like Rinascita as well, I think it's a cool variant of Wing, but for me personally the original Fenice is more fun.
>>
File: Gundam_Fenice_Rinascita_Alba.png (679KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Fenice_Rinascita_Alba.png
679KB, 800x1008px
>>13715243
Alba.
>>
The Fenice is better because it's actually trying to be somewhat original.

Fenice Rinascita just looks like some edgelord mimicking the stupid trend of making Gundams with no face vents.
>>
Fenice because asymmetry gets me a certain kind of way.
>>
File: renascita.jpg (100KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
renascita.jpg
100KB, 720x480px
>>13715243
Regular Fenice, because it doesn't have that stupid block preventing the weapon from going into the hand all the way without anime magic.

I still like both though.
>>
I think I like the aesthetics of Rinascita better, but ultimately I prefer the original because I was able to form a strong connection to it through Fellini.
>>
Rinascita's the cooler design to me, though I wish we'd had time for it to get a rematch when the original Fenice already fought Star Build Strike to as close to a draw as physically possible.
>>
Regular Fenice has more originality, a clear theme, and I am a massive faggot for asymmetry so there is that going for it too.

Rinascita looks more like a Asian GBWC entry version of the wing gundam.
>>
>>13715243
I myself prefer the regular fenice i was surprised by the asymmetrical design, which i usually don't like, but it reminds me more of being battle scarred only thing i would've liked better if the original fenice still had a shield

i did love the rinascita look as well tho
>>
File: THEFEELZ.jpg (569KB, 684x5000px) Image search: [Google]
THEFEELZ.jpg
569KB, 684x5000px
Fenice, forever and always.
>>
File: sad robocop.gif (2MB, 331x240px) Image search: [Google]
sad robocop.gif
2MB, 331x240px
>>13715402

the best.
>>
Why didn't Fellini just use the head vulcans when he let himself get stabbed instead of trying to blow himself up?
>>
>>13715243
Fenice for asymetry. R is rather generic.
>>
>tfw in the end the strongest gunpla were because they exploited the particles that let them move in some way
Gunpla was better when builders didn't cheat.
>>
>>13716254
This.

Also, R is too Obari

Not everyone is a fan of Obari you know
>>
File: 071.jpg (223KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
071.jpg
223KB, 1200x1697px
Plamo wise I like Rinascita more because Ebikawa implemented locking tabs to secure the bird mode.
>>
>>13716260

> being intelligent enough to be able to take advantage of a part of the system
> cheating

It's an evolution of the sport and nothing more. Older builders didn't lose because they weren't willing to cheat, they lost because they weren't willing to learn how to do the same thing and wanted to stick with what they'd always known. Which is silly.
>>
>>13716321
I don't know about you, but I don't want to watch a video game where people play competitively with console commands on.
>>
>>13716331
That's a piss poor comparison.
>>
>>13716331

It's more like watching an FPS game where people figured out that you can move faster using rocket jumps or sidehops or what have you and a load of older players refused to do it because they'd never had to do it before.
>>
>>13716334
Tell that to Nils "if you touch me you explode" Nielsen.
>>
Fenice since it looks original.
>>
>>13716331
Less console commands and more of an exploit. Kind of like if you realized that jumping reduces damage you take by 50% because of some game mechanic so almost everyone is just spamming the jump key constantly. Except for the handful of old players who refuse to do so because "it's cheating".
>>
>>13716347
He was "If I touch you, you explode". From what we saw he could only do that move through his palms.
>>
>>13715243
Fenice all the way
>>
The one on the left has cooler wings.
>>
Fenice for me.

Also, on the subject, the Rinascita isn't even a Wing Gundam since it doesn't use it's name.
>>
Fenice. It might look more basic but the history behind it and dat asymmetry make it something that I could really connect with. I wish we could have had something like that in Try. Hopefully the next one will fix that.
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png (189KB, 2000x1143px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
189KB, 2000x1143px
>>13716580
>Fenice has 2 wings on one side
>Left-facing bird also has 2 wings on one side of the Mexican flag.
Such subtle detail.
>>
>>13715243
Fenice because desu desu desu.
>>
>>13716680
Italy though.
>>
The only correct answer is Rinascita modded to have Fenice's asymmetry.
>>
I don't like the Rinascita's shield and how, in the end, it's basically just a Wing Gundam.

The Fenice is a Wing Gundam but completely different to the point where it actually feels like some dude's custom machine repaired and rebuilt over years. It doesn't transform and instead has all these little gimmicks and added weaponry built in, and it's truly like an extension of its pilot.

Fenice-R is literally a Wing Gundam variant. It looks cool but it lacks the soul.
>>
>>13716740
>The thing designed so it shares absolutely zero parts with the Wing Gundam is a variant.
>The thing that is literally half Wing Gundam is completely different.

ok
>>
>>13716696
Then why does Fellini address girls as "senorita"?
>>
>>13716747

Japan doesn't know the difference.
>>
Rinascita (and Alba in particular) was designed to literally be the Wing Custom that never existed, so it's pretty cool in my book.

Also random fact from Ebikawa's recent artbook: the Fenice had three possible color schemes. "Opposite of Wing Gundam", "Italian soccer team", "Italian flag".

The editor chose wisely.
>>
>>13716752
Dago, spic, same difference really.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.