[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened right before this scene? Did the writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: char .gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
char .gif
2MB, 500x375px
What the fuck happened right before this scene?

Did the writers yet to fully flesh out the idea that Char was going to become some sort of George Washington figure for the spacenoids?

Here he starts taking popshots at random elderly spacenoid refugees.

Then he sort of ducks behind the dune like "oh shit, i forgot what i was doing there for a second, time to retreat"
>>
>>13708243
>char acts like an opportunistic asshole with no particular loyalty to anybody
woah this is crazy
>>
>>13708251

well i kind of saw him as wanting to take up his father's mantle of taking up the cause of the people of space

taking down the zabi dictatorship coincided with his father's ideals AND taking revenge for the murder of Zeon Daikun, but even after that char seemed to always be on the side of the colonists, even if he went apeshit at the end and decided to drop meteors onto earth
>>
>>13708243
Mmmmmm

It's almost as if......

Casval.....

had to act like loyal soldier......

of Zeon.....

in order.....

to keep his identity a secret................................
>>
>>13708419

Then couldn't he have shot the uniformed military personnel and not the random old people?
>>
>>13708430
Of course not. Zeon are evil supervillains, no matter what the internet says.
>>
>>13708430
An enemy is an enemy
>>
File: Side_6_Convenience.jpg (70KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Side_6_Convenience.jpg
70KB, 720x480px
>>13708283
>but even after that char seemed to always be on the side of the colonists

Yeah, that's why he had no qualms about working for Zeon WHILE they were slaughtering billions of colonists left and right, right? Or threatening Side 6 with the same fate because Cameron was getting pissy at him, right?
>>
really Zeta Gundam's depiction of Char was somehting they pulled out of their ass to shake up the plot. its the same heavy handed shit where they put GM chest vents on a Zaku to show that the Federation have become the "bad guys".

in the US, CCA was shown on Toonami as though it was a direct sequel to MSG and no one even batted an eye at char's behavior, theres a reason for that.
>>
>>13708519
Retard
>>
>>13708526

but the AHRC only delivers on the weekends
>>
>>13708519
>oh fuck that new show has transforming shit and a blonde sempai what do we do
>transforming gundam and char is the sempai
>>
>>13708980

what show was Zeta going up against again?
>>
>>13708519
Feddie detected.
>>
>>13709006
Muh cross.
>>
>>13709125

but makurass blowed.

blowsuperior'd that is.
>>
>>13708980
>blonde sempai

I suppose now's a bad time to remind that the creators of Macross openly admitted Roy Focker was inspired by Slegger, huh?
>>
>>13709318
but sleggar was dead so they couldn't bring him back
>>
>>13709318
>Roy Focker was inspired by Slegger
Seriously? They're similar, but Slegger felt like a guest star who wouldn't go the hell away.
>>
He probably didn't know they were civilians.
>>
>>13709662

Yeah, random bodies obscured by sand coming from the enemy ship are most likely enemy soldiers.

Char didn't care about his fathers ideals until he met Lalah anyways, before that it was all about revenge.
>>
>>13708419
No one was watching, though. He just capped some old people in the middle of the desert for no real reason.
"Oh, hey! Old people!"
POP! POP! POP!
"am outside ur white base killin ur doodz!"
and then he ran away
>>
>>13709147
>blowsuperior'd
I recognize that ol' lullaby!
>>13709630
Macross began pre-production as a parody of Gundam before the producers decided they had a shot at making their own serious show. Roy's name is even a pun. Roy = King (as in "Royal") and Fokker means "flyer". See also: Max Jenius.
>>
>>13709630
What kind of guest star makes Bright look like a pacifist?
>>
>>13709674
They can be anybody.
>I see parachutes above the field.
>But the people are wearing civilian clothes
>ah, maybe they're just decided to go parachuting while the war is going on.
>>
>>13709848
Don Knotts?
>>
File: don knotzable.png (302KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
don knotzable.png
302KB, 640x480px
>>13710690
>Don Knotts?
>>
>>13710726
Read it in his voice, goddammit.
>>
>>13710765
I was debating digging up a copy and faking "convenient for Mayberry" but that's probably too much effort
>>
>>13710778
Well, Andy, I'm gonna go over to Mount Pilot and fight the Gundam!
>>
>>13710726
Is Scooby Doo going to to show up too and with the White Base gang, they're going to solve the mystery of the haunted Texas Colony?
>>
File: char burger.png (176KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
char burger.png
176KB, 498x374px
>>13713171
It was a man in a mask.
>>
>>13708283
>well i kind of saw him as wanting to take up his father's mantle of taking up the cause of the people of space
Char literally couldn't give less of a fuck about any of that shit, he's really just an empty shell whose only purpose is revenge.
>>
>>13713184
He would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling newtypes.
>>
>>13713171
>>13713062
thinking about this more there might be some potential in the various cartoon guest-stars over the years for shoopery.
>>
>>13709630

They are like literally the same dude, except Sleggar has a slightly more believable death. Fokker's death makes no sense outside of "Okay this dude has to die now to shake the MC's confidence and force him to grow as a person"
>>
File: rV4scfcl.png.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rV4scfcl.png.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>13713196
And that DOG.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.