[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus on Ghost? It must be somewhat popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

What's the consensus on Ghost?

It must be somewhat popular to have 11 volumes, but there's no scanlating love.
>>
Things do not have to be popular to have 11 volumes.
>>
>>13707367
Well since there's hardly any scans I can't really tell you if it's shit or not.
>>
>>13707367
Don't know about consensus, but despite some rather bland, empty-looking Hasegawa art, my heart yearns for more scanlations. The story seemed pretty interesting, even if I'm not sure I like the new explanations of just what the Angel Halo is, and I love Curtis Rothko. The whole false identity thing, and the way Belle doesn't know her true parentage. All these tragic repercussions of the Jupiter War and the Thunderbolt of Zeus, seems grippingly bittersweet.
>>
File: Rear Shrike Corp Girls.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Rear Shrike Corp Girls.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
It's basically The Force Awakens of Crossbone, in that the linear plot is basically copy-paste, the past student is now the teacher, more retarded out-of-nowhere villian empires, and more UC nostalgia spamming. The mech designs also somehow started from great to godawful, with Phantom Gundam being pretty awesome until they halfassed it and slapped an MA mode on him at the last minute. All in all, I actually don't like this series that much if it were not for the Shrikes.

tl;dr: It's another guilty-pleasure by Hasegawa.
>>
>>13707371
They also can be popular and ridiculously long-running, but also have a complete lack of any and all scans. See: SEED Astray. They don't even need to translate that shit. Its already been done officially. And yet it's nowhere on the internet.
>>
>>13707367
Beyond retarded enemy MS and villains.

Hit-or-miss character designs.
>>
>>13707385
Explain the new angel halo thing
>>
>>13707385
>>13707391
I thought it was interesting (and ballsy) that Hasegawa wanted to get close to the Victory side of UC. That's mostly why I want more.
>>
>>13707406
This litterally no one has touched that.

At least he isn't like everyone else rehashing 0079-0100. And this is coming from an early UC Fag. (Granted I'm a late UC fag as well but whatever.)
>>
>>13707405
The Angel Halo was originally a project commissioned by Tetenith Dogatie's government, meant as a space colony that could help connect the Jupiter and Earth Spheres. I'm okay with that so far. But I think Tobia also mentioned that the Newtype-weapon aspect was included in this plan as a defensive measure, which seems like a weird thing for "the good guys" to consider.

More importantly, Kagatie's Angel Halo was never meant to neutralize the Earth Federation alone. It was meant to temporarily disarm the Earth so that Zanscare could unleash a deadly extraterrestrial microbe, called "Angel's Call". I think Angel's Call is interesting, especially the way it's introduced, but I don't like the way it retroactively makes the Angel Halo itself less of a threat. As if we're to look back at V and say, "Oh, well, it wouldn't have been so bad if the League Militaire failed to destroy the Halo, because the Crossbone guys were taking care of Angel's Call by that time."

Another thing which bummed me out, unrelated to the Angel Halo, is how the Zabi castle gets damaged in a battle with a mobile suit version of Freddie Krueger. I always wanted to see the Zabi castle used as an action set piece, but not like that. Not like that.

>>13707406
That's the main draw for me as well. I'd love to see the Victory settings and characters get fleshed out.
>>
>>13707439
Ok, just reading about that, it doesn't seem like the protagonists of V get short changed all that much. Angel Halo was still ridiculously threatening and would have turned the minds of the people on Earth to the quality of paste if it hit, its just that they then intended on finishing the job. So while the V guys GALAXY WITH YOU and manage to stop the entire Earth going full retard - speaking of that whole event though, did it annoy anyone else that it's only AFTER the old folks suicide their battleship that Shakti finally tries to make the Angel Halo stop broadcasting death psychic waves? Always pissed me off, that it literally happens MOMENTS after they sacrifice themselves to stop it - the Crossbone people stop a virus that would have killed everyone.

Maybe it's just because I haven't read it though.
>>
Does the manga reveal what connections Fonse Kagatie has with the empire? I always thought that was one of the more interesting hidden plot connections between V and Crossbone that's never really elaborated upon.
>>
It's like all the other Crossbones past the first, a decent fundamental idea ruined by Hasegawa's art and shitty excesses.

Also some really dumb shit.

>I FIGHT THROUGH ECHOLOCATION
>IN SPACE
>>
>>13708752
>I FIGHT THROUGH ECHOLOCATION
>IN SPACE
FUCK YEAH
can't really say much about Ghost since we don't ave much scans, save some really weird suit designs and attacks: fuck one of them sucks the blood out of the enemy pilots, wat the fuck
>>
>>13707367
>no scanlating love
The thing is, Deacon only scanlates series if they keep him interested long enough. On the bright side, Nozaku could pick it up once he's not working on a long runner.

>>13707406
It might be neat if the publishers/execs let him go far enough to reach G-Saviour's time or even Reconguista Century.
>tfw you get to see exactly what people used to do with Kuntala
>>
>>13708851
>G-Saviour

Not enough little girl quotient to interest him.
>>
>>13708874
Not that it would stop him, since he keeps creating little girls in the first place. Besides, he keeps going forward in time.
>>
>>13708752
He's Tobia fucking Arronax, he does what he wants.
>>
Can anyone elaborate on Crossbone Ghost plot so far, especially regarding Seabook? I remember seeing him in a scan awhile back, what does he contribute to the story? Does he come back and kick ass in the F91 again?
>>
He's just there to cameo. It's totally pointless beyond confirming that yes, he and Cecily settled down.
>>
>>13709362
>>13709366
Aren't his sons in the League Militaire?
>>
>>13709366

Thanks
>>
>>13708752
>a decent fundamental idea ruined by Hasegawa's art and shitty excesses
He has some neat ideas, but by god is he completely incapable of translating those into a good story or artwork. How the hell did he ever get a job as a mangaka?

I sort of half wish Fukui would pick up his ideas and run with them to produce something better fleshed out; which in turn would sidestep Fukui's apparent weakness in coming up with decent concepts.
>>
>>13708752
Isn't his device just converting visual data picked up by the Ghost's cameras into auditory feedback for Tobia's ears? Maybe it didn't spell everything out, but that was my assumption.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.