[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>IBO's Mc is a sociopath (at best) >the show tries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 6829722.jpg (107KB, 659x644px) Image search: [Google]
6829722.jpg
107KB, 659x644px
>IBO's Mc is a sociopath (at best)
>the show tries to be edgy in an edgy universe
>we get it... war is bad, children suffer
>the capabilities of the mecha are solely reliant upon the plot and not any sort of consistency
>>
Why do you keep posting demotivators?
>>
As opposed to the numerous other gundam pilots who are just as edgy and mediocre.

He might be a sociopath but I like him far more then some of the MC's I was forced to endure with their pacifist shit.
>>
>>13699579
Demotivators?
>>
>>13699583
It's really sad that you don't know this.
>>
>>13699572
>thread's OP is a faggot (at best)
>the OP tries to be edgy on an edgy board
>we get it... IBO is bad, viewers suffer
>the capabilities of the OP are solely reliant upon shitposting and not any sort of quality
>>
>>13699580
>an overtly anti-war franchise having an anti-war protagonist is bad

Go back to your Getter Robo shit, fuckhead
>>
>>13699647
>>
File: embarrasing.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarrasing.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>13699892
>ROFLBOT
>tumblr
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13699572
Plus space rat vermin
>>
>>13699920
Nobody has laughed and yet you keep posting it.
>>
File: Genderswap SEED doujin.jpg (178KB, 331x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genderswap SEED doujin.jpg
178KB, 331x480px
>>13699572
But Athrun wasn't emotionally unstable until Destiny.

That Demotivational doesn't make sense considering.

Now if Kira was a girl from the start and Athrun obsessing over her, then yes, he would be.
>>
>>13699572
Usso was pretty stable considering the amount of shit he went through. It's a miracle he was even able to fuck all those milfs after seeing his mom get her head torn off.
>>
>>13700012
>Usso
Who?
>>
File: GET OUT.png (200KB, 737x510px) Image search: [Google]
GET OUT.png
200KB, 737x510px
>>13699892
>roflbot
>tumblr
>asdfmemevie
>>
File: 1356567512934.jpg (18KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
1356567512934.jpg
18KB, 283x302px
>>13699572
>hate thread
>>
>>13699949
Why are shoujo artists the biggest lesbians?
>>
>Mc is a sociopath (at best)
>war is bad
>the capabilities of the mecha are solely reliant upon the plot and not any sort of consistency
I'm talking about G-Reco
>>
>>13700220
>sjw comics
>>
>>13699652

> Gundam
> an anti-war franchise

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of bandai advertising glorified weapons of war and investing millions of dollars into lovingly animating them blowing the crap out of each other in an endless cycle of violence. Where 90% of every character we ever get in Gundam works for the military or military-industrial complex, and all of their conflicts are won through massive firepower and strategic victories instead of diplomacy.

The reason Gundam can never escape UV is because Zeon gives japanese nationalists a warboner.

Claiming that Gundam is an anti-war franchise demonstrates a child's understanding of events. All because each show has one or two characters that bemoan war in between murdering people doesn't make their views in any way representative of the franchise's true nature.
>>
>>13699572
Uso was emotionally unstable?
>>
>>13700345
I've no idea but that absolutely predatory look from Athrun and Yzak is hilarious.

Too bad half the SEED doujins whose covers have been posted across older sites never got scanned. I know there were more Yaoi, Genderswap, and Yuri SEED doujins (good and bad) that would have been worthwhile to read for shits and giggles.
>>
>>13699572
At least we have Thunderbolt.

UC saving the day again.
>>
>>13699601

really? I consider him the lucky one. I wish I could forget more than HALF this shit
>>
>>13702271
>It can't be anti-war because it shows people fighting

You're an idiot.
>>
>>13702281
>turns down hot /ss/ all the time
>casually murders people in normal, noting that he doesn't even have to use ammo to kill them
>implying that implies stability
Even Amuro had the humanity to not shoot at actual people. Zakus he could shoot just fine, but a person? No, Amuro would never murder a person.
>>
>>13703124

It really is kind of hard to see it as an anti war device when there's all these insanely cool robots

0080 was the best at showing this and it had like 3 fights
>>
>>13702271
>>13703253
Gundam is essentially 'babby's first "war is bad mmmkay"' experience.

Ace Combat 5 had a similar problem. Your wingmen would constantly complain about how bad and awful war is, only to shout out "Nice kill!" five seconds later when you shoot down an entire squadron.
>>
>>13703233
Except that episode he shot a Zeon soldier in person and facefucked his barely defended base without orders.
>>
>>13700190
>He doesn't know Usso/Uso Ebin/Evin/Ewin/Ewing/Ebbing
>Savior of mankind
>2nd Coming of Amuro
>>
>>13699572
>IBO Hate Thread
The only memorable character in that show is a fat man
>>
>>13703124

It doesn't just show people fighting. There are episodes of pokemon that show people fighting.

Gundam is about war, and always has been. Gundam NEEDS war to make up more excuses for itself to exist. Mobilesuits are weapons of war, so in order to advertise a new wave of Gunpla bandai needs to fabricate a new war to make them show up and do awesome things in.

Without war, Gundam cannot exist.

Gundam, by its nature, can never be anti-war. Especially since, in each and every show except war in the pocket, violence solves their problems every time.

Sure, maybe for some reason its a bittersweet victory. But Kamille didn't end up emotionally fucked up by the horrors of being forced to be a child soldier in a space war because he did something really stupid and got his parents killed. Kamille only ended up a retard because of previously undisclosed mindrape death curse powers after fighting a climactic battle against a one of a kind super robot enemy that you can buy toys of.
>>
>>13703512
It's a perfectly reasonable observation to say that Gundam undercuts its own political message through the necessities of merchandising and maintaining its audience, but it's silly to deny that most Gundam shows set themselves up to be ostensibly anti-war.

Gundam will never be an effective piece of anti-war literature because it's too busy fetishizing war, but it does try.
>>
>>13699572
But we have a delicious brown
>>
>>13703343
>Ace Combat 5 had a similar problem. Your wingmen would constantly complain about how bad and awful war is, only to shout out "Nice kill!" five seconds later when you shoot down an entire squadron.

plus it's just really really fun and Kei Nagase is a QT
>>
Did IBO not air this week?
>>
>>13704672
It's back next week.
>>
>>13702271

It's antiwar but pro pilot. A true anti war gundam will be something that makes the pilots as unsympathetic as the war. Think if Sven never met Selene and you got an idea of what a true a anti war franchise is like.

TL;DR: You can be anti war but still show the character fighting as something right. Think American Sniper and Blackhawk Down.
>>
>>13699572
The song for the ED is really nice though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFePAxkBhIo
>>
>>13699572
Domon in G Gundam wasn't emotionally unstable.
>>
>>13709009
G Gundam wasn't real.

You imagined it anon
>>
>>13709021
No wonder it was so good.
>>
>>13709032
An entire generation of Gundam fans in the west had a shared hallucination that they call G Gundam
>>
File: 3333.png (211KB, 300x472px) Image search: [Google]
3333.png
211KB, 300x472px
>>13709021
Come on, it had one of the best Gundam designs in history.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.