[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gundam thunderbolt episode 1 was really really good loved everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 23

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
gundam thunderbolt episode 1 was really really good

loved everything from the music, the art direction, the writing, and especially the atmosphere

what was the initial reaction from /m/ when it premiered? anyone else looking forward to the next episode?
>>
>>13699083
nobody liked how short it was.

everyone generally praised the animation and atmosphere.

usual zeonwank bitching from vapid retards

pretty much what you'd expect
>>
>>13699083
Shitty characters, shitty rehashed UC plot, shitty taste in music, great visuals.
>>
It has a good style and the music is great playing nicely into the atmosphere and rivalry. Direction was very good and the writing was snappy at points which made up for the characters and story being a bit nothing

Kind of feels like an extended IGLOO for better and worse
>>
>>13699105

>usual zeonwank bitching from vapid retards

Other way around. Bitching is mostly from zeeks getting all triggered at the Feddie MC being an asshole

Which is funny, since he's like the opposite of the timid and sensitive UNDERSTANDING type like Jesus Yamato or Kio Asuno, which /m/ generally hates
>>
>>13699105
>everyone generally praised the animation and atmosphere.
No they didn't
>>
>>13699203
>Kio
>Timid

someone didn't watch AGE.
>>
File: 1443353742256.png (448KB, 599x496px) Image search: [Google]
1443353742256.png
448KB, 599x496px
>>13699230
>>
IO IS MY HERO AND I WANT 4 MOORE
>>
>>13699083
gundam thunderbolt episode 1 was really really good looking

FTFY
>>
>>13699249

Someone didn't read the whole sentence
>>
File: 1449526483431.png (447KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449526483431.png
447KB, 704x480px
I don't know, how short it is maybe won't make it all that memorable. Maybe when it comes out into it's full hour length, then it might be a interesting watch, but right now, who fucking cares really?
>>
File: Io tells the truth.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Io tells the truth.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>13699149
>shitty taste in music

Despite my earlier complaints about more OYW material, I wouldn't mind seeing more Thunderbolt.
>>
>>13699535
>pilot jettisons from mech, opens enemy's cockpit and caps him in the head
>then steals his mech and peaces out
has this been done before? i thought that was a really fucking cool sequence
>>
File: 1409987012965.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409987012965.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>13699551
>>
Nothing about it is interesting besides the Jazz music shit and even then it was meh at best.

Protagonist is a typical dipshit asshole who gets a hard on when he pilots his gundam.

A sniper not knowing his blind spot and letting an enemy casually open his cockpit and nail him in the head is stupid.

"We need to make the Zeon forces interesting.....how about we make all of them cripples....oh and the only one that matters plays music as well. That way we can contrast it with the main mc. Brilliant."

Whole episodes felt forced and nothing felt natural. Everything looks like it was calculated to go there and thus I wasn't enjoying it that much at all. This is going to be another gundam where people forget about it in a couple of years and say "cool concept, shitty execution".
>>
>>13699575
>Whole episodes felt forced and nothing felt natural. Everything looks like it was calculated to go there and thus I wasn't enjoying it that much at all. This is going to be another gundam where people forget about it in a couple of years and say "cool concept, shitty execution".
This.

Thunderbolt feels more like a toy commercial than Build Fighters.
>>
>>13699575
>Protagonist is a typical dipshit asshole who gets a hard on when he pilots his gundam.

What other Gundam has a "typical dipshit asshole" protagonist? Io sounds rather untypical as far as the spectrum of Gundam protagonists go.

>A sniper not knowing his blind spot and letting an enemy casually open his cockpit and nail him in the head is stupid.
I'm pretty sure they all knew about their blindspot but nobody was expecting a Fed to get that close, much less escape in one of their own units. Also Hoover didn't "let" Io open the cockpit, Hoover opened it to check on the communications cable, and if you don't believe that someone opening the cockpit hatch from the outside is a normal thing since pilots can be incapacitated and need medical attention so those mechanics need a way to open it quickly. Also can't actual real life fighter jet's cockpits be opened from the outside?

Do you really hate this or are you just looking for something to complain about, because IBO is much more fertile for growing complaints.
>>
>>13699605
>because IBO is much more fertile for growing complaints.
You know not everything is a matter of US VS THEM, right dumbass?
>>
>>13699610

Who said anything about THEM, or US? I watch IBO every Sunday, I want it to do well, and every Sunday I'm left mostly disappointed they nothing actually developed from that day's episode so I can see actual complaints about IBO having merit while these just sound like vague write offs "felt forced" "wasn't enjoying it"
>>
>>13699605
well there's sekai, but we don't really have to talk about gbft
>>
>>13699605

>What other Gundam has a "typical dipshit asshole" protagonist?

Call it a preference but I didn't enjoy it. He sounded like a tool at the end.

>I'm pretty sure they all knew about their blindspot but nobody was expecting a Fed to get that close, much less escape in one of their own units.

Yes because when your life is on the line, you don't cover all your basis. It was too easy and I was disappointed that this supposed strong group didn't have countermeasures.

>IBO is much more fertile for growing complaints.

Typical of a Thunderboltfag. Can't keep the discussion on the show and so he has to divert the attention to another anime. Keep the discussion to strictly Thunderbolt you faggot.
>>
>>13699622
Remember when GBFT couldn't even keep a general up by the end? God that show when from such high hopes to nothing

>>13699630
>you don't cover all your basis
They were sniping, in space, in the shoal zone and were having zero problems. Of all the plans in gundam to complain about there's wasn't one
>>
>>13699630

I like Io for being an unapologetic asshole, its different besides there's always Daryl. Thunderbolt does have 2 protagonists.

>cover all your basis
>supposed strong group
I never got the impression the Living Dead Unit was "strong" rather they're even more under-supplied, and under-manned than a typical Zeon unit. Enlighten me, how should they cover all their bases? How do you plan a countermeasure against someone in a normal suit coming in from a blind spot while enemies are still coming at you directly?
>>
>>13699643
>>13699651

Yes because if I write a finely tuned post about what he could have done, I can already imagine the "write your own series' or "no one cares faggot" posts creeping up.

My complaint is there and you guys can try to come up with piddly little responses trying to soften the criticism but at the end of day it was a terrible death. I mean once again it comes back to my complaint about how calculated shit was, they needed death and so they came up with this blindspot crap.
>>
>>13699630
The shoal zone's a fucking death trap even for heavily-armored mobile suits, much less one guy with a jetpack protected only by his normal suit. The snipers were prepared for a military offensive, not Io channeling the spirit of motherfucking M.D. Geist.
>>
>>13699666
>came up
Blindspots aren't real? Stories shouldn't come up with ideas? Especially somewhat inventive ones that gives a reason for character interaction and spurs on motives of other characters?

I don't even get the calculated comment. Are you saying that because the story had logical events that lead up the moment it was bad. You also seem to be so fixed on them pushing in a death thing which is just wrong, they had already shown a lot of death so it isn't like they were just pushing one in to seem edgy. It was just a natural course of action in a war
>>
>>13699666

As opposed to you coming up with piddly responses to make your criticisms more valid? Blindspots are a real thing, how it was executed came off as something that could plausibly happen and be explained within reasonable boundaries. If you wanted to just write it up as plot armor that's fine, but how it was handled was fine while your criticism doesn't hold up.
>>
File: Kek 4.04.02 PM.png (38KB, 239x178px) Image search: [Google]
Kek 4.04.02 PM.png
38KB, 239x178px
The Thunderboltfags are working overtime huh? Amusing is all I will say. I got things to do and so I won't be here all day arguing over anime, feel free to circlejerk the show until I comeback.
>>
>>13699700
lol
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-16-04-00.png (579KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-16-04-00.png
579KB, 1280x720px
Finally get a decent gundam from the last 10 years that isn't about kids, toys, schools, gay faggot shit in general, fujoshit, fan pandering

>4 PART ONA WOW LOL.

Meanwhile orphans that covers all the above and peado pandering gets 24 part series.

Anime is ruined.
Thank god for the back catalogue gems
>>
>>13699866
>Thunberbolt
>decent
Found the 0083 baby.
>>
>>13699083
>what was the initial reaction from /m/ when it premiered?
A bunch of bickering about whether it was 0079 canon or not, whether it was zeonwank or not, and whether or not we really need more OYW stories.
As a jazz guy, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by the choice of music. It's that light-weight nigh-structureless "free jazz" that is a watered down descendant of actual big band jazz. Not quite Kenny G tier, but not far from it. Also the show's jazzman is a complete and total prick, jazz is about being happy and having fun, not being an edgy white devil like Io.
The animation was pretty nice, though.
>>
>>13699203
>timid
>Yamato
lolwut? Kira is EXTREMELY proactive and generally outgoing. He doesn't *hesitate* to kill, he makes a conscious choice to try not to. Being merciful and being timid are two very different things. When people don't back down and go home when the have the chance, Kira charges them at full speed.
>>
>>13699887
>jazz
tell me about your favorites
davis, coltrane, i know you can go on
>>
>>13699887

Ah yes even the fucking Jazz is being critiqued. As if the typical anime fan can name one Jazz musician kek.

People are REALLY nitpicking the fuck out of this show.
>>
>>13699991
The ED wasn't even Jazz and that know-it-all faggot keeps spouting his ignorant shit.
>>
>>13699551
X Gundam and Crossbone Gundam did this before, minus the whole "cap in the head" part.

>>13699575
It's because they cut a lot from the manga. The Zeon forces are cripples for a reason - they're literally leftovers from regular sorties that are useless and have nothing to live for. A scientist who is working on bionics and 1:1 motion capture asks if he can make use of them, so they form the Walking Dead unit.

It's actually pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>13699887
>jazz is about being happy and having fun

lel

99% of all jazz musicians were/are drug-addled alcoholic womanizers who fuck, chuck, build up debt, and flee.
>>
>>13699887
>actual big band jazz
if you said this on /mu/ you would be humiliated
>>
>>13701266
/mu/ doesn't even listen to jazz
>>
The music motif didn't feel awfully invasive to me.
I don't understand why some people have a problem with it.
>>
>>13701305
Because it's literally Xbox Live mic spammers in a "serious" Gundam story.

>LOL WHEN U HERE JAZZ U NO IM COMIN TO RAPE UR ASS NOOB
>>
>>13699991
My all time favorite would have to be Cab Calloway, but Louis Armstrong is right behind him. Earl Hines, Danny Barcelona, Fats Waller, that kind of thing.
>>
>>13701311
You know they actually did shit like that in Vietnam, right?

>lol fuckin Xbox live mic spammers in Nam, blaring music from their attack helicopters
>fucking ruining this "serious" war for the rest of us
>>
>>13701334
Guess which war America didn't win.
>>
>>13701338
Guess which war Io doesn't survive
>>
this is now a jazz thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPP4jrarsYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tFn6YJjn1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAlkSdrO1DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2KgeBkFUcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6m-PVFFYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8

Now you has JAZZ.
>>
Is it me or the jazz at the start sounds a lot like A Night In Tunisia?
>>
>>13702192
>A Night In Tunisia
a lot of animu jazz is production music knock-offs of real jazz
>>
>what was the initial reaction from /m/ when it premiered? anyone else looking forward to the next episode?

The initial reaction was to shit post it by derailing the thread into whether or not Zeta Gundam A New Translation was canon. /m/ is so full of bored retards that they need to shit post about other topics in unrelated threads.
>>
>>13699866
>peado pandering
the guy is only being nice to her because she's a kid he won't actually fuck her
>>
>>13701394
i'm embarrassed for you, that you would post this
>>
File: 9760921516_f04962ccf5_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
9760921516_f04962ccf5_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1361px
>>
File: upage244-245.jpg (329KB, 1456x1102px) Image search: [Google]
upage244-245.jpg
329KB, 1456x1102px
I am so ready for the fight between Psycho and Full Armor.
>>
>>13702869
on this budget, i know it;s gonna be incredible
>>
It's really good, it was Unicorn eps 1 kind of feel all over again
>>
I just like it because I thought it was enjoyable to watch. Not going to over-analyze it. I like it more than IBO and G-Reco so far. I'll give it that.
>>
>>13702895
>I like it more than IBO and G-Reco so far.
Found the retard
>>
>>13702938
Did you catch a glimpse of yourself in the reflection of your monitor?
>>
>>13702938
People like other things anon.
>>
Any clue when the next episode is?
>>
>>13703036
february something
>>
So how much are people going to shitpost when the next OVA is heavily from the Zeon sniper POV and people learn that both the EF pilot and the Zeon pilot are sharing the MC spotlight in this series?
>>
So how long before Io turns into a cry baby pacifist pussy cuck who spends half his screentime going "waaaaah I don't wanna kill people even though I'm a fucking soldier and that's my goddamned job uwwwaaaahhhhhhh" and the other half committing genocide as easily as any normal person draws breath?
>>
>>13703246
Literally never.
This is an endless cycle of revenge to the death.
>>13702607
I'm sorry to hear that you hate fun, anon. Don't worry, though, you'll grow out of it.
>>
Sup IBO shitposters
>>
>>13699630
lol, get called out on your absolutely false info and your only response is "K JUST MY OPINION BUT I DIDN'T LIKE IT."

>>13699083
Largely positive reactions from most of /m/. Most of /m/ is more than happy to see a high budget, decently directed gritty grunt UC side story.

Some negative reactions from autistic shitposters that prefer Gundam be more weird and kiddy than it already is.

Thunderbolt is a love letter to anybody who liked 0080/83/08th MS/IGLOO/etc. Haters tend to be fags that want another Turn A/G-Reco or SEED/00/Wing, probably watch moeblob and harems and in general need their shows to simulate having a cute virgin girlfriend(s).
>>
>>13702938
>preferring underage b& Gundam
the only one missing a chromosome is you my friend
>>
>>13699083
any post saying it "feels like cowboy bebop but with gundam" should automatically be deleted and the poster should be shot.
>>
>>13703240
Anybody that couldn't tell it was a dual protagonist situation from this episode alone is a complete fucking moron. And it is amazing how many of those morons are in this thread.
>>
>>13699551
Ali Al Saachez.
Charles Beams in Eureka 7 also jumped out of his cockpit to point blank shoot a mech with a shotgun which was pretty nifty.
>>
File: Thunderbolt.jpg (108KB, 1225x653px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolt.jpg
108KB, 1225x653px
It was alright. Animation was nice, mood was interesting. I hope the rivalry thing becomes the main focus though, I don't see them being able to pull of much more than that in 4 18 minute episodes.
I will say, while I like the shading style, the art style is just a little too exaggerated for it's own good. Works well for Io, but some character just end up looking weird.
I think it'll be a fun, but overall forgettable romp.
(They made the Gundam intimidating as fuck though, which is awesome. I'd post the whole webm, but it's way too big.)
>>
>>13699551
Good to see that like the Federation, the Zeeks don't put locks on their mobile suits, even when said suits are in use.

And that's why I always lock my car doors when I go for a drive.
>>
Anyone know the names or artists of any of the songs used in the show?
>>
>>13705854
i looked up "patti page - tenessee waltz" but i don't think it's the same song that the zeke pilot talked about

there might also be a song called "short shorts" that he was thinking of but the other guy was talking about nudie mags
>>
>>13699083
It was like, seems good man!
>>
>>13699149
>Shitty characters
Fuck You
>shitty rehashed UC plot
Fuck You
>shitty taste in music
Agreed, free jazz is fucking awful
>great visuals
Fuck You
>>
File: 1.jpg (3KB, 180x101px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3KB, 180x101px
Never ever ask him to do a recon or stealth mission
>>
>>13708361
How can someone be this damn wrong about everything?
>>
>>13704491
I've heard dumber comparisons. The only time something like that made me legitimately mad was my roommate saying Bloodborne "feels like Dishonored but with Souls gameplay"
>>
>>13701265
and an artists work is always 100% representative of them
>>
File: laughing lesbian.jpg (16KB, 250x283px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lesbian.jpg
16KB, 250x283px
>>13708372
I don't know he's a pretty good Naked Snake
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
>>13699083
A guy in a busted up core block could do it, why not just send commando teams floating inside debris pieces to take out the giant robot snipers?
>>
>>13699083
Waiting for subs, personally.
>>
>>13708452
Yeah, fansubbing is dead. There are literally no subs for this - WHAT ARE YOU DOING PEOPLE?! SUB THIS SHIT RIGHT NAO!
>>
>>13708449
Cause it is stupidly far away so even if they tried to just go half way in MS they'd be spotted and attacked. Io doing it himself is to show how he is willing to try crazy plans and can pull stuff like that
>>
>>13708452
you're perfectly welcome to do what you want, but how much different is a subbing group going to be compared to the ones included by bandai in the episode?
>>
>>13708478
Don't know what to tell you fám. I looked for streams when the first ep was released and didn't see any with subs. Just waiting for streams with subs is all.
>>
>>13708488
>>13708456
You have to be at least 18 to browse 4chan.
>>
File: 52splash-supergirl.jpg (33KB, 576x452px) Image search: [Google]
52splash-supergirl.jpg
33KB, 576x452px
>>13708496
>>
>>13708488
the official gundaminfo youtube channel has had subs since day 1
>>
>>13708496
Sometimes I forget that people can't tell if you're pretending on the internet by the tone of your voice
>>
>>13708507
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>13708507
>watching anything on Youtube
Enjoy not seeing 75% of all the actual detail because of shitty bitrate and faux HD
>>
>>13708517
do me a favor and climb a wall of dicks

the matter in question was subtitles, to which i provided a solution.
>>
>>13706357
pretty sure it's an original cover, we'll probably get it with an OST at some point
>>
File: aw mayn.png (272KB, 378x355px) Image search: [Google]
aw mayn.png
272KB, 378x355px
>>13702869
>The Zeeks all listen to fucking J-pop

I mean really
>>
>>13699887
>big band is the "real" jazz
Please, nigga. Please.
>>
>>13699083
Zeek pilot has friends.
Feddie pilot has limbs and better taste in music.

I symphetize with the feddir pilot, since he ain't getting one and is lonely, unlike the zeek guy.

Also, no rape , which the manga ran it without constraint in Front mission manga.
>>
File: Untitled.png (880KB, 771x715px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
880KB, 771x715px
>>13702607
>having this shit taste in music
>>
>>13704491
The only thing Thunderbolt has in common with Cowboy Bebop is that they both have Jazz. Which could just be the former attempting to invoke the latter (they're both made by Sunrise, after all).

At most, Thunderbolt feels like an edgelord trying to mimic Bebop but missing the point, and self-inserting grimdark characters.
>>
>>13710567
io wouldn't like big band you fucking twat
>>
>>13710636
The person who is doing the music for Thunderbolt is a member of Seatbelts
>>
>>13705499
Military equipment typically doesn't have locks on it. Your car has a lock because it's a high value piece of personal property that is often left unsupervised among the general population. Military equipment, while of even higher value, is either in the hands of those using it or repairing it, or is stored (most of the time) securely on guarded installations. If you lose your car keys, it inconveniences you but outside of emergencies, isn't particularly life threatening. if you lose the keys to military equipment, then you have a problem. Also, a car is typically more of a loss to an individual than the loss of military equipment is to a government due to the scale of funds available.
>>
>>13708517
Then just torrent it.
>>
>>13710636
>Jazz
>In Space
>Sunrise
>IT'S COPYING BEBOP

Come off it.
>>
File: page101.jpg (695KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page101.jpg
695KB, 1100x1600px
>>13701256
Actually the anime has cut a lot out of the manga yet since there wasn't actual focus on the Living Dead Division in the first episode. Okay, they did cut or redo a lot of minor things that helped humanize the Zeon soldiers like the Living Dead Community Bus, and the moment between Daryl and his relief was turned into a fan service scene.

Regardless, the soldiers of the Living Dead Division aren't out on the field because they have death wishes, you have to remember Daryl is fighting to give his family a better chance (Because of his service, his family got moved into better housing, his sister could go to school and his father was able to get the medical treatment to save his life.)

Also most soldiers who get crippled want to return to the battle field because they don't want to abandon their comrades who are still fighting. This is pretty common if you look up what happened in the 2nd Iraq War where soldiers were maimed by IEDs and after they recovered, demanded to be redeployed to their units.

Either way, expect this to be explained in the episode 2 since the focus will be on the Living Dead Division. Hopefully they won't make Daryl come off as sulky like they did in the first episode of the anime.
>>
File: rx-78al.jpg (48KB, 185x400px) Image search: [Google]
rx-78al.jpg
48KB, 185x400px
>>13711174
That wasn't me. I actually doublechecked last night and got to see it. I'm not as much a fan of the gritty artistic style, but the characters were interesting, I loved how the setting justified the multiple shields, and the look of terror on the Zeeks faces when they saw Gundam was priceless. It didn't bring me the triple distilled joy and comfy I've grown to expect from IBO, but I eagerly await the next chapter. Personally I'm still a little bummed we aren't going to get to see this sexy little number.
>>
>>13703246
Never he remains an asshole to the end.
>>
>>13699083
I didn't like the Gundam design. The rest was okay. I'll give it a shot for a while.
>>
Watched it, really liked a lot of it. But Io Fleming is annoying. Guy has a total boner for his Gundam when like a dozen of his comrades got killed.

At least Lorenz felt grief even though he didnt like the guy, it felt more realistic.

I guess I'm rooting for the Zeeks in this one.
>>
File: page065.jpg (574KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page065.jpg
574KB, 1100x1600px
>>13715570
Io kills that one sniper up close so all his zeek friends can see as revenge for all his dead friends. Shame they cut this line
>>
File: page070-071.jpg (995KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page070-071.jpg
995KB, 1694x1200px
>>13703246
The last thing he does at the end of this part is kill a whole bunch of zeeks
>>
>>13715687
What even more funny is there were debating over if they should release the Federation prisoners on the ship so they could have a chance to escape as well since the ship was scuttled.
>>
>>13699551
Judau almost did it in ZZ against Illias.
>>
>>13715746
One guy asks what they should do with the feddies and is immediately shut down. Not really a debate man.
>>
>>13715570
>>13715682

looks like the thunderbolt ova will be pandering to zeekfags if they cut out important lines from Io to make him not seem like a complete douchebag.
>>
>>13716912
they kinda failed, I mean he didnt really need to say that, the Zeeks looked like douche bags in that whole sequence mowing down dozens of federation mobile suits with no possibility of reprisal while laughing it up about music. Then they get super butt hurt when the one lone feddie survivor manages to kill one of their comrades, and Im supposed to feel like hes the asshole..
>>
File: page067.jpg (394KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page067.jpg
394KB, 1100x1600px
>>13717115
>Snipers are douchebags for doing their job and defending their territory from an enemy attack
>They suddenly panic when not only one of their teammate's positions get compromised, but the pilot get killed and his suit gets jacked, all the while the person who did it is taunting them.
>This means they're smug and butthurt
I get you're a Feddie Drone, but come the fuck on.

>>13715682
Both Io's and Daryl's characterization had scenes and moments that put them in a better light on the chopping block in the first episode. Daryl was made to look more whiny than he was depicted in manga with his conversation with Io, because he got really offended when Io made fun of his legs as opposed to the Manga.

Although, let's face it, the only person Io really gives a shit about is Cornelius. Other than that he just wants to keep on flying in a mobile suit to forget about all the trouble with his family.
>>
File: image.jpg (413KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413KB, 1680x1050px
Just how bad did they fuck up the One Year War storyline? If I recall correctly, in episode one of msg the Feddie MS and Gundam were brand spanking new prototypes and before they were just using space fighter jets and ships to fight against Zeek Zakus. Thunderbolt, Blue Destiny, 080: War in the Pocket, and Thoroughbred really fucked up the original premise of the show. At least MS 8th Team's Gundams were just made of spare parts
>>
went into this with zero expectation but holy fuck this was amazing. Love the music motif. Love that it's not another moe-blob style shit. Wasn't expecting a gundam OVA to deliver something fresh in anime scene in a long time.
>>
>>13717115
>>13719291

The Zeeks are assholes for trivializing the lives of the guys they're killing. Io is just naturally an asshole though.
>>
>>13719475
Thunderbolt is set in alternate UC and 0080 is set at the end of the war
>>
>>13719475
0080's gundam was supposed to be sent off to Amuro, it just never made it.
>>
>>13704491
Io does seem pretty sly though just as characters from Bebop. I don't think they're good comparisons at all, but I do see where people are coming from.
>>
>>13712515
We're not going to see the Atlas at all? Fuck. That's the whole reason I became hyped up for this.
>>
>>13721008
Unless the next 3 episodes somehow get record-breaking sales alongside the new gunpla releases, nope.
>>
>>13720533
>Getting sentimental about the people you kill about in a war.
Go away Shiro, the moment you start sympathizing with the enemy, is the moment you hesitate to pull the trigger, the moment you hesitate to pull the trigger, is when you might get your teammates killed. By your logic, a majority of Federation Pilots and Gundam protags are monsters too because they don't feel bad when they kill Zeon soldiers.
>>
Disappointing if i had to be honest. I thought the jazz stuff was corny, hated the blonde MC, didn't like the romance shit or that Zion are cripples. I think the worst part was how he killed the sniper. Ending was stupid as well.

Overall it was a lot of flash but very little substance. 6/10. Hope episode 2 is better.
>>
>>13722140
>lot of flash but very little substance
>comes to a board solely devoted to fucking robots and shit shows about robots

honestly i still dont understand how people complain about content. watch the slick ass fights and shut your overly inflated ass up. you want substance dont watch an anime produced by a company wanting to sell you fucking toys
>>
>>13699083

Wtf is the problem with you people

>Semi Believeable military protagonists instead of whinty angsty teens
>Gritty low level grunt fighting
>Stone cold fucking murder, no honorable enemy bullshit
>A minimum of romance subplot, and what there is Chad-tier alpha game
>Decent anims
>Decent dialogue
>Smoove Jazz
>>
>>13722140
I too used to like Gundam Wing back in high school.
>>
>>13722160

I expected more is all I am going to say to your post. It didn't live up to anywhere near my expectation and if it wasn't for the presentation in visuals, sound and animation this would be a 5/10.

>>13722344

Don't quite follow you there, try again.
>>
>>13722353
not that guy, but I think Wing's focus on plot, characters doing nonsensical things, and Heero being the exact opposite of Io is what he was insinuating, while also implying that you are between the ages of 14 and 18.
>>
Anyone got a link to the manga translated download?

Or are they going to release an official version?
>>
>>13722195
All anime that tries to not be shit is shit.

How do you not know this?
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.