[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all writing is in English >Everyone speaks Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (309KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 2048x1536px
>all writing is in English
>Everyone speaks Japanese
>>
>>13697970
And once it is dubbed voila. Problem solved.
>>
the only equally pointless compaint I can think of right now is the disbelief of sound in space.
>>
>>13698027
>eyes aren't really that big
>>
>>13698027
muh square-cube law
>>
>>13698037
>muh Gundanium

Your move.
>>
>>13698087
I don't think we're playing the same game.
>>
>>13698110
Then I win. Checkmate.
>>
>>13697970
>gay MC
>kisses Kudelia
>>
>>13697970
You have to pretend everyone speaks Solar Standard English.

Of course, there's some exceptions. Like aliens that "speak" 2 languages but really should be considered as speaking one language; one for the audience to hear how they talk, then another for the audience to understand, with the assumption they're talking in their language. Like the Wulgaru in MJP.
>>
>>13697970
What makes you think they're actually speaking Japanese?
>>
>>13698119

Unfortunately you forgot to reveal your morph creatures. My win.
>>
>>13698027
Anything having to do with anime hair colors.
>>
>>13698245
>5
M-Masaka!
>>
>>13697970
Japan finally dropped the moonrunes in the future.
>>
>>13698234
The way they named Tekkadan, and how a foreigner like Kudelia immediately recognized the Japanese wordplay behind it.
>>
>>13698388
Kudelia teaching the kids to read is all using the English alphabet.
>>
Gundam using written English is nothing new and actually very common throughout the franchise.
>>
File: he-is-a-char[1].jpg (113KB, 424x315px) Image search: [Google]
he-is-a-char[1].jpg
113KB, 424x315px
>>13698489

A classic.
>>
>>13698489
It seems to be really common in mecha anime in particular, since until recently, they never expected anyone to actually be able to read it.
Anyone got that screenshot from Eva that's basically just the history of Gainax with a few words replaced?
>>
>>13698532
>>
>>13698532
>It seems to be really common in mecha anime in particular, since until recently, they never expected anyone to actually be able to read it.
A big part with SciFi shows is that computers are still mostly using English text. Sometimes a show has to get out of its way to use Japanese, like with Code Geass Japanese army rebels, who deliberately use kanji to count down on their computer hardware. It was rather strange to see.
>>
>>13698388
But then you have them being unfamiliar with Japanese characters. Things like Tekkadan and other oddities usually are because it's a Japanese product not necessarily because of a in-universe Japanese influence.
>>
>>13698609
I suppose those Geass rebels were just being overly patriotic and not using the language of the conquerors or whatever.
>>
>>13697970
I'm just impressed the English is decent. Gundam has come a long way since A CHAR.
>>
>>13697970
You have this with Hollywood too. I am sure in the future people don't speak English with a Cali accent.

Astronauts actually are expected to read English and Russian.
>>
>read french
>say japanese aloud
>Sheryl never spoke french again

La première fois que j'ai vu la scène j'ai cru que ceux qui avaient fait les sous-titres avaient vraiment modifié l'image...
>>
>>13697970
thats because gjallarhorn is american you fucking dimwit
>>
>>13699522
And either Chinese or Japanese, depending on which Asian flavor the writer/director prefers.

I mean, some of the non-Jap sci-fi games featured Japanese as the 3rd future language, while others featured Chinese. Same for US movies, though the transition to Chinese was more notable in recent years in order to make easy cash off China's viewers.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13697970
Those vermin should pay
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.