[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: PaltaII1.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PaltaII1.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts?
>>
>>13697525
a polished turd, like everything Oshii's done since he started working on GITS
>>
>>13697525

The movies are very well animated, but a tiny bit boring. The TV show and 2nd OVA series are the best part of the Patlabor fanchise.
>>
>>13697639
>a tiny bit
>>
still relevant to Japanese politics 20 years later. good music. animation top notch. stay away if you do not like political exposition
>>
File: BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUN.webm (686KB, 888x480px) Image search: [Google]
BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUN.webm
686KB, 888x480px
>>13697525
I liked it but it wasn't very Patlabor-y, if that makes any sense. Patlabor 1 is the more definitive Patlabor movie.
>>
>>13697525
Bestgirl.
>>13697639
The first movie moved at a good pace and had a lot going on in it, it's only the second that dragged.
>>
>>13698162
What about the third?
>>
>>13698183
What third? There are only two Patlabor movies anon, and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.
>>
File: gtyhhhh.jpg (26KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
gtyhhhh.jpg
26KB, 284x400px
>>13698200
>>
>>13698212
What is that, a monster movie? Looks neat.
>>
>>13698267
Looks like film about a monster called Wxiii
>>
File: patlabornextmovie07.jpg (578KB, 1137x1600px) Image search: [Google]
patlabornextmovie07.jpg
578KB, 1137x1600px
>>13698200
Anon, just because there's no subs it doesn't mean you can pretend the third Patlabor movie doesn't exist
>>
>>13698292
It doesn't count, it's basically a remake of Patlabor 2 with a worse cast.
>>
>>13698267
>>13698279
Stop whining and watch it, its a perfectly ok detective movie which even has a good 30 seconds of SV2 doing SV2 things.
>>
what's the best ingram model/figure/toy in /m/'s opinion? leaning towards revoltech but not sure which version
>>
>>13698349
The Robot Damashii, coming out soon.
>>
Why can't we have more protagonists like Noa?
>>
File: Tekken_Akira.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken_Akira.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>13699081
Like this?
>>
>>13699095
I said like Noa, not inferior copies of Noa.
That said, I didn't mind her in the only TNG we have in English. I hope we eventually get subs for the rest of the series.
>>
>>13698316
It's just a bit of a shitty note to end the series on. For all the whining Patlabor 2 was very much meant to be an end on the story of SV2, even if it only happened in one continuity. It was the last hurrah and it was the farewell. Then for no good reason we get a movie called Patlabor 3 but also called Wasted 13 that features Noa and Asuma showing up after the new pair of detectives that aren't even the same pair of detectives we know despite filling exactly the same roles as the old ones. Oh, and you get SV2 in Ingrams wrestling a kaiju, while the audio guy clearly grabbed the wrong sound effects to use for the labors. You know the ones, right? The ones that Headgear considered so important that they were actually added to all home media releases of Patlabor TV, replacing the more Gundam-y ones that Sunrise used in the airing version.
You're damn right I'm mad.
>>
>>13699099
>I hope we eventually get subs for the rest of the series.
Keep on doing so, since Skaro is the only group willing to translate the show.
>>
>>13698349
>cloth gear system
I'm guessing it has actual cloth over the joints? Why would you go through that trouble and then make the colors so awful?
>>
>>13700360
The cloth also looks all wrong and the head molding is completely off. The 'hips' are way too pronounced and they even got the TMPD emblem a bit wrong.
>>
>>13697900
Never change, Ota. Never change.
>>
>>13700526
He won't because we'll never see him again.
>>
>>13697525
Patlabor 2? The cinematography is typical 90s Oshii, which is fine by me, because I love 90s Oshii.* The plot is sort of a weird extended rehash of the 5th and 6th episodes of the OVA. Noa is the only character who's shown to have had any actual development. (We get a better picture of Shinobu, but the film doesn't represent her having substantially changed as a person.)

Overall, a decent movie, but weak as a finale for that continuity. Honestly, I think WXIII is the best movie with 'Patlabor' in the title.

The military gunship helicopters were extremely sexy.
*By which I mean I enjoy drinking heavily and yelling at the television whenever he adds unnecessary birds, or does something weird with the soundtrack, or adds a weird montage sequence, or makes a montage sequence go on too long, or uses a fisheye lens, or etc.
>>
>>13700985
Wow, it totally fucked the formatting on my footnote. Ugh.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.