[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally introduced Clan Mechs....charges each for $50,,,,, One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

Finally introduced Clan Mechs....charges each for $50,,,,,

One of the best Mech games out there and $$$ ruins it :(
>>
>>11075868
>One of the best Mech games out there and $$$ ruins it :(
>Best Mech games
>MWO
>One of the shittiest pieces of con-artist filth to ever crawl out onto the net
>Best at anything other than being a travesty
>Implying it wasn't ruined before it began
>>
>>11075868

I suppose you weren't there when they were charging 500 dollars for a pre-ordered Clan 'Mech with a gold skin?

Business practices have driven MWO into the ground and further.
>>
Even if MWO wasn't pay to win garbage, its gameplay isn't as solid as MW4. Hell, MW4 isn't even the best Mechwarrior game.
>>
>sticks to shitty Dragon
>dat feeling when it takes out a clan mech that was paid for...
>>
File: 04 dragon art.jpg (71KB, 497x600px)
04 dragon art.jpg
71KB, 497x600px
>>11075880
Dragon thread?
>>
File: PGI_Drgn_oth1tm.jpg (359KB, 1024x1125px)
PGI_Drgn_oth1tm.jpg
359KB, 1024x1125px
Torso is a sexy beast
>>
>>11075873

For the first time, a majority of the designs did not suck balls.
>>
File: charge__by_punakettu-d4zw7ft.jpg (116KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
charge__by_punakettu-d4zw7ft.jpg
116KB, 1131x707px
>Finall gave Timber Wolf(MadCat) to the masses
> Charges $50 for one or $200 for the pack
>$200

what the duck...
..god knows what they'll charge for me beloved Thor...
>>
>>11075949
Pfft...
>>
i paid $240 for the full clan package.what does that make me?

and im from a shitty 3rd world country so the exchange rate we something like 3 times the amount of my money.
>>
File: 1403185868945.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1403185868945.gif
212KB, 525x525px
>>11075982

If your ass is getting owned by Free mechs, then you're a pleb
>>
Whats the point in paying so much money for a mech? What does it do? Is it like owning a top tier mech and you become the most feared player on the field?
>>
>>11076120

In the tabletop, Clan mechs move faster and have weapons that hit harder at larger distances.
>>
>>11075868

I'm not even angry, just disappointed at where the industry is going. It's just not MW too, and I'm part of the problem by supporting these business practices. No more, just no more. It's why I only play games like AA:PG and Insurgency now.
>>
>>11076127

So it's basically pay-to-win?
>>
>>11076127
god that's so pay to win its not even funny bashing MWO anymore
>>
File: screenshot-3.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-3.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
>>11076242

Personally, I haven't seen a clan mech out perform my heavily customized Dragons. Managed to get the beasts up to 90kph while maintaining enough firepower.
Easily ripped a Madcat apart with dual ER lasers, SRM and AC2 with machine guns. Only damage was a leg in red.
>>
>>11076266

So how's the state of the game these days?
>>
>>11076268

not too bad, finally let you choose game type you want to play, so just straight onto skirmish without gay capping.
Mechlab has changed...still getting used to navigation around it.
Community is great, lots of team work in games.
>>
>>11076259
>>11076242
I wouldn't say its pay to win but more like big name companys like Word of Blake, Dragoon, or what the fuck they are called, Big Bank Medical want you to buy better and new mechs because the old pieces of shits you are piloting are obsolete. Thats the way the industry works isn't it?
>>
They didn't do anything with this game they promised, did they?

I seem to remember them talking about how they were going to do campaigns where you could sign on with one of the houses and have faction based play/contracts. They also talked about how they would NEVER have third person out of cockpit mode and how it was supposed to be immersive, and while they did plan to have Clan mechs, it would be based upon salvage, and they wanted to have some kind of PVE events or something... did any of this ever happen?
>>
>>11076286
I don't play it, I play Hawken
>>
Honestly I think you are paying so much because you are paying for an authentic mech.
>>
>>11075982

In the developed world, we have a saying. "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Take it for what you will.
>>
>>11076299
I don't play it either. but I'm just saying isn't that the way the industry works? You pay for a better car for the gas mileage and comfortable seats, you buy a better mech for the better engine and weapons?
>>
>>11076242

>MWO
>Ever NOT p2w

You should d/l it and give it a try bruh. Seriously.
>>
>>11076313
ehh I'd prefer something that focuses on skill more than how deep your pockets are
>>
>>11076242
>>11076259

Not exactly, as you don't get the better to-hit rates of clan pilots with it and not having a single firing phase for everyone means that you can give somebody's crosshair the slip much easier.

>>11076303
>authentic

Is it DRM protected or what?
>>
File: 1393896336631.png (184KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1393896336631.png
184KB, 500x357px
>>11076295

>Expecting Piggy to tell the truth
>>
>>11076313
From a lore standpoint, yeah, I guess that makes sense, but when I actually have to lift crates and pack trucks on the docks and shit for hours a week to get the money to pay for it and a game asks me to fork over a whole fucking paycheck for a garish gold finish on some polygons in a game that'll likely be dead within two years, it really breaks the immersion.
>>
>>11076322
More like it moves and feels like a mech. it has buttons in the cockpit like a mech. it shoots like a mech. it has the stupid toys and hawaiian girls in the mech. It blows up like a mech. It shutsdown when it is overheated like a mech. It takes alot of effort to beat a single mech like a mech. That is an authentic meching
>>
>>11076295
Every day is an actual day in the history of the Inner Sphere! Relive the glory days of Katrina Steiner, using the lost Matching Service technology of the Star League to sit in a queue for a 12v12 battle with some randos in a nondescript city!
>>
>>11076353
See I was thinking the same thing with star citizen but yet people still fund it. They pay for the future that they will never have.
>>
The only good thing to come out of MWO were the new redesigns.
>>
>>11076295
Nope.
>>
>>11076374
>They pay for the future that they will never have.
>taxes in a nutshell
>>
File: image.jpg (666KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
666KB, 1920x1200px
>>11075873
This. One hundred million fucking times this.
>>
Did any of you play in beta?
Remember how you could rake them with lasers and heat up the armor until it was red hot, and heat distortion would rise off of it, and you could jump in the water and heat would rise from it? And then they turned the graphics down so people using toasters could play it?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
>>11077822

I actually do--thinking back, I think that was the single thing that impressed me the most about the beta. At all.

We went from that entertaining, tantalizing, "SURPRISE, NINJA ATLAS!" trailer to, well, that. Indestructible building and trees, FTP, one game mode, lots of grinding.

The one thing I remember fondly was glowing sheets of armor from laser fire.

I guess bailing early was a good idea. I'm sure some people are genuinely enjoying themselves, but I couldn't stand it then. Now, it sounds fuck-awful.

>Boots up Some MW2: Mercs.
>>
>>11077954
What do you run MW2 Mercs on? I tried to run it in compatibility mode back when I was using XP Home Edition and it wouldn't run.
>>
>>11077822

I played in Closed beta, it was so promising, then they buggered themselves royally. well, at least the media called them out on their shit as well, so hopefully that horrible company dies and someone not retarded gets the MW license.

It's such a shame, cause i really love all the designs for the game, they were really great at taking lots of the derp from the old art and making it look awesome.
>>
>>11077822
yes i was in the closed beta voip

i also served in the Robinson rangers for a while

game went to shit and i quit but i still miss the clan
>>
I just don't get it, how could a company be this retarded? How could they have start with such wonderful promise only to go so wrong?
>>
>>11079723
Did you really think that the people behind Duke Nukem Forever could do anything other than make promises and disappoint with the delivery?
>>
Ugh, I can't help but reinstall.

I hate this game but I love it.
>>
File: acoolatlas.jpg (194KB, 468x600px) Image search: [Google]
acoolatlas.jpg
194KB, 468x600px
>>11075878
>not as solid as MW4

Are you shitting me? Every weapon that isn't an LRM in MW4 behaves like it's some kind of retarded laser or something, LRMs have no minimum range. SRMs are horrible. Light mechs have no momentum, they can start and stop their movement like they're goddamn UFOs.

MWO is the only game to have finally done the laser weapons right in terms of "canon" and approachability for gameplay balance. The same can be said for pretty much every weapon type.
I'm not one of those people who hates MW4 and Mercs, I enjoy them all, but 4 by far has some of the weakest gameplay elements of all the games.

I understand that there have been serious problems with MWO and many persist. I know I play it and I'm extremely critical of it. But when individual matches are good, it's damn good.

Right now, the game's solo play que is largely separated from the group que. There are far less meta-fags in poptarts in this venue and it honestly is a great deal funner doing solo drops.

the devs need to really REALLY understand just how bad pop-tarting fucks the whole game up completely. In a way they are taking some steps to curtail it by rebalancing how jump jets and fall damage works...but ala Occam's razor - they just need to make all PPCs and projectile weapons simply not work when the mech is in the air.

>>11075982
More than anything It merely makes you impatient. Do you not enjoy looking forward to when they're going to release mechs for C-Bills?
>>
>>11080270
Actual projectiles don't really matter if shitty netcode gives every player built-in lag dodge. At least with a hitscan you don't have to lead a target that may or may not exist, you can just shoot at where you think it is and hope for the best.
>>
>>11080286
Netcode complains? Have you not played the game in over a year?
The behavior of the ballistic weapons is one of the most solid aspects of the game, has been for months. In fact they uniformly readjusted their values because they were too effective.
>>
>>11077822
Oddly enough I have something slightly better then a toaster and the beta I played with like 20-30 fps. Shit was actually fun
Now, runs like shit. 8-12 fps. Same settings.
Unplayable.
>>
The F2P aspect is what killed it. PGI got greedy and now 50% of the game is unavailable unless you pay for it. It wouldn't be bad if $60 got you a large portion of what's left, but instead I think it gets you only 2 or 3 mechanical and that's it. If you want the full game it would be something like $500. Plus most of the bought items are downright better
>>
>>11080270
>jilpoong17 drew an actual robot rather than sayaka dressed as the robot
Times have changed. Also never knew he was a Battletech/Mechwarrior fan but his interests seem so incredibly broad I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>11081745

He drew that one years ago though.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.