[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /lit/, I'm planning on writing a book based in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1487500444704.jpg (226KB, 1080x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1487500444704.jpg
226KB, 1080x1155px
Alright /lit/,

I'm planning on writing a book based in a Fantasy world with multiple races (humans, orcs, elves, dwarfs, ect.) but here's the thing about it: It's supposed to be a direct parallel to human history and an analysis on historical events and civilizations. I'm trying to decide on how to go about doing this and I thought you guys could help with this.

I'll also be posting similar threads on /lit/ and /tg/, since I think they'd probably help with this idea. (please try to get along)

My question for you /his/ is: How should I work on the relationships between the different cultures? I was planning on analizing local and world wide relations.

I'll link the other threads below.
>>
No.2472834
>>
>>>/his/2472834
>>
>>>/tg/52067370
>>
>>9205484
So your basing your entire book on a trope?

Good luck ever having it considered as literature.
>>
>>9205533
It could be a book or a series, each book based on one historical event.
>>
What happened to Spain and France in that map?
There seems to be something weird going own around the Balkans and Greece too I can't figure out what
>>
>>9205568
Just a pic I found on /his/ one day on historic maps
>>
>>9205543
He's trying to say that your books wouldn't be literature, ie, they'd be shit.
And your eager listing of such banal elements of the craft, nauseating cliches and asking 4chan for help supports such predictions.
>>
The foremost requirement if your goal is to write something worth reading is to have something to say. It is elementary to set out to write something without first knowing what you will write. Choosing a style and genre is not having something to write - its merely the vehicle you will carry your message in. So asking the question you have tells me straight away your book won't be worth reading. If you want to be a writer, then be a thinker first, and create an idea, in this case a unique and worthwhile analysis, and then try to adapt that into your style and genre. And then your questions will answer themselves.
>>
>>9205666
All I was asking for was some advice from people I can relatively rely on. I'd still rather ask you guys than reddit.
>>
>>9205484
have you considered suicide?
>>
>>9205484
don't want to burst your bubble OP, but that's what Tolkien already did
>>
>>9205484
What would be interesting is to choose an area or point in time of inspiration that is relatively low-prestige, but fill it with importance and gravitas.
>>
>>9205484
>>9205901
write from the heart you commie fuck. dont create forms that arent going to interest anyone and contrive your writing to fit that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.