[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primitive English language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

I not too long ago started learning English and everything written or said in it seems to me so primitive, unlike in my mother tongue which is Russian. Here you cannot have genders, don't really have cases and as the result fixed word order which is a fucked up thing. You don't have normal regular diminutives, or have them only for nouns, for comparison we in russian have diminutive forms even for verbs(occasionally). And words themself in english have lots of different meanings. Everything relies on a context. In a nutshell it is rather disgrace but not a language as it should've been at least as i imagined it before getting started. So of course literature written originally in English and translated to Russian reads much better in Russian.
>>
How do you say "Everyone in the world speaks English as their second language and no-one speaks Russian" in Russian?
>>
>>7690286
Why would that interest you since you can't understand Russian?
>>
Actually, don't bother translating it. Nobody will be able to understand it.
>>
>>7690282
>And words themself in english have lots of different meanings. Everything relies on a context.
Are you arguing that literature written in a complex and nuanced language is somehow a bad thing?
>>
>>7690286
#rekt
>>
>>7690303
>English
>complex and nuanced
what a low quality bait
>>
>>7690316
>English
>not complex and nuanced
Confirmed for pleb. Have fun reading shitty authors like Toystory, Danny, and Joust.
>>
Nabokov chose to write in English. Enough said
>>
>>7690349
he was a retard who spoke even english itself with such a hideous accent
>>
>>7690282
>English has evolved beyond grammatical gender and case
>I not too long ago started learning English
>it's primitive
>I don't know how to modify word order in English
>diminutives aren't major enough in English
Look, Russian has some nice tools available, some of them not in English, but that argument goes both ways. You don't know English well enough to be saying these things.
>>
I always knew English is a language de facto for degenerates
>>
>Here you cannot have genders, don't really have cases and as the result fixed word order which is a fucked up thing.
Fixed declension, fixed order; all the same fixed.
>>
>>7690354
>Speaking with an accent
>Anything to do with writing
>>
>>7690282
So just go back to using Russian and ignore English then; none of us are forcing you to use it.
>>
File: 6d9-1.jpg (21KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
6d9-1.jpg
21KB, 600x900px
So what you're saying is we should destroy the English language?
>>
>>7690282
czy umiesz po polsku
>>
>>7691305
I can hardly understand it if someone speaks it rather slowly but cannot really speak it myself
>>
>>7690282
>Primitive English language

þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal
in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.
Him ða Scyld gewat to gescæphwile
felahror feran on Frean wære;
hi hyne þa ætbæron to brimes faroðe,
swæse gesiþas, swa he selfa bæd.
>>
I'd rather appreciate Tolstoy in its divine Russian than your English cold and soulless crap
>>
File: Russian-Language-Map[1].png (54KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
Russian-Language-Map[1].png
54KB, 1425x625px
>>7690286
kek
>>7690282
I have to agree there, OP. The Russian language is the best language there is. It's not only better than English (that's like beating up a baby seal), it's not only the queen of all the slavic languages but also of all the other living languages in Europe. And this is no chauvinism, this I tell you as someone whose native language is German and who also learnt English and French. But don't you hate on the English speakers too much. This will bring the American highschooler demographic blood to a boil and they will get a Kreislaufkollaps because they are so fat, because they have been stuffing their faces with Hamburgers instead of learning languages and reading books. You wouldn't want them to get a Kreislaufkollaps because of your thick heda and broad slavic soul.
Anyhow, here is a poem in prose by Turgenyev:
Bo дни coмнeний, вo дни тягocтных paздyмий o cyдьбaх мoeй poдины,- ты oдин мнe пoддepжкa и oпopa, o вeликий, мoгyчий, пpaвдивый и cвoбoдный pyccкий язык! He бyдь тeбя - кaк нe впacть в oтчaяниe пpи видe вceгo, чтo coвepшaeтcя дoмa? Ho нeльзя вepить, чтoбы тaкoй язык нe был дaн вeликoмy нapoдy!

Июнь 1882
Even Russian poetry in prose is better than anything ever written by an American.
>>
>>7690286
Doesn't that just underline OP's point?

Everyone speaks English because it's incredibly simple, you can learn it in a month if you really want to.
>>
The fishing boat sure is crowded today.
>>
>>7692575
'uh ya riweh shpike'?
>>
>>7690282
I agree with you that English is shit, but you've got to admit that Russian borrows alot of foreign words.
>>
Buttmad monolingual Anglos. Top kek.
>>
>>7692589
Also, verglichen mit dem englischen gibt es fast keine. Auch:
>agree
>admit
>alot (old Celtic mythic animal)
>forein
>>
File: trumpsoon.jpg (276KB, 1040x773px) Image search: [Google]
trumpsoon.jpg
276KB, 1040x773px
>>7692591
>>
>>7692589
Haha, Brits took half of their language from German.
>>
>>7692589
Lmao English is cucked by French so much it's sad.
>>
>>7692601
Die gesamte Sprache ist ein Dialekt des deutschen. Es sind alle Merkmale da, bis hin zur vereinfachten Bauerngrammatik.
>>
>>7692607
Sind ja letztendlich auch zur Hälfte Sachsen.
>>
>>7690282

>In a nutshell it is rather disgrace

You're basically raping a beauty pageant winner and then complaining that her tears are making her ugly.
>>
deutsch-pyccкий Übersprachen-thread
>>
>>7692601
that's because of Frysian actually. English really is closer to Dutch which is laag-Duits (low German)
>>
>>7692611
btw why do you use a before the word disgrace? Isn't that an uncountable word? And why don't you use it before such words as treason or fun?
>>
>>7692644
Or Plattdeutsch as we call it.
>>
>>7692647
Jau. Die sprechen angelsächsisch Platt.
>>
I'd much rather lick my own anal than learn this basic language if i were russian
>>
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>All those salty monolingual anglo tears
>>
Russian is my native language too. But I think english is much better, it just feels better, it doesn't have unnecessary bullshit like genders and cases.
But that's just my opinion, фaмилия.
>>
>>7690282
See, you're learning formal English. We have grammatical tenses in common language that won't be formalized for another 100 years at least.
>>
>>7693093
>grammatical tenses
and what are those so called grammatical tenses of yours? enlighten me please
>>
>>7693093
>>7693723
i meant those that are deviant from formal ones
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.