[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Book of the New Sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: botns.jpg (60KB, 318x463px) Image search: [Google]
botns.jpg
60KB, 318x463px
I picked up Shadow and Claw thanks to the memeing on this board and read Torturer this week. It was pretty cool, got a couple of questions though:

1. Are there any good sites/books/analyses on the work that will help me pick up what I missed?

2. Does the narrative pick up or is the style pretty consistent all the way through?

Starting Claw of the Conciliator soon.
>>
It's more or less consistent, but it peaks around Claw and Sword; also don't forget to read Urth of the New Sun if you're aiming to read all of it.
>>
>1. Are there any good sites/books/analyses on the work that will help me pick up what I missed?

There’s be lots of spoilers in a serious analysis, probably. If you don’t want to be spoilered, first finish with the series. And then read it all again, probably.
>>
>>7688772

>1. Are there any good sites/books/analyses on the work that will help me pick up what I missed?
Ultan's library, videos on yt by Marc Aramimi, an article on First Things.
>2. Does the narrative pick up or is the style pretty consistent all the way through?
Style stays largely the same, but the plot itself grows in scale.
>>
>>7688772
I'm about to finish it too, last 50 pages.
There's something I'd like to ask about. but please don't respond if it's gonna spoiler something else: when Agia tries to "hit" Severian in prison he remembers how Thecla used to do the same when she couldn't bear her situation anymore, he states. I thought Thecla learned to cope with her situation since as Severian said after a certain while people start thinking their day won't come and they'll be graced and start making plans for the future.
Can these two things be complementary or did Severian lie to us the first time?
>>

There is a book, Lexicon Urthus by Michael Andre-Driussi

If you google around you can find some discussion groups and stuff of varying quality

>2. Does the narrative pick up or is the style pretty consistent all the way through?

What do you mean?
>>
>>7688896
Severian is inconsistent
>>
>>7688916
You can get away with just that, it was pretty clear it was done on purpose, narrativewise.
>>
my dick got hard when you realize that buddy he has when he's locked up in the king's castle is actually a robot. When I started reading I thought the book was only fantasy, instead massive scifi vibe all over the place.
>>
>>7689263
>jonas
I thought that was clear almost from the beginning? maybe going back you'd see more hints
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.