[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he choose to bless us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-02-11-20-05-20-1.png (832KB, 1440x963px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-11-20-05-20-1.png
832KB, 1440x963px
Why did he choose to bless us?
>>
to mock us
>>
i wish i could have a conversation with him. honestly i'd rather not even know i was talking to him until after the fact. just a conversation about the weather or something.
>>
this guy is a fucking saint

nobody writes literature that seems as fine tuned to my every taste. it feels like cheating to read pynchon. it's too fun, too easy, too exciting.
>>
>>7687866
Have you tried reading anything by John Hawkes? The Cannibal is basically the precursor to Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>7687866
>>7687746

i know that feel, lad

i feel like the bill gray fanboy in mao ii
>>
>>7687746
maybe you've already had a conversation with him

maybe you're having one right now :)
>>
>Reading Mason & Dixon

I'm about 60 pages in. Having trouble with the time period writing. Is it worth going?

For reference, I've read V and Inherent Vice. Waiting on GR
>>
>>7688192
Manson & Nixon is up there with Moby-Dick and the best of Faulkner as greatest american novels.
>>
File: pinecone.png (88KB, 651x296px) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.png
88KB, 651x296px
>>
>>7688206
I go through periods of being annoyed with it to loving it, though I've only been reading it for 3 days. After I'm done reading I can't stop thinking about the book, so I guess that's a good sign so far. But it is frustrating.
>>
File: Pynchon drawing.png (19KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pynchon drawing.png
19KB, 400x550px
>>7688192
That is the only novel to make me shed tears.
>>
File: Pynchon writes a 4chan post.png (297KB, 1692x867px) Image search: [Google]
Pynchon writes a 4chan post.png
297KB, 1692x867px
>>7687720
>He posts here
>>
>>7688239
I doubt that's him, but it sure-as-clobbering-fuck was funny.
>>
>>7688192
Keep going. Use coffee as needed.
>>
I'm about 430 pages into Gravity's Rainbow and am not as confused as I thought I would be. Parts of it, yes, definitely confused, but that could be easily explained by the fact that I read much of it quite stoned and don't totally remember all the details...
>>
Maybe this question won't just be for me but anyhow,

I've read GR, loved it, want to try another Pynchon book but I am worried that it's all downhill from here. If so--evenso--where's the next best watering hole?

(Not Lot 49, I can breeze through that whenever)
>>
>>7688130

I'm here, Tommy. If you want to talk...

Sincerely,

Your good friend, tee-hee.
>>
>>7688380
It kind of is all downhill from there. V. is the next best thing if you haven't read that yet. After that Mason & Dixon is generally considered to be the best post Gravity's Rainbow pinecone. At this point I've read everything by him except the last 300 pages of Mason & Dixon and all of Against the Day.

My rankings are GR>V.>M&D>Lot49>BE>IV>Vineland>Slow Learner

I'm going to read Against the Day after M&D but it's very polarizing so I can't recommend it without having read it myself.
>>
>>7688416
Don't listen to this nigger.

Vineland is amazing, fucking funny and thematically great. Vineland is way above BE and IV. It is weird as fuck in a very Pynchonian way.

People don't like it because they're told to

That said

M&D=GR>Vineland=V>ATD>BE>IV>SL

Haven't read lot 49 yet.
>>
>>7688380
Against the Day
>>
>>7688461
The thematics of Vineland are good and it's amusing, but the execution is pretty terrible, even if it's thematically appropriate. It's amateur hour stuff that's only slightly better than his juvenilia.
>>
>>7687866
he is the martyr figure of young boy writers everywhere
he died for our reading pleasure
>>
>>7688461
i prefer Vineland to Bleeding Edge but man Inherent Vice was so bloody much fun
>>
>>7688239
>If they survive, it's coloring books for Christmas

Gold
>>
>>7688239
theory: onion writer who can't use this material because the onion is too p.c. nowdays to use it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.