[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature: >never know if what you're writing is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
7KB, 225x225px
Literature:

>never know if what you're writing is good or shit
>the horror of watching your opinion on your very own work vacillate between two extremes depending on your mood day in and day out
>putting your heart and soul into something only to have some hipster call it pretentious because it isn't more minimalist swill and tries to say something about life
>toiling in obscurity for years for the privilege of having your blood, sweat, and tears turn yellow in a borders dustbin

Music:

>know immediately if your shits hot or not because your ears are infallible critics
>immediate feedback from peers, it's only a 3 minute song after all and most times they only have to wait for the hook
>3 minutes of a dope hook, some snaps, a killer synth here and there and boom, your listeners have already achieved greater emotional heights than in the same amount of time spent reading
>social, gets you laid
>capture emotion and experience directly instead of sitting on the same paragraph for a month and wondering why it still doesn't pop
>no faggot hipster around to whinge about "thematic cohesion" or "hitting your reader over the head with the message" like every MFA drone that ever was

I love literature mane, but tell me why I should bother writing again?
>>
>>7680858
>>never know if what you're writing is good or shit
Everyone who reads it will.
>>
>>7680858
>it's only a 3 minute song

Only if you listen to genre music.
>>
>>7680858

>working this hard for a milquetoast bait

lol
>>
>>7680858
>pop producer
>not abstractist
No, you wouldn't write, would you?
>>
I like both literature and music. I browse both /lit/ and /mu/
>>
>>7680909
>electronic and rap can't be beautiful

Back to 4ch... Oh wait
>>
>>7680915
It can, but hella low-brow, most that is. And it's that kind of music i feel you'd be making
>>
You are probably a shit musician too
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 284x177px
>all these assblasted MFAs
>>
>>7680941

yeah man you really dropped a rage nuke itt

gw you are great at this
>>
>>7680887
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>he thinks a writer's pleasure is the same as a reader's pleasure
>he thinks a musician's pleasure is the same as a listener's pleasure
>he thinks literature ends at the reading
>he doesn't understand writing is a much better means of reproduction than music
no wonder you're frogposting, you're living a short life
>>
>>7681034
He's telling the truth. Only shite pop music that Plebs listen to is that short. Fuck off. You probably like Andy Weir.
>>
>Producing art solely to please the masses of critics and get laid.

Enjoy mediocrity. You write because you know rhythms and beats by themselves are base hedonistic distractions and are only really used to make the lyrics harder to disagree with.
>>
>>7680858
what music/artists do you like? i think music is a superior more visceral medium in capturing emotions and directness. but i'm unmusical as shit.
>>
>>7681322
Better than /mu/'s taste friend. I've had it up to here with shitty indie bands and their shitty tryhard names and 2deep4u album covers

>>7681778
Producers like Vanic and Hitimpulse, the weeknd, and rappers like Lloyd Banks and TI
>>
If you tried composting classical music and writing fantasy, you'd think that literature is easy and music difficult.
>>
>>7681341
actually there is merit to this. stephen king for example is the big mac of the literary world.

the big mac is the worlds most popular restaurants most popular sandwich. there is something intensely human about producing something so universally accessible. being able to understand what normies want is art. it is the very nature of aesthetics. now as you make the meaning more narrowly defined you reduce your audience as well. to the point where scizophrenic communication has an audience of one.

>>7682305
most classical composers did not make money off of their sonatas, they wrote a fuckton of waltz music. shitty dancing music was where the money was at. or the preludes they used for teaching students.
>>
File: 1449457731010.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1449457731010.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>
>>7682328
This is why Mozart was the ultimate hack
>>
>>7682328
>most classical composers did not make money off of their sonatas, they wrote a fuckton of waltz music. shitty dancing music was where the money was at. or the preludes they used for teaching students.
And what does this have to do with my post?
>>
if u cant tell if ur story is gud or not how can u tell if shit u read is gud or not and if u cant tell wasgud in lit then why dafuq u wanna write it for? playing an instrument is too hard for u, but writing story is easy, or so u thot, pleb bitch
>>
>>7680858
Because you might enjoy it?
I was never a good writer so I never tried (apart from school essays but that doesn't count)
>>
>>7682379
there is merit to being a shill? you can use and develop your skills tentmaking? tentmaking does not make you inherently mediocre.
nearly everything written by Chopin was a shitty waltz.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.