[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ consume to fuel their Balzacian reading/writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What does /lit/ consume to fuel their Balzacian reading/writing marathons?
>>
Beer and scotch and cigarettes
>>
beer, scotch, absinthe, coffee.
>>
Frosting and Dr. Pepper.
>>
I usually only drink during downtime. Writing is fueled by Ritalin, Dip, and water/soda/coffee
>>
Anyone here use adderal?
>>
>>7679966
>white, spongy bread
Absolutely haram, enjoy your type-2 diabetes.
>>
>>7680006
Adderal is shit, buy nootropics and supplement. Noopept gives a cocaine-like rush if combined with turmeric and synephrine (bitter orange).
>>
>>7679966
tea, coffee, neapolitan wafers, water
>>
>>7680007
>le "you can get diabetes from a bad diet" meme
Back to le reddit with you
>>
>>7680007
>first world problems
>>
>>7680019
"Obesity is thought to be the primary cause of type 2 diabetes in people who are genetically predisposed to the disease (although this is not the case in people of East-Asian ancestry).

Type 2 diabetes is managed by increasing exercise and dietary changes. If blood sugar levels are not adequately lowered by these measures, medications such as metformin or insulin may be needed. In those on insulin, there is typically the requirement to routinely check blood sugar levels.

Rates of type 2 diabetes have increased markedly since 1960 in parallel with obesity."
>>
>>7680023
Enjoy living on a pack of cigs a day, mr "misunderstood writer".
>>
>>7680016
Where to buy Noopept?
>>
>>7680040
http://www.powdercity.com/products/noopept best bang for your buck.
>>
>>7680016
Adderal is infinitely more effective than nootropics.

Concerta XR +coffee is god teir. I read 435 pages of war and peace in one sitting
>>
>>7680082
It's also incredibly addictive (amphetamines).
>>
>>7680086
Not really actually. This may be true of older ADHD medication but it's pretty easy to stop taking concerta
>>
>>7679966
Fresh air and silence.
>>
>>7681606
This. Open a damn window and give yourself a moment alone with your thoughts.
>>
Im eating girl scout cookies right now, senpai
>>
infinite amounts of coffee
mfw reading la peau de chagrin you realize that drinking too much coffee makes your thoughts so scattered, sentences you write barely makes sense anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I drink coffee, water, tea while reading and writing. I never eat, it's distracting. I also never marathon, because I have other things to do.
>>
I'm an alcoholic so I can't drink and write anymore. I also can't smoke cigs or weed because my life will go down the toilet if I start that shit again. My writing has gotten a lot better since I got clean, too.
>>
>>7679966
majoun, like balzac.
>>
caffeine + l-theanine
>>
>>7682726
tell me more
>>
>>7682126
"Clean" kek, it wasn't like you were using hard drugs.
>>
>>7679966
>Balzacian
?
>>
>>7682739
Balzac used to drink a ton of coffee when writing
>>
I have cut sugar out of my diet since New Years.

I feel great.

What I thought was a caffeine cycle was actually a blood sugar cycle. My brain would only function for a short while after a meal. Other than that, I was easily distracted and achy.

No added sugar, no processed foods (which always include sugar to make up for the Low Fat label on the front), no dairy, next to no fruit. Fruit is okay since you get fiber and vitamins with your sugar, but I still try to aim for vegetables.

I urge anyone to analyze their diet and look for the sugar. You will almost assuredly find it. You could eat 'healthily' and still find yourself eating copious amounts of sugar.
>>
Bought two pounds of summer sausage, a loaf of fresh French bread and some smoked cheddar. Got white wine and coffee too. If it wasn't for having to go to work I'd be in heaven for the next few days.
>>
>>7679966

Is that... just a lump of butter? Just sitting by your egg on toast, like you're just gonna lick a little bit with every bite or something?
>>
>>7682759
pretty sure it's some kind of pill or sweet
>>
>>7682739
he'd allegedly sleep two hours a day when writing a novel, and subsisting on a diet of nothing but coffee until he'd finished it.
>>
scotch, coffee, oxy sometimes, cocaine occasionally, and cigarettes when my roommates arent around

though i never mix opiates and booze
>>
>>7682748
Did the same thing, works great.

Although such diet might be pretty dangerous for you, even more than veganism.

Mine has some dairy in it because I can read labels and get the almost sugar-free products.

Not to mention that the sugars contained in fruit are usually decent and your body can't function without some anyway.
>>
>>7682113
I'm hungry right now and would fucking ring the necks of any small animal right now to eat what's in that picture, though you are missing the hash browns bruv.
>>
>>7680023
No one uses this meme any more
>>
Coffee, whisky, soylent
>>
>>7679966
wtf, it is the first meal you have done in your life? Why there is no plate and why is butter outside? Do you want to lick it or what?
>>
>>7682823
No plate, no dishes.
That's a seltzer to put in the glass of water.
>>
>>7679966
Wash that cup you fucking neanderthal
>>
>>7679975
>>7679993
These. Sometimes I'll order in a pizza to keep going.
>>
>>7682113
>>7679966
>chicken periods
>mutilated animals
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>7682883
>spooks
>>
>>7682883
Enjoy being a low test beta cuckold friendo;^)
>>
>>7682903
& enjoy the erectile dysfunction, you idiot memeat eater
>>
>>7680000
Fellow dipper, here. Kind of a toss-up for me in terms of effectiveness; but when it works, it really works. Which brand/flavor, dipbro?

For food, it's all about the red meat.
>>
>>7683011

I'm mostly a skoal rich blend pouches kinda guy desu lad
>>
>>7682759
>>7682823
That's a multivitamin, not butter

What the fuck kind of butter are you eating that's solidified into a spotted yellow circular chalk?
>>
>>7683014

>not Copenhagen snuff master race.
>>
>>7683020

2hard4me. My friends always make fun of me for being a pussy and using pouches but I like that they don't cause any mess.
>>
I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and a cup of tea on the evening, maybe a bit more if I haven't had sufficient sleep. Maybe I'll drink a beer while reading, but generally I keep intoxication separate from my reading habits.
>>
My usual routine is a bran muffin, piece of fruit and double espresso before class each morning

If I have an essay to write or plan on reading for more than a couple of hours I'll follow it up with a few cigarettes and a few more espressos over the course of the day
>>
>>7682735
>alcohol
>not a hard drug

amateur drinker detected
>>
>>7680019

Diabetes is literally diet related.
>>
>>7682726

So Tea then?
>>
>>7679966
A double serving of plain oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of tea.
>>
>>7682735

Alcohol is one of the hardest drugs.
>>
>>7683016
Some people actually eat some fucking vegetables every now and then and aren't familiar with the sight of XL vitamin tablets pushed on you by big pharma.
>>
>>7682883

Vegantard detected.
>>
>>7683068

>giving zero fucks about health
>>
>>7679993
>absinthe
Is this even worth drinking or just a meme liquor for wannabe bohemians?
>>
>>7683425
>>7683437
>caring about your health when there are books to be read

Just fill me with coffee and give me a surface to read on

I'll die when I die
>>
>>7683445
i'm just saying do it right or dont do it at all

multivitamins are for tools
>>
>>7683020

Chill dude, you're already using snuff/dip - people already think you're pretentious as fuck you don't need to be elitist about it.
>>
>>7683445
spoken like a true patrician
>>
>>7683438
meme
>>
>>7683438

Just because it's a meme liquor it doesn't mean it's not worth drinking.

Sometimes when I host events at my house we get out the absinthe, drizzle it over a sugar cube and eat the cube.

It's not a "drinking alone" spirit though - stick to gin or whisky for that.
>>
File: 1450868051761.gif (618KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450868051761.gif
618KB, 320x240px
>>7683445
This.

>hurr durr how can I defend myself from ever sacrifice my identity towards some meaningful activity, being forever trapped in my empirical pathetic body
>but doig X is u-unhealthy
>>
>>7683469
What's pretentious about dip?
>>
>>7683521
He was probably being sarcastic. Dip is associated with the trashiest of whitetrash rednecks.
>>
>>7683521

I'm not sure where you're from but in the UK you'd be considered pretentious as fuck to use dip, just because it's so uncommon, like literally unheard of.
>>
>>7683531
I thought dip was banned in Europe aside from some nordic countries.
>>
>>7683531
That's really ironic considering this >>7683527 is the dip situation in murrica.
>>
>>7683533

Chewing and snuff tobacco is about so I think dip has no legal status in the UK.

All three are basically never used (along with smoking tobacco nowadays) - and snuff certainly is considered to be 'being alternative for alternative's sake'.
>>
>>7683499
It sounds interesting enough to try at least once, but the whole sugar cube thing seems like the kind of gimmick that'd get really old after doing it a couple of times, even with friends.
>>
>>7683553

I don't host social events at my house often enough for things like that to get boring, to be honest.
>>
>>7682776
>eating dairy
>calling other diets dangerous

jesus christ
>>
>>7679966
Balzac is a faggot
>>
>>7679966
>a ~300 page selection of the Arabian Nights
>not Burton's full 3 volume text

REEE
>>
>>7682748
>>7682776
probably 95% of people in the us are addicted to sugar.
>>
>>7684142
500 page but I feel you

When I can afford the full text I want to buy a set that will last me until my great-great-grandchildren become plebs and lose it in a soilent green accident
>>
My own seminal fluids and oolong tea
>>
>>7684214
I was just being a pain, but I totally agree. Check out abebooks and ebay; I've seen the "classic" Burton 3 volume set, almost brand new with slipcases, for like $50 pretty recently.

Then again my local used book store had it leather bound in 12 oversized volumes for about $450. Can you imagine? Fuck.
>>
>>7684578
Together?
>>
>>7680016
>Noopept gives a cocaine-like rush if combined with turmeric and synephrine
this is not true
>>
Cigarettes and coffee, baby
>>
>>7682776
What's dangerous about not eating sugar and processed food?
>>
>>7682776
>Not to mention that the sugars contained in fruit are usually decent and your body can't function without some anyway.
I'm not sure what medical literature you have read, but your body cant function perfectly well without any sugars. Even fruit.
>>
>>7686805
Minus the t of course. Can.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.