[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick Greek question; If I say Έk πτωχος γίγνεται

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Quick Greek question;

If I say

Έk πτωχος γίγνεται χρηστον.

My chrèston should be accusative, right?
>>
>>7679876
Sorry about the lack of accents, I had to write that using the Google Translation pen, and it was too much of a hassle to take the time and add them.
>>
>>7679883
You can install the Greek language pack on Windows and use the virtual keyboard senpai.
>>
>>7679888
thanks family
>>
>>7679876

What is the subject of the sentence?
>>
>>7679913
beggar
>>
>>7679876
I think it should be nominative because it is a linking verb. Not sure.
You should also know that ek goes with the genitive, so it should be ptochou
>>
>>7679876
Not sure what you're trying to say but the last word is the subject, therefore in the nominative case. Εk requires the genitive, as my esteemed colleague >>7680050
was kind enough to point.
>>
>>7679876

How about this, OP: What is it, in English, that you're trying to say in Greek?
While we're at it, what version of Greek are you aiming for?
>>
>>7680050
Can confirm γιγνομαι takes a predicate nominative
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.