[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /lit/ feel about Sanderson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Writes like clockwork
>>
>>/reddit/

Not horrible as far as genre fiction goes, but not good - certainly not like how some people seem to pedestal him. I've never been able to stomach him, but I might just be having a kneejerk reaction because Reddit and Goodreads seem to fucking love him.
>>
>>7669998
His books are entertaining. Not life changing classics, but I don't think anyone except reddit claims them to be. They're enjoyable to read, I enjoyed the way of kings.
>>
>>7669998
Incredibly entertaining books. Not that high quality and the prose is functional at best. I'd love to see what he could do if he took like 5 years for a single book, but oh well. No other author right now can really match his output. And considering the sheer amount of words this guy produces the enjoyment I get from them is outstanding.

He's like Stephen King during his most productive period and producing stuff that's actually good. Not great, certainly flawed in several ways, but solidly good across the board.

I utterly love the Youtube videos of his writing lectures though. A lot of really good and interesting stuff in those.
>>
>>7669998
His work is the Call of Duty of genre fiction. typically, even the most superficial fantasy books have a sense of aesthetic creativity going for them, but Sanderson's work is a sterile fucking product. Every character feels like they're taken directly from a D&D class description.
>>
>>7670174
I'd agree with that in regards to most of his characters, they are basically cardboards. His world building is outstanding though - and I mean that in the literal sense of the word. It's a welcome change from all of these shitty and boring medieval Europe books we've been getting.
>>
>>7670156
But is five years really worth the wait?

We have been waiting for rothfuss, but even if he were to publish tomorrow, would really be five times as enjoyable as sanderson's book?
>>
His books are about as good as a Lexicanum Warhammer article. If you like it, it's fun, but as literature it's garbage.
>>
>>7670183
>His world building is outstanding though
I number plenty of fantasy books amongst my favourites, but this kind of shit is why the style is looked down upon.

Also, it's not even good. It's a fucking plastic joke just like everything else in his books.
>>
>>7670207
So what do you recommend?
>>
>>7670200

isn't garbage a bit harsh? I enjoy his books, they are like lean meat, not as awesome as bacon, but still most definitely meat and not boiled veggies.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.