[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lit/, I'm looking for an introduction to english

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x750px
Hello /lit/, I'm looking for an introduction to english poetry, something that covers history of english language and poets, explains prosody in english poetry, and include some poems as sample and explain the archaic form of words.
Thanks in advance.
>>
Norton and Oxford both have pretty solid historical anthologies like what you're looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 360x480px
I've written loads of poems about what I imagine her excrement and urine smell like
>>
>>7667406
What should I search for?
>>
>>7667414
share maggot
>>
>>7667416
Not that guy, but the Norton has an Introduction to Literature by Kelly J. Mays which basically gives you an overview of literature and, as it states, an introduction.

Penguin also has some guides to literature. For instance, the Penguin book of American Verse is a collection of, what Penguin sees as, the basics of American verse.

Some examples of 'good' poets: T.S. Eliot, William Blake, John Donne, Shakespeare, William Wordsworth and a few more you will probably introduce yourself to. Also try to read some translations of Petrarch, unless you know Italian/Latin.
>>
Ode Less Travelled, or, Rhymes' Reason
+
The Norton Anthology of English Poetry, or, Harold Bloom's Best Poems of the English Language
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.