[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Comfy books portrait of the artist as a young man is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 67.jpg (73KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
73KB, 601x601px
ITT: Comfy books
portrait of the artist as a young man is the penultimate next to the hobbit desu senpai
>>
Don Quixote is the single comfiest book
>>
>hobbit
>comfy

Apropos of its pedestrian prose that sends one to sleep?
>>
>>7661088
>that usage of apropos
You clearly are a Hobbit scholar.
>>
[L]ulled into such an opium-like listlessness of vacant, unconscious reverie is this absent-minded youth by the blending cadence of waves with thoughts, that at last he loses his identity; takes the mystic ocean at his feet for the visible image of that deep, blue, bottomless soul, pervading mankind and nature; and every strange, half-seen, gliding, beautiful thing that eludes him; every dimly-discovered, uprising fin of some undiscernible form, seems to him the embodiment of those elusive thoughts that only people the soul by continually flitting through it. In this enchanted mood, thy spirit ebbs away to whence it came; becomes diffused through time and space; like Wickliff's sprinkled Pantheistic ashes, forming at last a part of every shore the round globe over.
>>
What do you mean by "comfy"?
>>
>>7661076
>tfw you will never be this smart poet guy at comfy irish uni, casually talking with friends in latin
>>
File: clifford d simack city.jpg (45KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
clifford d simack city.jpg
45KB, 338x500px
guys it's a post-apocalyptic scenario about pacifist dogs telling stories of how humanity slowly dissipated over thousands of years and living in a country manor with your robot butler and talking dogs taking care of you
>>
File: redwall.jpg (325KB, 619x1012px) Image search: [Google]
redwall.jpg
325KB, 619x1012px
>>
>>7661192
I want to read that but can't find it anywhere. Found a ton of Simak's books but not that one.
>>
>>7661209
where are you? they recently republished it in the uk
>>
>>7661178
Hello, Reddit!
>>
Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien is super comfy.
>>
>>7661203
:')
>>
File: 1453083675127.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453083675127.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>7661076
Infinite meme

There's basically no subtext or onus on the reader to infer due to how maximally descriptive he is when making a point or explaining some aspect of the world.
>>
Lots of Calvino is very cozy
>>
>>7661107
OHHH fuck yes.
>>
>>7661082
Seconding this. Also The Magic Mountain.
>>
File: 609284.jpg (32KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
609284.jpg
32KB, 329x500px
>>
Bruno Schulz
>>
In Watermelon Sugar
>>
Leaves of grass
>>
Earth Abides especially after the civilization building starts
>>
File: Tolstoy.jpg (314KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoy.jpg
314KB, 2000x1000px
>>7661076
Anna Karenina

Though it isn't always comfy, when it is it's one of the comfiest books you'll ever read.

>Stepan "The Steve" Oblonsky, the comfiest character in all of western literature save Oblomov
>the greatest dog perspective in all of western literature
>those chapters where Levin goes to the club and everything is comfy and socially pleasant

Tolstoy knew comfy like he knew agriculture
>>
Théophile Gautier's short stories are extremely comfy.
>>
>>7661076
I've been putting myself to sleep with this the past few nights. I don't want it to end.
>>
>>7661076
moby dick
>>
>>7662902
176 pages
>>
Is A Hero of Our Time comfy?
>>
>>7661107
Moby Dick was ultra tier comfy. He had a chapter about the comfiest way to lie in bed on a cold day. I mean.. You can't argue with that.
>>
File: steinbeck1.jpg (915KB, 2847x3284px) Image search: [Google]
steinbeck1.jpg
915KB, 2847x3284px
The Cannery Row Trilogy:
Tortilla Flat
Cannery Row
Sweet Thursday
>>
>>7662995
not really
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.