[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is writing the beginning of a story the hardest part?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is writing the beginning of a story the hardest part?
>>
No, what's difficult is the middle.
>>
>>7658559

It is for me I can never fucking figure out what to say at the beginning. I always start with some stupid fucking description

>the car made its way into town
>he sat there
>the room was not entirely dark

Just kill me, I compulsively read the opening sentences of all my favourite authors and desu its kind of comforting to know that their all pretty banal as well.
>>
Committing to routine until routine is habit and forcing all distractions out of your life what may subvert this habit is arguably the most difficult part of writing.
>>
sometimes i write the middle first
>>
File: 1411452536778.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1411452536778.png
146KB, 480x352px
>>7658559
No, beginning to write a story is the hardest part
>>
>>7658595

Man I've been doing this for the past two weeks and I'm getting so fucking good at it, the quality of the shit I'm putting out is increasing fucking exponentially but just today two of my roomates came back from holidays and both of them bought their gfs with them to move in, we've got this place packed out with 6 people and it's cramped as fuck and it's just killing every bit of concentration I have.
>>
???
Writing is easy
>>
Right now my problem is actually coming up with a beginning to the story that's actually fun to write. Media res seems like the easiest solution but it risks spoiling major plot elements, and to be perfectly honest, the story isn't really well-planned out beyond mechanics
>>
>>7658587

You don't start writing by trying to come up with the most awesome opening line of all time. You just start telling your story from a meaningful point and that's it.
>>
>>7658572
This.
>>
>>7658607

Just gotta learn to block it out bro
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.