[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maximum knowledge has always been my ideal. I am so attracted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

Maximum knowledge has always been my ideal. I am so attracted by it simply because the more you know, the more in control you are. I know this sounds edgy, but I have spent hours thinking about this. I have fantasized about knowing everything and that gives me shivers every time.
The fictional character that scratches this itch of mine the most if Light Yagami. It may be weaboo behavior, but I idolize his pre-Kira lifestyle- perfect student, resourceful, calm, confident, well spoken.
Recommend me books that will make me feel more in control, more confident in my knowledge, motivated to learn more.
>>
>>7657347
Give up. You will never be an expert in anything.
>>
you can't know anything
prove me wrong
>>
File: 1391290537340.png (508KB, 567x563px) Image search: [Google]
1391290537340.png
508KB, 567x563px
It's a fictional character, it's impossible to spend so much time studying and in the same time getting social experierience to act so cool
>>
>>7657359
I am not saying that I want to know EVERYTHING.
But more than the average Joe, just really
knowledgeable. Smart enough to be confident in my abilities and brains.
>>
>>7657371
protip: you can't
>>
>>7657361
Nah man, there are people like that out there, the true alphas. They are pretty rare tho
>extremely smart
>successful in everything
>extremely social, lots of friends and beautiful girlfriends
>fit and good looking
>very nice people, will help you out with everything they can
I know a couple of guys like this
>>
>>7657380
this!
I know people like this as well.
I've always wondered if it's possible to become a ''true alpha'' through dedication and hard work or do you just have to be born with it?
>>
>>7657380
they are just really good at hiding their disadvantages
>>
>>7657347
Knowledge doesn't only have to be about material things and classes. Oftentimes, the most you learn is out of class and out of books, which although you've heard that before, is incredibly true in being in control of your own environment, your own thoughts and your emotions.

Think about the one thing in common between all that you've learned, that is most beneficial and most fundamental in your life. The answer is that it is very uncomfortable and very difficult.

When you encounter a social situation in which you don't know what the outcome is going to be, and you don't exactly know how to act, it's awkward and nerve wracking and you don't want to be there. But then, you watch, you probably make a mistake, but then you learn, and then you never make that mistake in that situation again. Similarly, this can be applied to a question on a test that totally pushes your thinking capacity to the absolute limits, and you're barely able to solve it, and it stresses the shit out of you. But then if you get it right, it's not only incredibly satisfying, but you will never get that same question wrong on a test again.

However, the most important things that you learn not only will not come from only reading a book, they simply can't. Doing nothing but reading will only greatly inflate your perception of your own intelligence and your ability, and you will be absolutely unable to examine your capability, your strengths and weaknesses, and how to become the best person you can possibly be, and you will become an ignorant, deluded individual. Instead, it's necessary to examine your own life in depth, question what you know, and above all, avoid comfort and familiarity. That's how you become the character from whatever fucking anime you're talking about.
>>
>>7657361
>who is Hegel
>>
File: knowledge.jpg (32KB, 639x359px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge.jpg
32KB, 639x359px
>>7657347
is this you, op?
>>
>>7657380
I bet i read more books than they
>>
>>7657449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIwTG8V-Ko
had to be posted
>>
File: 1454513006197.png (297KB, 2685x3365px) Image search: [Google]
1454513006197.png
297KB, 2685x3365px
>>7657347

>”the more you know, the more in control you are”

Bullshit.

>”I have fantasized about knowing everything”

Why?

>”I idolize his pre-Kira lifestyle- perfect student, resourceful, calm, confident, well spoken”

Why?

>”make me feel more in control, more confident in my knowledge, motivated to learn more”

Why?

I’m not trying to troll you or anything, but you need to understand the basis of your own motivations. Most all our motivations stem from our desires, which are ultimately dictated by our ideological dispositions. The thing about ideology is that they are a series of beliefs and values that have been behaviorally embedded into us since children(i.e., the things we generally make meaning out of). Ultimately, they are things we are taught to interpret to be true. Furthermore, ideology is subconscious (as I said, they have been behaviorally embedded into us through positive and negative forms of reinforcement).

The things you will realize is that all your motivations in life stems from these ideologies (i.e., socially constructed and relative meanings that you will interpret to be true, but which actually have nothing to do with truth whatsoever). In other words, by operating on these ideologies, you are letting your life be lead by mental illusions that aren’t real, making your life a lie. I consider ideology one of the greatest social sicknesses from which society suffers.

Nature is mute. The wind doesn’t use words. The planet is impartial and nature is decidedly indifferent. Life’s absurd; and if you only care to have control (as you stated in your first quote), then you are nothing but a Deleuzian “desiring-machine” operating on the basis of Foucauldian power.
>>
>>7657512
It's human nature to find patterns.
To seek control.
Are you suppressing nature itself?
>>
>>7657588
>It's human nature to find patterns. To seek control.

Nobody really knows what human nature is; so what you said is incorrect. Chomsky and Foucault had a debate on this a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wfNl2L0Gf8
>>
>>7657609
I should also add that though human beings have an innate ability to learn a language (as Chomsky poses with his idea of a "language organ"), the concepts and ideals we create with that language are socially constructed. Language ultimately creates cultures; and culture influences our language. This is why speech patterns tend to change over time and why the hard sciences use Latin (a dead language) for their terminologies.

Just remember, as McKenna once stated: "culture is not your friend." Don't fall victim to someone else's "BS" (their Belief Systems as RAW once stated).
>>
>”I have fantasized about knowing everything”

One more thing. Knowing everything is an impossibility since our language is too limited to convey certain truths.

Since language is limited (including mathematical logic as Kurt Godel showed), certain truths will forever remain outside our grasp or understanding.

Since our language is limited (and inherently flawed), there (1) may be things we can prove but which aren't true, and (2) things we can never come to prove, but which may be true. Our language is, ultimately, "incomplete." We cannot think outside of the box of language, making human creativity and/or knowledge of understanding limited (this is something even Chomsky has talked about and agreed with at great lengths as well).
>>
File: 1454521979800.jpg (34KB, 290x284px) Image search: [Google]
1454521979800.jpg
34KB, 290x284px
>>7657392
>>
King Lear.
>>
>>7657347
>the more you know, the more in control you are.
False. If intelligence and knowledge are overrated.
>>
You only know the same quantity of information as everyone else on the earth.
>>
>Recommend me books that will make me feel more in control, more confident in my knowledge, motivated to learn more

'Thinking Fast and Slow' then you give up. You are romanticizing intelligence, not that bad at all since we need a little glamour to keep going without getting bored. You can't know everything. You can read 10 books about 100 different topics but since you are not putting anything in practice nor reflecting and trying to develop something from what you got, your brain will just forgive what you read.

Why you need to feel more in control? You will always have little control nigga, you can be narcissist and believe you are 100% right every time but that won't make you control your surroundings. This is classic OCD behavior but I completely normal for your young age. Don't worry aging will take care of it. Also never forget that some things are better in our imagination. To make them true you would need to give too much in exchange to get little in return.
>>
File: 1389340626897.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1389340626897.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>7657669
>you can't know everything
No shit? Did you really have to invoke Gödel's Incompleteness to convince yourself of this?

This is why STEM fags have such a bad rep.
>>
>>7657449

knawledge will get you a newlamberginiere
>>
You would clearly rather fantasize about being great than put in the effort necessary to achieve such a goal. Just go outside dude.
>>
>>7657512
>beliefs and values that have been behaviorally embedded into us since children(i.e., the things we generally make meaning out of).

the author?
>>
>>7657347
"We're all ignorant, just in different ways." -Dr. Ravi Zacharias

That's coming from one of the wisest and most intelligent man I know.
>>
>>7657347
a bit of a different angle, but you should read this
>>
>>7657512

The ultimate nature of human destiny is to seek patterns and to understand.

You're denying reality.
>>
>>7662364
>le wacky human nature meme

Prove human nature exists.
>>
>>7662364
the ultimate nature of man is death, sugarplum
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.