[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying literature isn't too far gone at this point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1454506331841.jpg (451KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454506331841.jpg
451KB, 4040x626px
>implying literature isn't too far gone at this point
>>
lmao that picture is autistic as fuck

>waaah people who I don't like do what I do but worse

Just ignore them senpai
>>
The founders of literature are so disenfranchised with the state of their community they invested so much time into that they left altogether to start a new one?
>>
>>7655893
go back to r9k please
>>
Look m8 I am not trying to speak in a holier than thou manner in saying this because I used to think exactly like you and sometimes think that I was right but check this out:

We live in a time where there is more stuff then ever. The sheer amount of things which not only exist but which we can grasp automatically devalues any art form. For instance, go to bandcamp and type a genre into the search tags bar, you will find so much stuff that even if you did it passively you could never ever listen to it all. Now what does this mean? Does this mean that, whatever genre of music you like has no good new contributions and that you should just give up and listen to the classics constantly? That is the coward's way out my friend.

I argue that contrary to your point today is a time where we can truly appreciate good works of art. Because virtually all types of art are completely oversaturated with things and so much of them are generic or boring, and because finding something good is basically completely up to the observer himself now, when we do stumble upon something unique or at least that we personally enjoy we experience a moment that is about as close to true unmediated appreciation and connection with a work that you can get.
>>
>>7655893
The Man Booker short list and Nobel were really solid this year, you shitters say this garbage and then dont actually read contemporary literature.

Pathetic
>>
>>7655991
>this year
>>
>>7656047
What year do you want? Faggot OP is saying literature is dying and this year there were tons of great books. OP is thus full of shit.
>>
>>7656055
woosh
>>
>>7655991
You have no idea what the Nobel shortlist this year is you retard. That shit ain't publicized for 50 years.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.