[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kindle Jailbreak 5.6.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Amazon_Kindle_Paperwhite.jpg (56KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_Kindle_Paperwhite.jpg
56KB, 770x433px
Just a heads up if you use a newer kindle, are on firmware version 5.6.5 and want to jailbreak. Amazon is pushing their new software which adds some relatively minor new features and probably fixes some possible exploit possibilities. The author of the 5.6.5 jailbreak held it back until now to give Amazon time to fix their holes but will release it in the next couple of days on the mobileread forums. If you want to jailbreak DO NOT turn off airplane mode from now on.
Personally I look forward to finally being able to use Koreader on my pw2 again.
>>
What is even the point of it?
>>
>>7655398

It allows you to use custom reading and other software on your paperwhite, allowing you to use other formats than mobi and azw3 for example.
>>
>>7655404
Is that it? Most ebooks I pirate come in those file formats anyways, and if they don't it takes a second of converting. Seems like an unneeded bother
>>
>>7655408

Fuck no, there are all kinds of shit, have a look at the kindle dev forums on mobileread.com
Custom Fonts, Screensavers. As a pirate myself, I get almost all of my stuff as .epubs because it is cleaner to convert them to .azw3, which is objectively better than mobi. Might as well just read the epubs as is and never have to convert again.

I am not trying to sell anything dude, just a PSA, do what you want.
>>
Does it work for voyage too? Can I go back after?
>>
>>7655474

Sure it does. All latest gen kindles run on same software. For going back to default you'd just need to turn wifi on and let it update firmware.

But really if you're satisfied with default reader, and not that into fiddling with advanced settings, custom screensavers and fonts, there is nothing special in it. For the rest it's actually pretty big deal, since latest kindles have introduced heavier encryption to it's operating system and that killed may of things that were doable previously with default software.
>>
>>7655891
I would LOVE to finally have the bookcover as screensaver (as I did with the kobo), but I have no idea about the usufulness of different fonts. Are those two the only big improvements with a jailbreaked kindle?

I don't care about formats because I use calibre so it's not hard to send an epub to the device.
>>
>>7655391
So what kind of Kindle do I buy if I want to just enjoy books, change fonts, you know - the basic functionality? No internet, no backlight, no tactical flashlight.
>>
>>7655896
Yeah I just want the fucking cover as the screen saver.
>>
>>7655907

Just the basic one for 99.99 without special offers. If you don't care for the Amazon environment I'd actually go for some basic Kobo without any bullshit attached, easy to modify too.
>>
>>7655930
Hm, Kobo sounds fine, then. I want to pirate books, so any more open-ended device will do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.