[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
I MAJORED IN LIT
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Fraud.jpg (94 KB, 640x667) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fraud.jpg
94 KB, 640x667
I MAJORED IN LIT

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET A JOB

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE

I LIKE WRITING AND READING BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE
>>
Do volunteer work and build up a resume. Look into editorial work or technical writing

good luck dave man
>>
>>7648085
>majored
Oh boy. Bit late to be asking now.

Anyway, my advice is to go and teach English somewhere.
>>
>>7648085
just be yourself
>>
>>7648085
Graduate school PhD path!!!
>>
>>7648118
WHAT DO I STUDY?
I LIKE TOO MANY THINGS TO STUDY 1 THING
>>
>>7648118
OP wants a job though. You're just throwing fuel on the no job fire.
>>
>>7648125
Pick someone else within the field of literature that interests you.
>>
>>7648085
Get off of /lit/, you will only hear memes from here.
Go to a jobposting website.
Look at administrative assistant jobs that will not take people without a degree
Copyedit shit
Some technical writing places will train you if you majored in lit. I know a place called Epic in Madison, WI that will do it.
Some states will allow you to teach without a license or ed degree.
Tutor kids for the SAT
Don't listen to STEM memes
Don't respond to STEM posters
If you're desperate, there is transcription work always, and I bet you can type fairly quickly
Work in non-literary publishing, it's easier to get into
Never reply to STEM posters
>>
>>7648085
I don't see any point in majoring in Lit if you aren't planning on going the PhD --> Professor path. Otherwise, just study Lit on your own time, and use the university for things that can't be learned on your own.
>>
https://youtu.be/YGIKZALy2Gw?t=319

Doomed to become a teacher desu
>>
Try peace corps senpai. It's a 2 year gig but you get to teach English in other countries. When you come back you get about 10,000 for your service and it looks pretty impressive on a resume believe it or not
>>
>>7648085
you ask on a chink fishing board what to do with your like of course
>>
>>7649801
Not OP, but honestly thanks for this. I never would have thought of it.
>>
Congratulations, you played yourself.
>>
>>7649801
>>7649875

Yeah but you have to get two refetences and one of them has to be a friend that is not in your family and known you for a couple of years.
>>
where do you guys look for work on the internets? like, if I wanted to work in a pleasant little shop with co-workers who aren't the slaves of a massive conglomerate?
>>
>>7649905
Sounds fine to me senpai, thanks for the heads up
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 482357

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.