[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the title of that Joyce story where some old guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1429745718633.jpg (82KB, 661x821px) Image search: [Google]
1429745718633.jpg
82KB, 661x821px
What's the title of that Joyce story where some old guy sits down next to a couple kids and starts jerking off in front of them?
>>
I think you mean An Encounter but that's really not what happened.
>>
What is the source of this picture?
>>
>>7646450
What happened then?
>>
>>7646454
He raped his little sister, Phoebe.
>>
>>7646450
I'm pretty sure it did.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Encounter

>>7646451
>Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat
>>
>>7646463
So not only
>There is no textual proof that the man does in fact masturbate: all is left to the reader to judge
but also
>the man excuses himself and it is implied that he touches himself before returning to the boys
and you interpret this as
>sits down next to a couple kids and starts jerking off in front of them
>>
I didn't read that into it at all, i wonder what pedo edited the wikipedia article for it
>>
>>7646473
>At one point, the man excuses himself and it is implied that he touches himself before returning to the boys.
>Implying
Yes I do.
>>
How do you even reach that conclusion from the story
>>
>>7646502
It's pretty over the top, actually. There's at least one part where the kids talk about what the guy's doing like it's something shocking. It was the one thing I remembered from the story.
>>
>>7646473
literallye veryone who studies joyce agrees that's what happened
>>
>>7646509
After a long while his monologue paused. He stood up slowly, saying that he had to leave us for a minute or so, a few minutes, and, without changing the direction of my gaze, I saw him walking slowly away from us towards the near end of the field. We remained silent when he had gone. After a silence of a few minutes I heard Mahony exclaim:
>>
>>7646516
Cont
"I say! Look what he's doing!" As I neither answered nor raised my eyes Mahony exclaimed again: "I say… He's a queer old josser!" In case he asks us for our names," I said "let you be Murphy and I'll be Smith." We said nothing further to each other. I was still considering whether I would go away or not when the man came back and sat down beside us again. Hardly had he sat down when Mahony, catching sight of the cat which had escaped him, sprang up and pursued her across the field. The man and I watched the chase. The cat escaped once more and Mahony began to throw stones at the wall she had escaladed. Desisting from this, he began to wander about the far end of the field, aimlessly
>>
>>7646462

No, that's Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>7646520
What the Sam Hill do you think a "queer old josser" is?
>>
I thought he was just taking a piss. Guess I wasn't reading that closely.
>>
>>7646532
Strange old idiot.
>>
>>7646532
Yeah, now I kinda see it. His behaviour is queer from the beginning, but the
>I say! Look what he's doing!
points out that something is happening. Could be taking a piss tho.
>>
>>7646537
Goddamn, the the creep>>7646547
rattles about how he would spank a bad kid with no mercy
God yall some misreading boyz
>>
>>7646513
You are wrong.
He does jerk off, but not while fucking sitting right next to them
>>
>>7646558
That's what they did, though.
>>
>>7646560
oh sorry i didn't read that part. usually you get people fighting you on "OMG IT DIDNT SAY HE WAS JERKING OFF" which is what i thought was the disagreement was over.
>>
The stuff that happens in Ulysses and Finnegans Wake make this seem innocent
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.