[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started writing jokes when I was 12 >they were all meant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: great.jpg (711KB, 3500x2336px) Image search: [Google]
great.jpg
711KB, 3500x2336px
>started writing jokes when I was 12
>they were all meant to be groany-worthy pun jokes and would just come to me
>added to them throughout highschool
>had dreams of writing a joke book
>jokes slowed down to pretty much a halt in university
>write shitty poetry instead
>came across the notes one day and finally transferred them to soft copy, add up to about 300
>left unread for the last few years
>come across it today, decide to read a few funnies
>they're all just bad, not funny-bad, just bad
>lose all faith in my sense of humour, no longer transcribe my jokes

When did you give up on your creativity?
>>
Everyone knows jokes are spontaneous, not written down. That's a pleb way of being funny. Stand-up is shit.
>>
Something you wrote as an early adolescent was bad? Wow that means you'll never amount to anything in life, you might as well kill yourself.

Idiot.
>>
all i'm getting from this is that you've improved enough to see the failures of your past work

in which case well done anon!
>>
>>7644234
I'm sure you'd feel no emotional impact tossing aside something you had invested years writing.
>>
>>7644249
What does that have to do with losing all faith in your sense of humour and creativity?
>>
>>7644251
It's a long-term creative comedic effort, what's not to get?

It doesn't matter at what stage of life it was written, the main point is seeing that the piece is no longer up to personal standards and now worthless. Expired. Now an entirely new foundation needs to be created on the basis that all past work is trash.

I'm sure you could appreciate the short term impact of this situation.
>>
>>7644263
Yeah that's why Picasso gave up painting when someone showed him the dried pasta he'd glued to coloured paper in primary school.
>>
please post some of the jokes
>>
>>7644294

Look on my works and despair. Here are some of the first and some of the last.

(Ages 12-13)
What do you call an unhappy tent? Discontent
Why did Hezbollah buy boxes of ‘dungeons and dragons’? They wanted RPGS
What do you call an anxious tent? Tentative

(Ages 17-18)
what do you call a manly artificial face? Maskuline
how do you serve illegally caught eggs? Poached
Why does garbage have such low self esteem? Because it keeps getting dumped
>>
>>7644304
>12- 13
>know what Hezbollah is
Do you live in Israel or Lebanon?
>>
>>7644304
>Why did Hezbollah buy boxes of ‘dungeons and dragons’? They wanted RPGS
I liked that one.
>>
>>7644313
Nowhere near.

I honestly have no idea, probably news or lebanese school kids.
>>
>>7644304

The jokes penned ages 12-13 are exceptional for such an age, but there seems to be no evolution in the space of 5 years, so you end up in a situation where you're an 18 YO in arrested development rather than a precocious 12 YO.
>>
>>7644304
>Anonymous 01/31/16(Sun)04:35:41 No.76

you like jokes about tents
>>
>>7644304
You don't Catch eggs. So meta
>>
>>7644335
You've obviously never played that one game where you catch eggs. You throw them in the air.
>>
>>7644335
Illegally hunted then
>>
>>7644322
for all intents and purposes
>>
>>7644322
I was on a camping trip at the time
>>
File: images (21).jpg (12KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
12KB, 313x470px
>>7644319
>click on thread expecting anons posting jokes
>get this reminder of my stagnation
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.