[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know /lit/ usually looks down on Fantasy books but how do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 179033.jpg (32KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
179033.jpg
32KB, 309x475px
I know /lit/ usually looks down on Fantasy books but how do you feel about this series?

It's probably the best fantasy series by a long way in my opinion. If you haven't read it I suggest you do, the character is very similar to the average /lit/ poster in the first few chapters.
>>
stumbled across this trilogy in a thrift store, bought it on a whim, then moved and somehow lost vol 1 (still have 2 and 3) before i started it. i've seen complete sets since then, but don't want to just snag the first and leave the other two to rot. would love to know if it's worth pursuing more aggressively.
>>
There's a whole thread called the slum for retards like you. I'm sure you can find it.
>>
>>7643275
nope, sorry. too retarded. staying here.

but thanks for the bump. :)
>>
>>7642237
>main character's first action upon entering Narnia is raping someone

EDGY
D
G
Y
>>
>>7643312
is that really how it starts?
>>
>>7643328
It's been a while but yeah. The deal is that MC doesn't believe the fantasy world is real so he just acts like a sociopath despite being the chosen one.

I didn't really like it but it appeals to certain people. Certain people who I imagine watch certain chinese cartoons about people entering MMORPG worlds and being overpowered and getting all da bitches and other wish fulfillment stuff.
>>
>>7643374
that might be kind of amusing.

>fuck it, i'm dreaming!
>>
>>7643380
More like
>REEE bitches in the real world never gave me the time of day so i'll rape this elf girl who thinks i'm the chosen one, what a sucker

I'm not moralfagging or anything but the potentially interesting premise is marred by a mediocre execution imo. Not 0/10, but not anything I'd actually recommend. If you want adventuring heroes who like fucking exotic girls and spending their gold on ales and whores i'd recommend the Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser books by Fritz Lieber and many other things like Thiefworld or even Mythadventures(which only dubiously counts) before finally getting to The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
>>
>>7643405
oh, that's disappointing. thanks for the warning.

chasing lieber has brought up some entertaining looking stuff. thanks for that, too. i'm going to keep my eyes upen for his work.
>>
it's been a long while but what i remember is the main character being a continual asshole. i finished the book to see how it ended but had zero desire to read more in the series.
>>
>Thomas Covenant

What a fucking shit name
>>
>>7643312
Donaldson seems to have a thing for rape. His Gap Cycle series is pretty good, but the first couple of books are a rapists wet dream.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.