[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to read next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have 9 books that I can't decide what to read next. From top left to the right I have:

1. Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People
2. A Struggle for Power; it's about the American Revolution
3. The Axe and the Oath; it's about the Medieval Age
4. The Holy Bible
5. A Piece of the Sun; it's about Fusion energy
6. A Very Short Introduction: Fascism
7. King Lear
8. A MidSummer's Night Dream
9. Dostoyevsky's Demons
>>
Lad you could have easily posted this in the QTDDTOT thread
>>
>>7631313
read the dostoyevsky and the fusion energy book
then about the revolution and some shakespear
>>
>>7631313

Toss the rest
>>
>>7631332
The board's been annihilated by this kind of bullshit compounded with the fact that /his/ applies to everything this board used to be about save "fiction". It probably pushed off some thread with a dude in a roach costume and something about Kafka. You'll be o.k.

OP I'd compound one of those Shakespeares with that little book on fascism. What is the book with Jesus on it? The OT and NT? And which version? You can chip away at that while you read anything. People who read the entire Bible like a novel are some of the biggest try-hard pieces of trash on the planet, and you'll get next-to-nothing out of it.
>>
>>7631313
>he bought a Shakespeare edition that is not from Arden

kek

srsly tho, the Arden edition for King Lear was top notch, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>7631357
>he wants editions with more annotations than play text
>he needs notes and annotations to understand shakespeare
>he doesn't internalized

top pleb
>>
>>7631352
It's the Ignatius Bible. Naturally it had both old and new Testaments. What do you mean by compound reading?
>>
>>7631359
>he doesn't want to debate or agree with the ideas of other critics
>he doesn't want top quality texts with good annotations
>he doesn't want to be a scholar

plebbest of plebs
>>
>>7631397
I mean you could double up and read both at once, that's what I'd do. And I'd chip away at the Bible while I did that.
>>
>>7631406
my text cut off. it shouldve said

>he doesn't have the entirety of shakespearen scholarship internalized

point remains you are the pleb :)
>>
>>7631406
Get a load of this bub.
>>
>>7631313
>Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People

Take this book into your courtyard, pour some alcohol or any inflammable liquid over it and then burn it.
>>
>>7631454
It seems a lot of people here dislike me the book. I heard people's lives have changed because of that book. Why the hate?
>>
File: 1450111312729.jpg (83KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
1450111312729.jpg
83KB, 500x579px
>>7631466
>people's lives have changed because of that book
>>
>>7631466
>>7631454
>>7631474
To be fair, it can be useful for people who are really bad at socializing, it's an easy fast read too.
>>
>>7631466
It's more about workplace behavior, particularly of the directive sort, than day to day life.

Carnegie also never finished it.
>>
>>7631466
The only thing it teaches you is that if you let people piss all over you, they will at least like you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.