[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cozy fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

post the last cozy empty fiction you read. Pic related: edgiest title i've seen in ages
>>
File: Cold_mountain_novel_cover.jpg (24KB, 321x498px) Image search: [Google]
Cold_mountain_novel_cover.jpg
24KB, 321x498px
>>7630977
A local book club I sometimes visit is reading "All the Light..." next month. Was it good, anon? Or should I skip it?
>>
>>7630977
>>7631092

My mother said it was the best book she has read in the last few years, and has begged me to read it. I have it awkwardly sitting in a pile in my room.
>>
Working myself up for this one.
>>
>>7631113
>>7631092

to both of you: it's really trite. it's that type of "lyrical" writing that gets praised and really is just a bunch of rhetoric that doesn't evoke anything or tell much of anything. It's a slightly-better-written YA novel, is what I'm saying.
>>
File: V2Nlg8AWg2AC?fife=w300-rw.jpg (66KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
V2Nlg8AWg2AC?fife=w300-rw.jpg
66KB, 300x444px
>>7631133
I'm going to have to read it for my mum anyways. Is it like book related? I get similar feels reading the cover
>>
>>7631133
Shit, man I had a feeling in my gut that's exactly what it would be like. Thanks for saving me the effort senpai
>>
>>7631137

I read that book when I was 10. I don't remember much other than it being a formulaic war novel about a jewish girl. I'd say the OP is a bit better, and certainly better written, but it's middlebrow and doesn't really require much critical thinking. It's the sort of book that wins awards and then fades into obscurity about 10 years (or less) later. It's not memorable, it's shoddy, but it's not any worse than "mediocre".
>>
Family Life - Russell Banks (anyone read this? I like it so far. It's very short.)
American Pastoral - Philip Roth

I plan on reading The Western Lands by Burroughs and The Waste Land by Eliot next. Heard good things about these.
>>
>>7631114
Is the book any good? I've been thinking of getting a copy
>>
File: 51DOm4DYhqL._SY400_.jpg (7KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
51DOm4DYhqL._SY400_.jpg
7KB, 259x400px
Should have just watched the movie desu
>>
>>7631092
OP here. Totally give it a read. It's pretty devoid of literary merit and the ending feels self indulgent and cliché, but it's really nice to read thanks to the brief vignette structure and you'll probably tear through it in under a week.
I think it deserved the Pulitzer even if it isn't something that changed my life.
>>
was free on amazon. kind of "cozy" erotica i guess, would recommend
>>
>>7631168

I think we're supposed to post bad books ITT. Unless you're some kind of mega patrician and those are popcorn reads to you.

>>7631890

Any other such books that you could recommend? Do you know your way around that stuff? It seems like there is an avalanche of erotica on the internet.
>>
start with the chuck tingle classics
>>
>>7631929
there is a lot, you have to just poke around until you find the interesting stuff. it's hit/miss most of the time. i like the weird stuff though. pic related
>>
>>7631092
Cold Mountain is the quintessential book club core book for Americans, had to read it in a class, its mediocre, no one really argues that it's very good but it's not really contentious for critique, it's explicit in its themes and as straightforward as they come with a tour of the American South. Shitty but not repulsive, would give to my mom.
>>
>>7631114
>>7631189

I'm about 70% through this. So far, I would not recommend it. Not good enough for how long it is
>>
>>7632108
I'm the anon who posted Cold Mountain. Just wanted to say I couldn't agree with you more (and I did recommend it to my mother. She's a sucker for antebellum stuff)
>>
File: maximumcomfy.jpg (78KB, 460x764px) Image search: [Google]
maximumcomfy.jpg
78KB, 460x764px
>>
>>7630977
I unironically think V is pretty cozy.
>>
>>7630977
Well there's a great range of radiation wavelenghts human eyes aren't able to perceive, does that have anything to do with the themes of the book?.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.