[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that if you read more than two chapters of Dune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: dune-illustrated-217x300.gif (42KB, 217x300px) Image search: [Google]
dune-illustrated-217x300.gif
42KB, 217x300px
Daily reminder that if you read more than two chapters of Dune Before dropping it you are a pleb
>>
>Look Mom I did it again!
>>
Oh thank god, I only got to the end of one before getting fed up with all the force fed info. Whatever happened to exposition? Info dumping is a cancer, especially in science fiction. Discovering a world with the characters does wonders for a setting, Bradbury being a fantastic example of Sci fi without the plebiscite writing.
>>
>>7627987
stupidity, the post
>>
>>7627987
>I only got to the end of one before getting fed up with all the force fed info
this, the plot was written like a christopher nolan film
>>
>>7627987
Heh, you reminded me of the opening of (one cut of?) the Lynch film. Several minutes of exposition as the camera moves in front of a painting of the characters. I can see how that might be necessary, but that is really not how you make movies.
>>
>>7628020
what lynch film?
>>
>>7628037
Dune, naturally.
>>
>>7628020
This only happens in the extended version, wich Lynch did not have control. This version was heavily edited and stretched, and he even asked for his name to be taken out of the credits.
>>
look at all these plebs who first of all have no patience and second of all missing out on a treat in philosophical literature
>>
>>7627971
>he opened it at all
>>
>>7627971
Go suck a dick, Dune is cool, needing to categorize others as pleb, patrician, whatever comes from insecurity and low self-worth.
>>
>>7627971
You're a faggot OP. I read Dune and didn't really like it, but I managed to finish the book just fine. I'm sorry people don't conform to your autistic standards
>>
>I fucking love the Dune film (not even the faithful TV miniseries that properly adapted the book, literally the shit movie)
>hate the book with a burning passion
what is wrong with me
>>
Well I mean if you want to get technical it isn't explicitly broken into chapters, there's just a break for a quote and an entirely new scene starts.
>>
it has its flaws, but I love it.
>>
Dialy reminder that if you dropped Dune before the Emperor God you're a turbopleb.
>>
File: Cymekanderasmus.jpg (204KB, 738x452px) Image search: [Google]
Cymekanderasmus.jpg
204KB, 738x452px
I thoroughly enjoyed the History of Dune.
>>
>>7627971
I read three before dropping, what does that make me?
>>
>protagonist is a teenager

DROPPED
>>
>>7629231
because you like seeing sting in a speedo
>>
>Not enjoying Lord of The Rings in space
>>
I wasn't much impressed with it either, and has currently put it on a break, but
>reading only two chapters before deciding to drop something
And you're supposed to be a /lit/ard?
>>
>>7629978
A pleb
>>
>>7629982
Pleb.
>>
>>7627971
You just can't see the terrible purpose.The plots within plots.The meanings within meanings.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.