[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol & Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Jura-08082012-191.jpg (705KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jura-08082012-191.jpg
705KB, 800x1200px
So it turns out drinking is a great way to write angry and sad chapters of books.

Last night I got wasted on whisky by myself for Burns Night and wrote the best diatribe I've ever written. I can't for the life of me remember writing it but reading it this morning impressed me. I must have churned out 1,500 words of eloquent anger in a couple of hours.

How do you use writing to justify your addictions /lit/?
>>
post excerpt

guaranteed it's shit
>>
>>7626992

http://pastebin.com/QLxc5M8b

Historical Fiction set in 1929 around the evacuation of the Scottish Isle of St Kilda. The moment where the main character (Finn, 15 year old) realises it was his own people that agreed to the evacuation.

Pls be nice anon.
>>
>>7627025

By the way, I'm aware it reads somewhat like unedited stream-of-consciousness but I thought that added to the raw emotion that the character was feeling.

The only editing I did was grammar.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (6KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
6KB, 320x180px
"Could they not see the recourse of their actions?"

It's not bad I guess. It doesn't really have as much pep as you think it does.
>>
>>7627051

I think I meant consequence... No idea why I said recourse.

Do you think it actually needs more pep or do you just think I thought it had more?
>>
>>7627025
heavyhanded and cliche-laden genre-fiction tier prose and narrative. you probably write more than you read.

>eloquent anger
>eloquent

yea ok buddy
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (25KB, 301x251px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
25KB, 301x251px
>treasured island
mfw

>Historical Fiction set in 1929
>cancer as a metaphor

It's not terrible, better than what you'd expect from someone black-out drunk but will need heavy editing.
>>
>>7627061

Nah I hardly ever write - this is the first thing I've written and I'm only ~28k words in. I definitely read a lot more than I write seeing as I've been reading "proper" books all my life and only been writing for the past 6 months.

Fair enough - maybe I hyped it up a bit, bear in mind that this is the first bit of prose writing I've ever attempted and I'm not trying to hold it to a high standard. Perhaps you could give me some pointers, or are you just content with putting me down and then leaving?
>>
>>7627083

Yeah actually I did cringe when reading that line. I was cautious about editing it as I wanted to preserve the writing as it was when I wrote it pissed. Maybe not a good idea in retrospect.
>>
>>7626979
>jura whiskey

Nice taste, lad
>>
>>7627025
>raw stubbornness
>driven substance

I'm too lazy to make a judgement on the entire passage, it didn't seem bad to me, nor did it really seem good. Those two things bothered me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.