[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your magnum opus going to be like /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: book.jpg (10KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
10KB, 254x198px
What's your magnum opus going to be like /lit/?
>>
A readable version of Ulysses.
>>
>>7616924
A short pamphlet to my progeny and great...great...etc grandchildren somewhat prior to my death introducing myself and briefly listing what I have learned during my life, and wishing them best of luck in theirs.
>>
>>7616924
A secretly sentimental story serving a second, superior self scurrying through sceneries of season passed.
>>
I played heads or tails and the result is: X

To be, or not to be?
Heads, or tails?
The Universe is my will.

I plan on filling out the X after I've killed myself.
>>
>>7616924
I'm going to want it be my masturbatory wankfest about a disaffected modern youth descending into a surrealist symbolic representation of his hometown but no question society will decide my true great work will be my masturbatory wankfest about tumblr-tier lesbian peasant x princess action
>>
>>7616924
A metameme that critically deals with the relationship between the legacy of left- and right-wing Hegelian thought whilst advocating a phenomenologically aristocratic aesthetic theory, both of which come together to conclusively show that, unless we wish to descend into the chaotic blackness of nihilism, Rhodes must not fall.
>>
>>7616980
I'm not even sure I'm joking, regarder cet espace.
>>
>>7616980
I'd read it if it were longer than 400 pages.
>>
>>7616924
a genre fiction book about a impoverished noble becoming a kings jester/assassin. book 2 is about incestuous orphaned twins that get out of slums and by impersonating the dead they end up in a magic school. book 3 is about characters from book 1 and 2(or they may just cameo) coming together into 1 party (with some other characters) to help a princesses on the run.(there are other details but im too lazy to list them) so far I have not written a single word and probably never will.
>>
It's going to be a simple, wholesome story about a man and a dog. The man is retired and somewhat of a dillentate detective, and him and his dog go sniffing out for clues in lightly amusing and ultimately successful adventures exposing minor small town crimes, like who isn't bagging their dog litter or who graffitied on the underside of the slide in the local park.

It slowly gets revealed, however, that this man, this retired amateur low-level detective, actually has somewhat of a sexual inclination towards the young, the under-aged, is, in fact, a fully-fledged peadophile. Not only that but he can time travel. He goes to the year 2250AD, where equality has been almost entirely acheived: racial, sexual, intellectual, you name it. The final frontier of civil rights, the last step towards pure egalitarianism, alas, is peadophilia. He teams up with a fifteen year-old masturbation addict he spies on a school palayground whilst out lurking one day - the boy is campaigning for the legalization of public masturbation, which has been refused on the grounds that it discriminates against women more than voyeuers - to try and bring about true equality within the ranks of humanity.
>>
>>7616929
Ulysses is fairly readable. Is just want to know what Finnegans Wake is about without having to understand multilingual patrician puns.
>>
>>7617010
>school palayground
every will have VR schools, making people walk to school is discrimination so everyone will study from school.
>>
A readable version of Joyce's letters to Nora.
>>
I've got an idea to write a book completely in the form of a journal, has that ever been done?
>>
>>7616924
I don't yet know. I'm not experienced enough in writing to flesh out such a work. But I would hope that once I do finish it that people pull out from it all my ideals and apply them to their own lives. This would be enough for people to pull back their own freedoms and retain national identities.
>>
>>7617037
lol
>>
>>7617041
I'm serious though
;-;
>>
I have been toying with the idea of writing something set either in prehistoric Europe, or heavily borrowing from what we know about society and beliefs from the time period applied to a more contemporary setting.

I also wanted to base the narrative around lesser known European folk legends, or historical events that took place that most people won't have heard about.

I've started acquiring compilations of legends and history books, but I feel it'll be a long time before I get anything decent written.
>>
>>7616924
Better than yours.
>>
my diary desu

Either that or I'll take the 80 page transcription of dreams I had, gut it, and rewrite it as an actual decent story.

Or... a third... thing.

Someday.
>>
>>7617057
don't do it. people who try to write about others culture just come of as faggots speaking in broken language. if you are going to do a contemporary setting then obscure everything that shows your source (don't be like moontide quartet where is clearly the crusade)
>>
>>7617056
>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.