[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macbeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Have you watched the new adaptation? Thoughts?

Also, general Shakespeare thread, I guess.
>>
>>7616596
really want to watch this in the cinema. Only saw like a halfhour of the recently released torrent. Imo, Macbeth has amazing cinematography,I just cant fathom why they didnt push this movie more.
>>
>>7616604
because not that many people give a shit about shakespeare adaptations.

I'm very excited to see it
>>
>>7616596
it's i n c r e d i b l e
>>
>>7616614
>because not that many people give a shit about shakespeare adaptations.
I thought this as well. What a shame.

>>7616604
I've been waiting for the torrent for a long time and the cinema in my town didn't pay any attention to the movie.
>>
Has this movie the original dialogue or is it dumbed down?
>>
>>7616650
Original. Or at least great part of it
>>
>>7616654
Thanks, I might go see it alone tonight.
>>
does somebody know where i can find a non-torrent way to download this movie?

because i do not have internet at home and use university internet i cannot torrent
>>
>>7616675
just torrent the bitch instead of a shameful display of public autism

although the fact that it is released after oscar eligibility ended tells me it' probably a bit shit, if it was good it would have been released with the other award contenders
>>
It's fine, not a great adaptation. It isn't Throne of Blood or Loncraine's Richard III.
>>
Polanski is better. This one wasn't bad, but had flaws. Some scenes dragged for too long, the soundtrack became annoying after some time and I don't understand what was the purpose of all those kids everywhere. Some changes, like the pyre, the sex scene, the first battle scene and lady Macbeth's insanity were fucking annoying.

>>7616650
It has been changed here and there. I don't remember the original text much, but I noticed that, in the first scene, the witch doesn't say "heath", she uses a completely different word. Of course, this completely kills the rhythm.
>>
>>7616712
>going alone to the cinema
>shameful display of autism

What happened, faggot, do you need a nanny to explain the movie to you and ease your social anxiety 24/7? Do you also read in pairs? Why the fuck do you think you need to go with someone else to a pitch black room where you cannot talk for a cpuple of hours unless you are a teenager with lol so funny comments? Or are you american and you atlre not allowed to go in singles?
>>
>>7616764
>cinema
Eurocucks don't understand social things until the US explains it.
>>
>>7616774

>land of the free
Hope some highschool kids shoot you next time you are watching capeshit with your bros, retard.
>>
So I'm reading Hamlet and I'm like, just flip a coin asshole, the universe is your will.
>>
>>7616815
The universe does not bend to Hamlet! The only choice he has is whether to go with the universe or to opt out of the world entirely!
>>
It was good, but they really dropped the ball with climax of the story. The whole pay off is seeing Macbeth dressed in full armor wearing his crown, fully given into his murderous fury bursting forth from his throne room for his final battle, fighting his way out to the gates where he is finally put down by MacDuff. The actor that played Malcolm also wasn't very good also. I didn't really like the witches in the movie either

I adored Lady Macbeth in the movie though, and she's really the main draw of the story for me, so I was ultimately satisfied
>>
File: 1349389727679.jpg (50KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1349389727679.jpg
50KB, 600x557px
>>7616815
>>
>>7616596
>my feet hurt
>>
>>7616596
Fassbender is goat but I thought this was boring. The 300-esque combat scenes were cringeworthy. Scotland seemed like a pretty shitty place in the movie. It's always dark and apparently there are no subjects to serve the king except for the thirty extras they used in battle scenes. Why would anyone murder someone for control over this Scotland?

My skin was really acting up and I was horribly itchy when I saw it in the theater. Also had a final the next morning so maybe I wasn't in the right mood while I was watching it.
>>
File: 1320856335974.jpg (45KB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
1320856335974.jpg
45KB, 500x621px
>>7616823
You're funny.
>>
>>7616774
I saw Macbeth alone the first week it came to theaters in my city. There were about 20 people there, everyone was alone except for an elderly couple. Going to see a movie alone is not social autism unless its Star Wars or American Pie or some other anti-art trash that serve more as a social experience. If anything, it is social autism to ask a friend to go see Macbeth with you.
>>
>>7616878
kek
>>
>>7616905
>It's always dark
The setting of the play is really dark 99% of the time, you know this?
>>
>>7616914
I took a girl to see it, telling her that she would enjoy the sexually charged relationship of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth but she got mad at me in the first 10 minutes of watching it
>>
>>7617058
what a bleb
>>
I don't watch movies.
>>
>>7616774
>watching a movie in silence is a social thing now

Americans everyone.
>>
>>7617118
no it's just before netflix and chill it was go to the movies and fuck after, so u look like a chronic masturbator if u go to a cinema alone
>>
>>7617058
I had a girlfriend that made me take her to watch book adaptations (all shit aside from Raúl Ruiz' version of Le temps retrouvé) and she never could get into Shakespeare as much as I tried to make her.
>>
>>7617125
Only retards who have no conversation take girls to the movies so they can fuck them. I have always take them to cafés, restaurants or galleries.
>>
>>7617153
me too, i hate movies, but u still look look like faplord of dweeberville if u got to a movie by urself
>>
>>7617157
That is true, but people don't usually give a damn.

Besides, if you don't look like a fedora neckbeard they might think you just wanna see the film and have some time alone
>>
>>7617157
Depends on who is your usual society. I know a lot of academics in theatre and cinema and also artists in both mediums with whom I spend a lot of time talking about plays and movies and they almost always go alone. You could say is normal in my circle of friends being more individualistic than going in flocks to watch sonething as a mean to "social needs", thats why I forget people like you who only think in having someone around them so they can feel less shit about themselves.
>>
>>7616596
I read the script. They've kept the dialogue as lyrical and authentic as possible to the original. Haven't seen the film yet but at some points the script felt a bit cliched. So meh....
>>
>>7617157
>>7617125

>u

Subtle bait, you got some people.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.