[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I start with Pynchon, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 282x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 282x475px
I want to start reading Pynchon. Should I start with V., his first published work, or should I start with Slow Learner so I can see his prose and writing abilities progress? I'm not concerned with the quality of the work, I know most say that Slow Learner is subpar compared to the rest of his work, but what is the recommended starting point for ol' Tommy P?
>>
>>7614783
Start with re-reading your post and not sounding like an autismo, OP
>>
Start with Lot49, it's short and good, then V.
Skip Slow Learner, it's shit he wrote before being THE PINECONE and he published because
>muh famous

It was a Stephen King move. Bad for Mr. Pynchon.
>>
>>7614783
There's a chart that someone made but honestly homie it doesn't matter, there's a real interesting progression from Slow Learner through everything else, TCoL49 is usually the intro book because its the shortest way to get anything and everything Pynchon and let's you know if you really want to read more, but honestly I read like GR->TCoL49->IV->M&D->SL->V.->VNLND->BE
>>
>>7614799
I still plan on reading Slow Learner at some point, but thanks for the input.
>>7614808
I've seen the chart, I was just wondering if there was any value in seeing his progression as a writer. Thank you, lad
>>
>>7614783
don't bother he's a juvenile hack and no amount of memeing will make him good
>>
File: 1453289912422.jpg (2MB, 1222x3649px) Image search: [Google]
1453289912422.jpg
2MB, 1222x3649px
>>7614783
>>
>>7614819
I knew this was coming at some point
>>
>>7614819
i wouldnt say he's a hack, but he's definitely juvenile, a shitposter.
>>
>>7614819
no amount of the pynchon is bad meme will make him bad
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.