[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job at my local newspaper? I go to their website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 39c7e23.jpg (25KB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
39c7e23.jpg
25KB, 320x384px
How do I get a job at my local newspaper? I go to their website and find nothing helpful that would lead me to anything lucrative. The only thing they have is a place to submit news, but I feel as if that'll just have someone steal my writing and pass it off as their own.

I guess the better question would be is it even worth it? Apparently printed media in the form of something that is not 24 hours news is dying? What would be my alternatives here? I don't really want to be limited to 140 characters on Twitter and have to deal with "yea da news 2day was bad" with multiple emoticons.
>>
dress up as a pizza guy and adopt an italian accent, claim you don't speak english to gain access to the building and drop off your resume in a pizza box
>>
>>7610201
Bumping. How would I go about submitting things such as reviews to my local newspaper for pay?
>>
>>7610210

Should I also pull back my long coat and reveal that I am not an adult but instead two children standing one on top of the other?
>>
>>7610216
this is optional
>>
>>7610213
"Hi, are you looking for any writers?"
>>
>>7610293

Would you also suggest a firm handshake?
>>
>>7610394
rofl xd

asking if they're hiring seems like a pretty sensible step 1. idk how you get into online reporting, but if you want to do opinion pieces just get a blog.
>>
>>7610201
Just by reading this I can tell you're too dumb to be a journalist.

That's saying a lot, considering I'm a journalist.
>>
If you know your way around web hosting, or have an acquaintance who does, here's how YandereDev did it.

Step 1: Write a handful of articles. Some at 250, some at 1000, most at 750.
Step 2: Host the articles yourself. Edit the viewcount to a reasonable number.
Step 3: Show them the articles and say you're interested in writing for them.
>>
>>7610213
Reviews are generally taken from the wire, and small-town newspapers very rarely run them.
A newspaper is probably not going to just pick up your review without any previous bylines to your name.
>>
>>7610216
Not until you have the job, dingus.
>>
>>7610201
you need to show you can write
ideally one would have written for a school paper
but a well-written blog is taking the place of that path somewhat these days
EXPERIENCE
YOU FUCKING MONG
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.