[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Chomsky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: noamchomsky.jpg (12KB, 229x344px) Image search: [Google]
noamchomsky.jpg
12KB, 229x344px
What does /lit/ think of Chomsky?
>>
>>7607230
Manufacturing Consent was ok.
>>
His theories are unfalsifiable trash.

His politics are embarrassingly childish.
>>
>>7607230
I think he'll be ok
>>
>>7607250
Universal Grammar is real, and the cognitive revolution couldn't have happened without him. Stay salty, behaviorist.
>>
>>7607269
>cognitive revolution couldn't have happened >without him
That's like saying : The rooster gives rise to the sun every morning.
>>
>>7607230

A great go-to man for political insights as regards American foreign policy and a potent tonic for treating the insane theory myopia of the academic left.
>>
In syntax Chomsky's influence is so pervasive that it's not a question of what you think of him, but how you come to terms with him
>>
>>7607230

This is surely sarcasm?

His foreign policy invariably boils down to "lol Western imperialism did it" and his last contribution to the myopic left was the denigration of behavioralist politicization in the '60s; however, outside of linguistics he's been just as bad as behavioralists in propagating inane postmodern thought (i.e. IQ denialism in a number of ways).

He is the quintessential academic that espouses dogmatic, borderline lunatic views.
>>
>>7607250
his political theory isn't anything impressive, his command of the facts of the post-war 20th century and his ability to give an accessible interpretation of them is.
>>
>>7607541

remember that time you didn't read noam chomsky ever?
>>
File: laughinggirlsstock.jpg (284KB, 1300x954px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirlsstock.jpg
284KB, 1300x954px
>>7607541

>behavioralists
>>
A very clever man bizarrely committed to bad ideas
>>
reminder sam harris bodied this fool
>>
>>7607541
lol no
>>
DUDE TREES LMAO
>>
terrible speaker. i bet half his classes fell asleep 15 minutes in at MIT. proof: go to youtube and listen to him talk
>>
>>7607230
interesting ideas overshadowed by dogmatic beliefs
>>
>>7607230
All I know is that he is a killer linguist.
>>
>>7607230
would take him after the debate/10
>>
>2016
>not being an anarchist
>>
>>7609280

>killer linguist
no cunning linguist pun

ma nigga
>>
>>7607291

>Not believing in Roosterism

Okay there negative Nancy, no need to get feather fandangled.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.