[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the book you've read the most pages of in a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (38KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 307x475px
what was the book you've read the most pages of in a single day, and how many was it

pic related, 450
>>
>>7592274
I read about 120 pages of Anna Karenina the other day. A productive day for me. 450 though? I can't even imagine. That's pretty incredible. How long did it take you? I'd say 120 pages took me well over 3 hours but probably under 4.
>>
>>7592340

well, monte cristo is bit easier than anna karenina, but still, it took me full day, never felt like a chore though
>>
>>7592436
Same, OP. Knocked that masterpiece out in like 3 days. I did take some adderall, but I didn't need it, Monte Cristo is one of the most fun reads ever.
>>
How come consuming lots and lots of television and movies is glorified while not the same for reading?

One of my challenges for this year is to try and read War & Peace in a single day.
>>
>>7592471
Uh, I don't think that's possible anon, unless you stay up for 24 hours straight and are amped the fuck up. Even then, all of war and peace is a stretch.
>>
I've read a few ~200-250 page books in one sitting. Nothing more than that though
>>
>>7592274
I'm reading Monte Cristo presently, mostly in 50-100 page chunks daily, but around about the Bertuccio sub-plot and the bit where Noirtier reveals he killed Franz D'Epinay's father I looked up after 200+ pages and two or three hours had passed.

What did you think of it, OP? I'm enjoying it quite a lot, a strong finish and it would be positively admirable.

I guess the most pages I ever read in a single sitting was when I read all of Huck Finn in bed at 15. Pretty beautiful moment tbqh.

>>7592471
Damn niqqa that's like 50 pages an hour for 24 straight hours.
And after all that effort you'll just get people on /lit/ posting >translatation at you
>>
>>7592474

I think it's entirely doable. You just need to properly plan for the day.
>>
>>7592485
Question for you guys, do you consider Monte Cristo light reading or patrish?

that one section when I was certain Max was gonna seppuku I read so fast
>>
>>7592491
It's a masterpiece so it's pretty patrish. It takes tremendous skill to come up with those sophisticated subplots and keep it entertaining.
>>
>>7592491
I have been surprised at how many people here consider it to be quite patrician. It's essentially a very romantic adventure novel and like The Three Musketeers, it's too long.
That said, I agree that it has never been a chore to read and it's given me goosebumps a few times.

One of my favourite passages in the whole book is:
He taught him the workings of the compass, pointed out to him the bearings of the coast, and taught him to read in that great book opened over our heads where God writes in azure with letters of diamonds.
Whenever I see a beautiful night sky, I think of that passage.
>>
My most read pages is also from the count of Monte cristo but it is only 130 pages.
>>
hatty porrer the pizner at akublam, 1 day 500+ pages not even songs fire ice can beat that wow
>>
>>7592485

I thought the story was amazing, I don't think i've read any other work that was so edge-of-your-seat. Near the end there's some pretty interesting themes, and even though the writing isn't the most beautiful, the plot and characters more than make up for it.

>>7592491

i'd say it succeeds at being both
>>
>>7592486
1392 pages. 1440 minutes in a day. So, one page a minute? And no toilet or food breaks?
>>
>>7592520
it is an adventure novel about revenge and love but these concepts, while wildly overused and abused, are the essence of human nature. Dumas did a superb skill in Monte Cristo(as well as 3 Musketeers and his other works) and is one of the main people I think of when the whole "esoteric=/=good" discussion comes up.
>>
>>7592274
I read about 20% of the count of monte cristo in a day I couldn't put it down
>>
>>7592274
I read about 700 pages of atlas shrugged in a day. It was hell. I had to do it for school in high school.
>>
>>7592607
i took my sweet ass time for Atlas Shrugged(yes, I enjoyed it). it is a dense novel, though, since she digresses into moralistic speeches a good amount of the time. I had to break down Galt's speech over a few days, it was sort of monotonous(but I liked the subject matter)
>>
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the day it came out in a single sitting.
>>
>>7592274
Read the Silmarillion in one marvellous sunny saturday - don't remember shit that happened in it now though. No regrets.
>>
The Two Towers in one day when I was 14.
>>
File: pleb.jpg (11KB, 203x118px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
11KB, 203x118px
asoiaf
something like 400 pages
>>
Jane Eyre, 420 pages in a day. Yesterday, with a couple of breaks here and there.
>>
Most I've ever done was 400 pages straight through in A Clash of Kings. Took 12 hours, including bathroom and food breaks.
This was the day after my girlfriend broke up with me.

Sorry guys.
>>
>>7592274
Back in high school I read Les miserables in two days.It was summer break and I had nothing better to do.
I've had others all-dayers but I think this one left me the most dazed.
Also there is tons of dumb doorstopper fantasy novels I've read in a single day but they are not really worth remembering.
>>
>>7592274

I think I read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in an afternoon a few years back.
I loved that trilogy, I feel no shame
>>
On my third reread of it I went through all of The Master And Margarita(about 400 pages) in one day - but that took me pretty much the entire day.
>>
>>7592949

and i thought i was looking good with finishing it in 4 days

did you read all of it, even the parts about paris sewage system and excessive history of monastery?
>>
I read The Magus in 2 days in a half last summer, it might have been around 250 to 300 during the peak
>>
>>7592981
The sewage system part was my favorite.Fucking Hugo.
>>
I can read 80 pages an hour at top speed, so I guess in theory I could spend a day reading and read like 1000 pages... but in reality I don't like to spend more than six hours a day reading, and I prefer to read at 60pages/hr speed.
>>
I read a Prayer for Owen Meaney in 2 days. About 300 pages a day average.
>>
>>7592274
like 400 of dune
>>
>>7592274
Idk, probably something like Harry Potter or Angels & Demons when I was younger. Maybe 100 pages or more in a few hours?

Can't really fathom myself reading more than 80 pages a day of Plato
>>
I read The Bluest Eye in one day, and half of Jane Eyre in one day... and Mrs. Dalloway in one day. But that's all under 300 pages.
God, how do you guys read so fast?
>>
Read 141 pages from Stoner today, finishing it.
Wish i had read it sooner.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.