[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Kurt Vonnegut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: kv.jpg (262KB, 936x1388px) Image search: [Google]
kv.jpg
262KB, 936x1388px
What does /lit/ think of Kurt Vonnegut?
>>
>>7582154
I read Slaughterhouse 5 and loved it, what other works of his should I read?
>>
go back to reddit
>>
>>7582185
Cat's Cradle, Breakfast of Champions
>>
probably same thing it thought yesterday and every other day this is posted

lurk more
>>
>>7582154
fucking grow up and read some real books
>>
File: 1452638341044.png (186KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
1452638341044.png
186KB, 300x358px
>>7582154

treb plash
>>
>>7582185
Sirens of Titan is my favourite
>>7582192
Sorry I had no idea, I don't come to lit and I was discussing him irl today and was looking for opinions online
>>
we don't
>>
>>7582191
>>7582207
Sweet, thanks guys
>>
>>7582207
fuck off to reddit and ask then
>>
He's alright, nothing amazing but alright nonetheless. Good for teenagers.

Most of the people against him ITT are plebs just trying to appear patrician in order to appease the /lit/ meme mind. They are actually parroting plebs and should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>7582265
Thanks bro
>>7582283
Ahahaha I can tell
>>
>>7582154
I've read Cat's cradle and will never touch him again.
Too 'lol so randum am i quirky now haha' for my taste.
>>
>>7582309
Ahahahah fucking kill yourself Vonnegut is for 15 year olds

>>7582326
this
>>
>>7582283
This anon is correct. He's ok, but read a bit more litcore & he diminishes quite a bit.
>>
>>7582309
They're quite silly, but elitism is good for the board. Unfortunately some of those trying to be the elite are sheepish plebs and can't give a good explanation for why things are pleb. For example, this guy could actually give a reason why he didn't like Vonnegut: >>7582326 , which allows for further literary discussion -- which is good.

Anyway,

You might enjoy:

The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon
The Golden Ass - Apuleius
>>
A /lit/ secret: If you wait until the middle of the night to post a Vonnegut thread, when all the edgy tryhard Americans are asleep, then you can get a pretty good discussion going among patricians.
>>
Haven't read him since high school, but liked him. Especially Breakfast of Champions.
>>
ayy lmao aliens tweet tweet AYY optometry also bombing is bad and so it goes

Anything I missed?
>>
>>7582355
I came here to hear reasonable criticism so I'm in agreement on that, and I'll check out those booka
>>7582392
Point taken
>>
>>7582358
But it's not nighttime anywhere in America?
>>
A lesser-known/discussed work of his I highly recommend: God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian. It reads as a journalistic piece where the author repeatedly meets with Dr. Kevorkian, who gives him injections to temporarily kill him. Each time he dies, Vonnegut meets and interviews historical figures of varying levels of prominence/obscurity, in heaven. It is a great and extraordinarily quick read, easily found online.
>>
>>7582392
Yeah, everything not found in Slaughterhouse-5 and most of what is.
>>
File: Collage 2016-01-13 14_27_25.jpg (354KB, 1080x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2016-01-13 14_27_25.jpg
354KB, 1080x1752px
>>7582392
>>
>>7582547
Sorry I thought I had cropped this, you get the point.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.