[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I have read the western canon How old am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Parnaso_09.jpg (20KB, 220x266px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Parnaso_09.jpg
20KB, 220x266px
>I have read the western canon
How old am I?
>>
85 years and 183 days old
>>
bloom years old
>>
I'd say 50
>>
>>7572107
Nah he's Bloom's son. Old bastard got him started in the womb.
>>
Didn't it only take Borges and Pound into middle age?
>>
What is the western canon, is there a complete list?
>>
>>7572175

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KK6DGMI/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1
>>
>>7572643
I could read these at about 1 book/day if I didn't have a job and 4chan
>>
Starting at college age, I'd guess at least 55.
>>
>>7572999
no you couldn't.
http://sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
>>
>>7573016
>no Aristotle's Metaphysics
>>
if you didn't spend at least 15 years on Plato you are a pleb
>>
>>7572095
underrated
>>
>>7572999

top kek

>>7573016

Jesus, I forgot how big the list was. Can you imagine?

Bloom's an absolute madman.
>>
>>7573048
I think Bloom once claimed to have read about 100,000 books. I wish I could read that much.
>>
>>7573032
To be really frank here, you need to take a pick of what author/philosopher (or group of them) interests you most and get really knowledgeable about them (which implies spending years with specific works instead of reading everything in the Canon).
>>
>>7573077

I don't believe that number.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's including books he read going back to when he was 13 years old? That's 72 years of reading.

If he read 100,000 books, that's almost 1400 per year. Almost 27 per week. For his entire life. From 13 years old to today.

That's impossible. And that's ignoring the length or intellectual level of the books he's claimed to have analyzed.
>>
>>7573145
I believe him, since he said he could read 500 pages an hour.
>>
>>7572086
Is that Dante Alighieri on the left?
>>
>>7573276
Yes. It's Homer, Virgil and Dante, who Raphael would have recognized as the three great poets.
>>
>>7573251
god mode
>>
>>7573145
As he says in an interview, he could read from age 3 and did so incessantly, taught himself to read Hebrew at age 4 and english at age 5 and other things
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.