[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's me , Fatherdoubles. THow is that book you are reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: taoline.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
taoline.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
It's me , Fatherdoubles. THow is that book you are reading? Is it a goo dBook?

Please post in this thread what you are are currently reading, you're opinions on it, and what book you have planned do read next. Thanks you!
>>
Hey Father Dubs!

I'm currently reading Gravity's Rainbow under lits suggestion. It's a little confusing, but a fun read nonetheless.

I plan on going through the majority of Poe's work next. I've never read him before, so I don't really know what to suspect. What would you say, Father Dubs?
>>
>>7570626
Hello fatherdoubles, right now im reading Pale Fire and Invisible Cities. I like invisible cities,but im reading it rather slowly. It doesnt excite me and keep me on the edge of my seat. Instead it is a comfy, nice read that I can read a couple of times a week. Pale fire is dense, and i feel like im missing a lot of references.

Im planning to read 100 years of solitude, a time cholera, and la truega.
>>
CHING

CHONG
>>
>>7570626
Learn "da Engrish" before you post you doltish, rotund faggot.
>>
>>7570658
Father Doubles here. Fuck off to redddit l ol
>>
>>7570658
hey no need to be mean. If you are going to be mean, then go back to reddit.
>>
>>7570639
best b trollin ngr, invisible cities can be read in a couple hours, and it's one of the most fascinating shits of the 20th century, dare you to think about cities, humans, or history the same way again shitlord
>>
>>7570683
No i never said it was bad or anything. I just like to read it slowly. I have no doubt that it can be read in one sitting. If you are going to be a dick, go be a dick on twitter
>>
>>7570626
Did I ban you from TC at some point? I wouldn't have the slightest clue why you would care so much about a tinychat to waste your time mocking me on a chinese cartoon imageboard. Perhaps you need to look into some psychological counseling.
>>
File: tao.jpg (21KB, 475x357px) Image search: [Google]
tao.jpg
21KB, 475x357px
>>7570683
It;s fucking awfull. A terrible book read bye rterrible people.
>>
>>7570702
Who is this
>>
>>7570702
>>7570703
>>7570712
it sure is SUMMER IN HERE. Go back to reddit and post there. this is a discussion board, not a MEMEING board
>>
Anna Karenina is the most comfy book I've ever read T B H.
>>
>>7570725
ok you are most obviously from reddit. it asked for books you are CURRENTLY reading. not what is the comfiest book. Go back to reddit and farm for karma there.
>>
>>7570731
This is the first time i've ever been told to go back to reddit on /lit/. I honestly expected for it to happen sooner.
>>
This place is fucking awful.
>>
>>7570735
this must also be your first time on lit. Seriously just go back to r/books. Seems like your crowd.
>>
>>7570744
Says the tripfag.
>>
>>7570749
Yes, says the tripfag. I'm glad you can raed. Guess reddit did teach you something. I still think they are more your crowd though. You should go back to the /safespace/
>>
I-Is Taipei actually any good? I'm buying some books on Amazon this months and was wondering if I should replace one with Taipei? I have the following books in my cart:

Kokoro - Soseki
Rings of Saturn - Sebald
Oblomov - Gonchorov
Hopscotch - Cortazar
Tarr - Lewis
>>
>>7570626
I'm reading The Everlasting Man right now. At times I enjoy it, but there are sections that leave me lost due to my lack of knowledge on some of the references.

Think I am going to read Death on the Installment Plan next.
>>
>>7570781
G-G-GO B-B-BACK T-T-TO R-R-REDDIT
>>
>>7570755
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I read top of my board on the literature section of 4chan and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on r/books. and I have over 300 confirmed doorstoppers read. I am trained in humanities and I’m the top shitposter in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another pleb. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Russian poets across the land and your plebian traits are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re a fucking pleb, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you with highfalutin lagnuage in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my pencil. Not only am I extensively trained in patrician combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Library of Congress and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>7570790
I think you should go back to reddit
>>
>>7570781
It's okay.
>>
File: BloomCheeky.jpg (12KB, 200x269px) Image search: [Google]
BloomCheeky.jpg
12KB, 200x269px
Bloom Senpai here. I missed talking to you fatherdubs sama.
>>
>>7570799
nice meme. Go back to reddit, i think they would appreciate it there. Go get your karma points and reddit gold
>>
>>7570803
>>7570805
Can you guys leave and go back to reddit?
>>
>>7570800
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>7570815

Make me.

Go back to Reddit.
>>
>>7570781
I actually haven't read Taipei myself, but I have enjoyed some of Tao Lin's non-fiction writing. But who am I to tell you what to do with your cart?

I usually prefer reading English-language literature, so I wouldn't be able to tell you anything much about the books in your cart. Tarr by Lewis sounds very interesting. My reading backlog is pretty full at the moment, but I will probably check it out at some point.

– fr dubs
>>
>>7570815
Contributing to the thread? im contributing to this board by getting rid of redditors like you. Go screen cap this and put it on r/4chan. I dont want normies like you here ever again.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (25KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
25KB, 301x267px
>>7570815
Father's family always has my back.
>>
>>7570814
>>7570808
>>7570795
>>7570755
>>7570744
>>7570731
>>7570718
>>7570695
>>7570663
>>7570639
Can tripfags please fuck to another fucking layer of hell? This place is torture enough with you fuckers breathing down my fucking neck everytime I make a post. Just fuck off. Please. Just fucking go suck Satan's nuts. Just that. Fucking please and thanks.
>>
>>7570816
It's time to stop posting now, Vincenzo
>>
>>7570826
"Oh no this place is too hard for me" Go fucking back to reddit. That place is clearly soft enough for you. If this place is such torture then leave you fucking soft child.
>>
>>7570626
Actually reading Richard Yates rn desu
Along with Tropic of Cancer, The Luzhin Defense, and The Book of Disquiet.
>>
>>7570816
Nice trip faggot
>>
File: 1441639283648.jpg (20KB, 246x158px) Image search: [Google]
1441639283648.jpg
20KB, 246x158px
>>7570833
Reatarded tripposter
>>
>>7570833
>>7570842

You need to get off my fucking website kid.
>>
>>7570847
"reatarded" nice one. Go back to reddit and learn how to spell
>>
>>7570848
lmaooooooo
>>
>>7570790
I don't know why I am responding here, OP is someone who thinks it's clever to mock in this way for one reason or another.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Everlasting Man. Chesterton is quite a witty writer. But I would think that his work would appeal most to those who are specifically looking for Christian apologetics. What led you to pick it up?

-fr dubs
>>
>>7570859
Take your Reddit-tier posts back to Reddit.
>>
>>7570863
LE MAO
>>
>>7570862
I am going through a religious reading phase. This was one of books on the first tier. It was recommended to be read before getting into heavier books written by Saints and such. I was raised Catholic and have been intrigued by Orthodoxy lately as well.. Just kinda seeing where the ride takes me.
>>
>>7570895
Good luck on your religious reading. I think it speaks well to your character & disposition that you're willing to delve into something that has been one of the most important part of the human experience for millennia instead of blithely dismissing like the typical I Fucking Love Science subscriber.

-fr dubs
>>
Father Doubles,
I am reading The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. I'm 75% through and I never want it to end.

All the characters are bastards I love it
>>
>>7570921
I tried reading that but the dialog was really terrible and it was just a shitty pastiche of fantasy tropes.
I wanted to gag 4chapters in I didn't get to 5
>>
>>7570936
You're not pater doublis

fuck off
>>
>>7570921
Just so you know, I'm not the OP. OP is just some guy who thinks it's funny to mock some guy from the internet.

Anyway, I'm pretty unread in genre-fic. But I've been mulling over picking up a good series for some light reading in the bath or before going to sleep. What would you recommend?

-fr dubs
>>
>>7570959
daddy why did you leave us? come back to the family. we need you.
>>
>>7570964
I think reddit need you. Go back.
>>
>>7570948
No I'm not but unless that is your first foray into fantasy the first law will feel like chewing tasteless grey gristle.
I think the first protag in chapter 1 says "shit" 2-4 times (after waking up from a blackout as his entire adventure party (from his destroyed hometown of course))

It reads like a dungeons and dragons quest module from the bargain bin.
>>
>>7570978
What are your recommendations in fantasy/sci fi? I'm completely unread in either genre aside from Philip K Dick and the Hobbit.

- fr dubs
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.