[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barnes & Nobles leatherbounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: bnclassics.jpg (91KB, 519x595px) Image search: [Google]
bnclassics.jpg
91KB, 519x595px
Hi guys!
What do you think about these bad boys? :)
I really like them! they look so classy in the shelf and they are pretty cheap where i live!
>>
nobody is amused, anon
>>
Top tier. I have one in a wood finished countertop book display case. It's the envy of my personal library.
>>
File: 1445325845153.jpg (307KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
1445325845153.jpg
307KB, 750x850px
>>
>>7556886
>The weeb thinks it's people
>>
>>7556886

We're all being sincere ITT, dumb weebposter.
>>
So garish. It's like they're for a child's bookshelf
>>
>>7556926
That only makes it worse
Go back to reddit anytime
>>
This is a real thing? I have probably 20 of these and thought it was cool looking! I've read probably 80% of them so they're not really just for show. This is a bummer thread man :/
>>
>>7558711
around 10 - 20% of them are decent/OK. Most are really gaudy. For the decent ones though it's OK value if you're getting like 3 - 5 books you actually want to read for <$20.
>>
>>7556653
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...
>>
>>7558711
Go back to imgur or tumblr
>>
i own that Sherlock Holmes copy. its nice, but i wouldnt have a whole collection of this style. its a little maximalist for me.
>>
I bought this a long time ago which kinda reminds me of those. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>7557851
>>
>>7558799

Back to reddit, my man.
>>
>>7556653
Only seven Jules Verne novels? NOT ENOUGH.
>>
>>7559379
Verne is actually good though, but the B&N editions presumably use the cheapest/public source shitty translations with cuts and mistakes they could find.
>>
I have The Prince in this edition and it's very nice, had already read it on Kindle but wanted a physical copy because it's nice to have physical copies of books you like.
>>
>>7556889
>complaining about Malay stick arrangements at Malay Stick Arrangement Discussion Club HQ
>>
>>7559386
>Verne is actually good though

That's what I meant - his seven most popular works are just scratching the surface. Bet there's no Hunt for the Meteor or Michael Strogoff in there.
>>
>>7556653
it works for arabian nights and shakespeare and maybe a few others, but most of these are so gaudy and overdone it makes me want to puke
>>
>>7559593
if you open the book on the shakespeare you'll see the typesetting/font/layout is awful

IIRC the bradbury one is actually ok as was the gray's anatomy and (foundation?)
>>
>>7559598
I've never actually looked into one, i would imagine they're pretty low quality
>>
Like some of the designs but the paper stock is shit and the covers feel as though they are made from card
>>
Dickens, Homlmed and all the old period dramas like Jane Austen are top tier. The rest are over the top and shit
>>
>>7556886
What's wrong with these exactly?
>>
>>7559697
Low quality, "leather", gaudy/ugly, people buy them to look classy, lots of reddit shelves with these, etc
>>
>7559677
See >>7559713

On top of OP obviously being either new, or somebody baiting hard
>>
>>7556653
Are clothbound hardcovers the master race of books? Elegant but subtle, and very durable.
>>
>>7559726
>baiting hard

This thread is as common as you can get.
>>
File: 9780307291813_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg (20KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
9780307291813_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg
20KB, 192x263px
>>7558783
Fugging how much?
>>
They look like shit why do people like these designs?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.