[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys how long Divine Comedy is? I have some weird version, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2934x4868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2934x4868px
Guys how long Divine Comedy is? I have some weird version, it says "exerpts" and its 400-500 pages long, but i counted verses and its ~14000 more or less. Yet in internet they say full version is 1000 pages long (?). Please, could anyone say how long this masterpiece is in full full version, and should i read what i got or throw it in garbage??
>>
How old are you? This actually matters
>>
File: chart.png (2MB, 2000x7594px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
2MB, 2000x7594px
It's 14,233 lines, which can be as few as few hundred pages or over a thousand depending on font/spacing/notes/italian inclusion.
>>
I have the copy in your pic and the poem is 482 pages.
>>
>>7555878
Pic unrelated tho forgot to add
>>
isnt Dante pretty judgemental bitch? I doubt he was some sort of saint himself, so how he had right to send all those almost innocent souls to hell?? Even fucking depressed peoples, or neets are damned forever in his book
>>
>>7556102
it's a revenge fantasy executed with stunning literary ability, which makes it fun to read

inferno is the plebbiest (and therefore most popular) cantica anyways.
>>
>>7556102
that's the inferno yes, but paradiso is beautiful beyond measure, especially if you're versed in the medieval theory of colours
>>
>>7556102
fuck bullies
>>
i hope everyone in this thread realizes that OP doesn't understand what "excerpt" is
>>
>>7556170
Pls explain.
>>
>>7555854
I have the Ciardi translation. Is this bad? I chose it over Mandelbaum at the time of purchase.
>>
>>7555839
My version has 305 pages.
>>
>>7557147
>turning down Mandelbaum
what
the fuck
is wrong with you
>In 2000, Mandelbaum traveled to Florence, Italy, for the 735th anniversary of Dante's birth, and was awarded the Gold Medal of Honor of the City of Florence, in honor of his translation of the Divine Comedy. In 2003, he was awarded The Presidential Prize for Translation from the President of Italy, and received Italy's highest award, the Presidential Cross of the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity. He died in Winston-Salem, North Carolina in 2011.[4]
>>
>>7557174
I had no idea. I will get the Mandelbaum translation right now since I haven't started Ciardi yet, but now I will have a useless copy of Ciardi lying around.
>>
Read the Inferno part, but can't make it past the Purgatory
>>
>>7555854
Musa is not that bad at all
>>
>>7557147
>>7557174

Meh they're both fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.