[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mom asks why I wear a chest binder >thrust hands in pockets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: h-BUTCH-640x640.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
h-BUTCH-640x640.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
>mom asks why I wear a chest binder
>thrust hands in pockets to prevent spaghetti spillage
>say it makes me feel better
>"do you want to separate yourself from maturity? or femininity? i looked stuff up and it said they were used to get a more male body"
>spaghetti begins to slip through fingers
>"I don't really give that much thought to it. didn't like something, did something about it"
>"well you're not particularly butch so..."
>pocket spaghetti replaced by confusion
What does it mean to be butch? I wouldn't say I was either but where's the line between tomboy and butch?

I mean, shit, the only feminine things about me are long hair, a couple pieces of jewelry and menstruation.
>>
>>5702651
>What does it mean to be butch?

Short hair and a manly arrogance.
>>
>>5702651
>where's the line between tomboy and butch?

Its weight. Skinny girls are Tomboys, Fat girls are butch.
>>
>>5702697
Honestly, that's all I could think of. Butch makes me think chunky bitch and/or dyke.
>>
>>5702687
>manly arrogance
You mean that obnoxious thing they think manly arrogance is supposed to be.
>>
>>5702651
>long hair
Long hair butch isn't easy, you kinda have to go over the top with it. You probably read more tomboy, if not just a regular cis girl. Why don't you cut your hair?

>maturity
Since I've always known binders in the context of passing, I've never considered that viewpoint. That's some food for thought, about suppressing secondary sex characteristics not out of a desire to be the opposite sex, but to deny sexual maturity.
>>
>>5702852
>Why don't you cut your hair?
I'd like to. I don't want to be read as a lesbian, which butch is tightly linked to. I'd rather be read as tomboy or pass as male. Anyone I mention a short haircut to as an idea gives me the "really? eeeeeeh..." response though which isn't encouraging.
>>
>>5702900
Whats bad about reading lesbian? So you're into guys then?
>>
>>5702978
Yeah. Not like I'm really out to attract anybody but 'lesbian' is one label I do not want. Even if I were dating a girl. Which I'm not adverse to. I dunno, it's weird.
>>
>>5702651
Why do you wear a chest binder if you're not a ftm tranny though
>>
>>5702765

yeah that.
>>
>>5702765
stop worshiping men cockfag
>>
>>5703039
yea i'd rather be seen as a feminine straight woman over a lesbian
>>
Because you're a woman with AAP
>>
>>5702900
Just become an ftm femboy with long hair.
>>
>>5702651
Butch is reserved for lesbians you disgusting fujo. Just take T and grow to be a sad hairy manlet.
>>
>>5702852
I mean, in the 20s girls used binders as a fashion statement. Although I still dont think it was a maturity thing, more of rejecting social norms, etc
>>
>>5704185
Jokes on you, I'm a lesbian.
>>
If there is a line, it's a really really fine line. I would say tomboy implies that you identify as woman and are still feminine enough to pass as a woman. I guess a functional/sporty women's wardrobe in dark or neutral colours is what sets them apart from more feminine girls. Butch, from what I understand, is a masculine woman who dresses in men's clothes. Also short hair can be feminine or masculine depending on how it's styled, so I wouldn't give up on it OP.
>>
>>5704575
Why can't straight women be butch?
>>
>>5702900
Why are trans men so greedy? I literally read a conversation bunch of trans men had on one of the bigger lgbt sites in my language about how unfair it is that they can't pass with long hair and how they don't want to cut their hair. Like wtf? You're not cis so you're gonna have to make extra effort to look good. That would be like a trans woman complaining she doesn't look like a woman while wearing crew cut, male jeans and t shirt. No shit .
>>
>>5705152
They grew up getting treated female of course a lot of them are coddled as fuck.
But to be fair a lot of transwomen are just as a bad, just in different ways.
>>
>>5705269
>But to be fair a lot of transwomen are just as a bad, just in different ways.
In what ways, though? Depressed and suicidal?
>>
>>5702651

Menstruation is femaleness, not femininity.

Butch is like plain t-shirts, buzzcuts, plain jewelry, laced boots, etc. Obviously ties and buttoned shirts. Sometimes you get fancy enough to be called dapper. Tomboy, to me, is more sporty, capris, tennies, ponytails or pixie cuts, etc.

>>5704840

Lesbians consider it a lesbian-only word. Just call yourself masculine.

>>5702765

>not liking butches

Shit taste, sis.
>>
>>5703039

off topic but anyway it can't hurt to be a man/tomboy/whatever who is fluent in English:

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/11/im-averse-to-the-incorrect-use-of-adverse/
>>
>>5704695
you date fems only?
>>
>>5702651
well concealed NB troll
>>
>>5705152
Please don't extend that to all of us. Trans men aren't a monolithic entity.

>>5705269
>>5705372
>implying trans men aren't often depressed and suicidal
Nah
>>
File: smug chen.png (25KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
smug chen.png
25KB, 228x239px
>>5706786
>well concealed
>binding
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.